New Player wants a Cheap Deck

DesStratos

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone

My little brother is trying to get into Pokemon, but he doesnt have much money to spend on cards

Are there any decent decks that would be good for league and arent too expensive?

Any help would be appriciated

PS. Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong place, couldnt think of anywhere else to put it.

Shuppet donk is a fairly cheap deck. Uxie donk and Dunsparse Donk are all cheap. Blastgatr is kind of pushing it, but it's kinda cheap.

Since there is no decklist in this thread (and since you are looking for a cheap deck), this thread belongs in the TCG News & General Discussion forum.

*Moved*

thanks for moving this gliscor

Although thanking is the polite thing to do, it is still spam. Next time please pm them. omahanime

Look up at your avatar for a hint. Umbreon is a solid format deck, not going to rotate in August, and not only not that hard to play, most young players will have more fun with it than with donk decks. It may not be top tier, but it's more than solid enough to get him through league, and he can always run better and more expensive decks later as he accumulates staple cards.

I agree the Umbreon theme deck is an excellent place to start. Heck the deck I run for competative play focuses on Umbreon UD. Just get some staples from league promo's and flesh out the deck with some customization and you'll be good to go.

Umbreon lock's good, but I would recommend Jumpluff. It'll stay with HGSS, AND is very cheap and easy to play.

You can like use cheaper decks like some rares that you already have or perhaps start with an easier deck and as he wins league and get more cards, he could use those and so on.

I'd wait for Black&White to come out; a lot of the good "cheap" decks right now (e.g. Gyarados, Sablock, Dialgachomp) are likely to get rotated soon (they have to get rid of SF when the BW rules come into play; Sableye SF with first-turn trainers would be disastrous).

I vote Umbreon UD (not the prime), it's a great lock against a good portion of the format, and is pretty inexpensive. If you want you can PM me for a list.

Back