Help New player need advice on creating a playable deck

Tichon

Aspiring Trainer
Hi there Pokemon Community :)

I'm a new player to Pokemon and would love to get started with a decent deck and I'm asking you guys for advice. I only have cards from Sun & Moon set and I wonder if there are any valid deck to create with just the cards from Sun & Moon. I mainly need some sort of a guidance to make a deck.

Regards, Tichon

Tell me what cards you have that could form the core of a deck.
For example: new players should go for cards that are easy to play like Umbreon-GX or Espeon-GX, they are not amazingly strong cards but will help you work the fundamentals. Other card could be Lurantis-GX, that deck basically play itself.
I use Yvelta-EX which is also a really easy card to play but as you said you have cards only from sun and moon I don't think that is an option for you.
If you have more experience you could totally go for more complex strategies but I would recommend thinking of a core and forming a deck based on it.

here's the card ratio I tell the new players at my league (this is just a starting point adjust as needed)

18 pokemon
12 supporters
18 items/stadiums
12 energy

as a new player the first thing you should invest in is the staples trainers, rotation is about a week away, so best to focus on what stays in standard for the moment.
so try to get 3-4 of each of these
Professor Sycamore, N, Brigette, Float Stone, Super Rod, Max Elixir, Max Potion, Ultra Ball, Nest Ball, Rare Candy, Enhanced Hammer, Crushing Hammer, Rescue Stretcher, Field Blower, Choice Band, Wally, Evosoda, Guzma, Super Scoop Up, Kiawe. Energy Retrieval, Escape Rope.

I have 2x Sylveon GX, but i dont have any Eevees thou. But it's a card i like :)
I also have 2x Kommo-o GX , 2x Wishiwashi GX, 1x Tapu Koko GX and 1 Tapu Lele GX.

Dont know if this help in anyway.

I have some of those staples trainers:
1x Energy Retrieval
4x Choice Band
3x Escape Rope
4x Guzma
4x Enhanced Hammer
4x Max Potion
4x Rescue Stretcher
1x Rare Candy
2x Field Blower
3x Super Scoop Up
2x Kiawe

Sycamore and N seems to be the high tier trainers. Being used in many decks.

If you have a tapu lele GX that goes in any deck, get 4 evee and a sylveon. You will need to use the sylveon casue you have almost no draw supports.
Komo-o GX and wishiwashi GX are way to hard to play, try using them to get better cards.
Draw supports are a need, so find a way to get them.

Back