ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

I was thinking maybe with Lysandre getting a Mega Gyarados in X and Y, I could see Maxie and Archie in ORAS getting Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo respectively for the final boss fight.

Mega Camerupt could get White Smoke as an ability maybe and Mega Sharpedo can have Speed Boost or Strong Jaw since he's a shark after all!

So I have a question, we might be getting more 6 generation mega pokemon in OR/AS? It's kind of unexpected becuase we are getting mega Diancie (but considering that diancie is like one of the main characters of the upcoming movie, it kind of make sense), but if that's the case well mega az's floette :p or being more real I might say mega Delphox or Talonflame XD

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Silverorb said:
So I have a question, we might be getting more 6 generation mega pokemon in OR/AS? It's kind of unexpected becuase we are getting mega Diancie (but considering that diancie is like one of the main characters of the upcoming movie, it kind of make sense), but if that's the case well mega az's floette :p or being more real I might say mega Delphox or Talonflame XD

You could go more in-depth to say we will get new pokemon but that's off topic.

I really want some 5th gen mega evolutions since we don't have any, mega druddigon is a must along with mega galvantula and mega zoroark (more than likely he won't get a mega due to his unique backstory and ability). I agree with Patob, Archie and Max's signature pokemon should get their respective mega evolutions, it just makes sense.

If 5th gen mon are going to get Megas, I want there to be a Mega Unfezant. That thing's the worst of the birds anyway.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Mitja said:
RogueChomp said:
And why the hell does it have LIGHTNING ROD.

have you not seen its big-ass-pointy-tree-tail?

And if you mean why not something "good", I wanna remind you that volt switch is quite a popular move these days.

Volt Switch may be popular, but it isn't that effective against Grass-types...

I have no issues with LR because not only it allows the user to be immune to electric-types, but also increase its SA. Sure, it should have something unique, something powerful ability but whatever. No one's perfect.

Speaking of Megas, I really want Mega Swellow. (I never use it because it's so weaksauce, and that Mega evolution better have Aerilate-so many normal types attacks)

Windwhip said:
Mitja said:
have you not seen its big-ass-pointy-tree-tail?

And if you mean why not something "good", I wanna remind you that volt switch is quite a popular move these days.

Volt Switch may be popular, but it isn't that effective against Grass-types...

I have no issues with LR because not only it allows the user to be immune to electric-types, but also increase its SA. Sure, it should have something unique, something powerful ability but whatever. No one's perfect.

Speaking of Megas, I really want Mega Swellow. (I never use it because it's so weaksauce, and that Mega evolution better have Aerilate-so many normal types attacks)

Mega Swellow should gain a load of special attack and Aerilate to abuse a crazy powerful Boomburst, then Hidden Power Grass and Heatwave to round out coverage. (if I'm correct, thats only resisted by like 3 pokemon)

It'll probably get buried/already is buried but here are a few idea of megas from each gen that I feel would be awesome. Hopefully at least 1 of them gets a mega in the new games.

Gen 1:
Mega Rapidash - give it wings and make it Fire/Fairy for crying out loud.
Mega Raichu - for the stat boost if nothing else.
Mega Nidoking - the knight. make his appearance look more armor-like, head more helmet like. His tail becomes pointy like a lance. Poison/Steel type.
Mega Snorlax - honestly it would be hilarious if he were Normal/Psychic and became "enlightened"
Mega Lapras/Machamp/Arcanine - no brilliant ideas, they are just among my favorite Gen I pokemon

Gen 2:
Mega Feraligatr - Water/Electric I'm thinking Godzilla like electric fins on his back.
Mega Typhlosion - Remain pure fire, would love a more "eruption" look
Mega Meganium - Grass/Fairy type
Mega Donphan & Ursaring - Tank Donphan (Steel/Ground) and make Ursaring's attack huge (Normal/Fighting).

Gen 3:
Mega Mightyena - Bipedal. Pure Dark. Werewolfish
Mega Sableye - Cuz Mawile got one, where is the love?
Mega Torkoal - Always thought he was wasted potential
Mega Lunatone/Solrock - Basically they both have the same mega stone, and it doesn't matter which one you are using, the mega is both of them, either side by side or fused, with some kind of asteroid belt or stars surronding them. A unique mega. Super big defenses.

Gen 4:
I honestly don't have great ideas for pokemon in this Gen. Except a Mega Rotom with a ridiculous/awesome new design. Electric/Steel type, I don't know.

Gen 5:
Mega Emboar/Samurott/Serperior - Don't care what happens to them, just honestly think all three starter finals are the most disappointing in the franchise and deserve better.
Mega Haxorus - He could use the buff and has a cool design to work off of.
Mega Golurk - Fighting/Ghost type

250px-571Zoroark.png

I would love Mega Mightyena, but I think keeping it on four legs is the best way to avoid clashing with Zoroark's design.
Also, Mega Castform please. I have no idea what it would look like or do, I just want to see what they would do with it.

Keeper of Night said:
250px-571Zoroark.png

I would love Mega Mightyena, but I think keeping it on four legs is the best way to avoid clashing with Zoroark's design.
Also, Mega Castform please. I have no idea what it would look like or do, I just want to see what they would do with it.

You're probably right. It's the least creative idea I had, honestly it's just something I saw a lot of in fake leaks last year for XY

Either way, pokemon like Mightyena, Sandslash, Primeape, Whiscash etc are probably the ones who would make the coolest megas because they are so forgotten about/rarely used. No idea if they would even be considered good when you have already OP pokemon like Blaziken and Gengar get megas.

Edit: Cool, i got one of them right. Mega Sableye

I was excited when I found out that the rest of the Hoenn starters would also be getting a Mega form and I love Jukain's new form. That being said, I absolutely disliked Laglarge’s form (with the respect to others). I was heavily disappointed with the design. I would’ve preferred him to be more thinner, nimble and perhaps swapping out his Ground typing for something else that might provide assistance. I suppose it hit me harder as I was never really crazy with his regular design thus I hoped, if it ever received a Mega form, that it would look almost or at least as epic as Jukain’s.

Well, now that Sableye has one, I think these Pokémon can get a Mega Evo too:

Mega Golem
Mega Machamp
Mega Milotic
Mega Gallade
Mega Dusknoir
Mega Salamence

Since there are so many new Mega Evolutions, I think a lot of the ME's in XY will be XY exclusive, like Aerodactylite, Mewtwonites and Abomasite.

xayshade said:
Looks like the mega doubters completely dropped the ball on this one

Or the giant gem stone!

Oh I'm so excited by the new mega's!!! The only pokemon right now I'm willing to bet money on that could get Mega's are Zangoose, Seviper and Milotic. I actually really hope that Zangoose and Seviper do get one, because so far we only have one normal type mega and we don't have any mega's with poison as their primary type, and with fairy pokemon out now, a poison type mega could be awesome. If they do get Mega's, I hope they only get stat boosts and don't get any type add on's. Maybe Seviper could get an ability like Toxinate or something similar to pixelate. I don't think Zangoose will get any super new ability, since it's abilities were also supposed to juxtapose with Seviper.

And I need another Ice Mega, come on Jynx!

Teal said:
In your faces, deniers. :D

Mega Sceptile GRASS/DRAGONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!
Mega Diancie is the best mega. Ultimate Madoka mode!

I was thinking more like Neo Serenity, because of her butterfly dress wings and all. But I agree, She's best mega, Be still my heart.

Though, since I haven't noticed anyone point it out, she's the first g6 mega. Maybe hints at more g6 megas yet o be reveled?

Also, I'm still waiting for my mega Flygon. I'm going to be sad if it doesn't happen for a whole 5 minutes. TrollFreak, make it happen.

Mitja said:
Mega Sableye (although I feel like this one won't happen regardless of everyone expecting it lol)

What was that, you were sayin'? =p

Personally, I want a lot of the unappreciated Hoenn Pokémon to get Megas which do them justice. I know Hoenn and Kanto are tied for the most Megas but it just seems right to introduce mainly Hoenn Megas in a Gen 3 remake. That said, I do also want some other Gens (especially Gen 5) to get more Megas too.

Here's my list of pokemon that should/I would like to get megas

-Walrein
-Gallade
-Altaria
-Milotic
-Flygon and finally,
-Torkoal

All of these pokemon have really cool designs which could be advanced even further. Additionally, none are amazing competitively and deserve a bit of love. And gallade got ripped off of a mega evolution when gardevoir got one.

So, Steven Stone is researching Mega-evo. and there's already M.Aggron but has anyone noticed, looking at the official's site artwork, that his jacket's left lapel has some sort of mega stone lika a lapel pin?
Also, Roxanne's gym seems like a museum now, with its back wall featuring an Armaldo and Cradily I think, so perhaps, M.Cradily and M.Armaldo besides M.Metagross!?

Leaf_Ranger said:
So, Steven Stone is researching Mega-evo. and there's already M.Aggron but has anyone noticed, looking at the official's site artwork, that his jacket's left lapel has some sort of mega stone lika a lapel pin?
Also, Roxanne's gym seems like a museum now, with its back wall featuring an Armaldo and Cradily I think, so perhaps, M.Cradily and M.Armaldo besides M.Metagross!?

Where did you see the pic of Roxanne's Gym?! I can't see one (are you sure you didn't mistake it for the Oceanic Museum, or did it have distinct Gym features?)
Scrap that, just found the pics. Could be a nod towards Mega Fossils (maybe Roxanne uses one in a rematch? Omega Ruby = Mega Armaldo and Alpha Sapphire = Mega Cradily?), but then again it may not have any relevance and they're just there for decoration.

Considering Maxie and Archie both have Mega Stones (Maxie on his glasses, Archie on his anchor), does that mean we have Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo imminent? (unless they screw us over and give them Mega Houdoom/Gyarados)

Back