New PM System

DogMaster40

HEEREE'S JOHNNY!
I've had a little trouble getting trades ready to go because of the new PM system. Is there any way we could get a pop-up to notify us of new PMs again?

I do admit I like it when we are notified with a little pop-up when we recieved new PMs, because it is easier for me to know when I get one. I wouldn't mind having that option again. I never knew it was taken away though. I just thought one day it disappered for some odd reason. :)

Flygon Jedi Master said:
The "New PM" thing is at the top of the forums. It's easy to see, I don't see why you're complaining.

Its not that I don't know where it is, its that I've PMed people to try to get a trade organized, but because of the new PM system, they've logged off before checking the PMs.

No it is called they were AFK already, and never returned before the 15-20min interval.

But there is nothing to complain about. I like the new one. The Pop-Ups always froze my windows.

It would be cool if the "unread 1" turned red whenever someone got a PM. It would be an easy way to identify new PMs without a pop-up that can be bothersome for some people. It will still notify you if you get a PM but it won't be as noticable. :)

I think we should have a system where you can delete the PM without haveing to delete, go to the trash, and delete again.

I also think we should have a larger PM box so that we can keep messages that were deleted due to a minority of space and then conflicts will be easy to solve instead of "I deleted the PM"

There is a bar that will appear at the top of every page in the forum if there is an unread PM. The current version of the forums software doesn't support the popup, I think.

Charizard88 said:
No it is called they were AFK already, and never returned before the 15-20min interval.

But there is nothing to complain about. I like the new one. The Pop-Ups always froze my windows.

Theres a 15-20 minute interval what do you mean by that

Well before it doesn't say there offline it says for 15-20 minutes...here look at this...

At 8:40 am I am online but I leave right at 8:40

Then 8:50 it says I am online but yet it says my last activity is at 8:40

But then once a 15-20min. interval goes by, I go offline. Sometimes this is shorter IIRC.

I personally like the New PM system because the box always froze my computer and if you can't find if you have new PM's, you should just check often.

Back