ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

His Goominess said:
Skyleaf2000 said:
I want more Megas so much. ._.
In no particular order:

1. Flygon
YES. SO MUCH YES.
NEW ABILITY: DRY SKIN. SO MUCH YES.

2. Swellow
Higher Physical Attack and Defense. I don't know what else to say for him. :(

3.Ludicolo
His Ability could be Tangled Feet, and his Physical attack would skyrocket. :)

4. Seviper
It would be nice to see him get the Poison Touch ability, rather than just Shed Skin. -_-
It would be so cool if his Typing became Poison-Dark!!!

5. Breloom
This guy needs more love.
His ability could be Justified, and his typing could be Grass-Psychic to try to bribe people into hitting him with Dark moves.

6. Zangoose
Needs a Fighting Typing. Now.
Ability: Tough Claws.

Maybe I'll add more later.

I can't see Breloom -the /Fighting type who uses punches to attack- trading its Fighting type for anything, particularly Psychic. Justified could be an ability for it, but I can't help but think it would much prefer to keep Poison Heal or Technician.

Considering what happened with Lopunny, I think it would be much more realistic that Mega Zangoose would be Normal/Fighting.

Aside from that, your ideas sound good.

Thanks! That's what I meant about Zangoose.
Yeah, you're right about Breloom. Maybe his ability could be Inner Focus?

Since Breloom uses Mach Punch I think Technician is more useful for it. Poison Heal can also be used to prevent other status conditions and heal HP every turn. Another ability I could soo working for it if it gets a mega evolution is Tough Claws. The claws might become some tough wood material. This will still boost his Mach Punch, but also his stronger Fighting-type moves.

I know it's a stretch, but I am praying for Mega Tyrantrum. A boost in Attack and Speed would be amazing, and the ability Rock Head, so he could utilize Head Smash and be amazing and awesome.

Mega Armaldo and Mega Cradily would be a nice touch too.

Hey, where'd my Tropius comment go? It wasn't just the name, so it wasn't spamming... :(

Anyways, now with Mega Glalie, we need Mega Froslass.
Type: Ice/Ghost
New Ability: either Justified or Wonder Guard.
Phys. Attack goes way up!!

And also:
Mega Milotic
Type: Water/Psychic (I know it will probably be Water/Fairy but sdajkdjsalkd I want Psychic.)
Ability: Water Absorb, Regenerator, or Pixilate. Or maybe Magician.
Special Attach+ Defense go up. Speed goes down.

And here was my Tropius:
Mega Tropius
Type: Grass/Dragon
Ability: No Guard? Or maybe Flower Gift!!
Defense+ Phys. Attach go up. Special Defense goes down.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Skyleaf2000 said:
Hey, where'd my Tropius comment go? It wasn't just the name, so it wasn't spamming... :(

Anyways, now with Mega Glalie, we need Mega Froslass.
Type: Ice/Ghost
New Ability: either Justified or Wonder Guard.
Phys. Attack goes way up!!

And also:
Mega Milotic
Type: Water/Psychic (I know it will probably be Water/Fairy but sdajkdjsalkd I want Psychic.)
Ability: Water Absorb, Regenerator, or Pixilate. Or maybe Magician.
Special Attach+ Defense go up. Speed goes down.

And here was my Tropius:
Mega Tropius
Type: Grass/Dragon
Ability: No Guard? Or maybe Flower Gift!!
Defense+ Phys. Attach go up. Special Defense goes down.

Froslass: Its defences aren't that good already, so giving it an ability which only activates if its hit by a type its weak against is probably a bad idea. Wonder Guard is probably not gonna be on anything except Shedinja. I could see it getting Refrigerate to mirror Glalie (although that would be bleh)... maybe it could get a Ghost variation instead? Considering its movepool, I'd much rather see it getting increased sp.a

Milotic: Magician is totally wasted on it, as it only works when the Pokemon (with the ability) doesn't have a held item. Since it would need its Mega Stone to evolve, it wouldn't be able to steal the opponents item, rendering the ability useless. I can't see it getting Pixilate without becoming /Fairy. Water Absorb and Regenerator are probably the most likely abilities of the ones you posted, but I think it might be fun if it got Multiscale. (or they might just troll us and it keeps Marvel Scale idk)

Tropius: No Guard + lowered sp.d + Grass/Dragon = blizzard kills it every time
It does also mean we get 2 Grass/Dragons not only in the same gen, but in the same game... I'd rather Tropius stays Grass/Flying.

I'm hoping for a Mega Rapidash.
Typing would become Fire/Flying, as it gains wings upon mega evolution. Ability would remain Flash Fire, and get an increase in speed and defense, but a lowered attack.
Sounds good?

What about Mega Gorebyss and Mega Huntail? I could see these Pokemon easily getting Mega evolutions. I know they are rarely used but if they had a mega evolution they might be used a lot more often XD.:)

I'm really hoping for mega flygon.

It would be interesting to see how the design would look and how they would even change him strategy wise.. seeing he now gets boomburst and bug buzz in the demo's code (vibrava learns boomburst at lv. 41 now), I'd like to see him get a special attack boost and maybe a normal type->bug type ability. I personally think his ground EQ STAB is a little too vital for him but he might be able to live without.. fire blast would be good I guess if he's more torwards the special side for steels.

Other megas I look forward too would be ones like ariados, parasect, kingler, volcarona, serperior, clawitzer, aegislash (srsly tho o_o), drapion, porygon-z, scolipede and I'll stop there for now.. ;) of course not in oras.. I'd rather see them focus on gen 3 megas.

I'm really hoping they reveal a Mega Hydreigon, or actually, I don't care if it's revealed or not, just as long as it's in ORAS! :p Some of my favorite Pokémon have already recieved mega evolutions, and I couldn't be happier. But if they were to make a Mega Hydreigon, I'd die from excitement! But, I don't know if a Mega would be better or worse for it. I couldn't see it losing it's typing, nor it's ability.... But a Mega Hydreigon would be sick none the less!

Also hoping for a Mega Flygon!!

I think it's safe to say butterfree has a potential mega evolution coming up soon if beedrill is any indication, however I'm really stumped how mega butterfree would even work out..

Hp: 60
Atk: 45
Def: 50
SpA: 90
SpD: 80
Spe: 70
Atk: 15 (-30)
Def: 60 (+10)
SpA: 150 (+60)
SpD: 100 (+20)
Spe: 110 (+40)

Type change: Bug/Flying->Bug
Ability: Compoundeyes/Tinted Lens->Tinted Lens/Adaptabiliy

I can see this slightly working out.. Tinted lens is a really good ability on venomoth making it possibly the best quiver dancer.. giving it to a pokemon with the same moves and much better stats all around would be scary. Adaptability would give it's bug buzzes some very strong power but besides that it's not as useful.

The reason why I didn't just give it the same stat boost in speed and SpA as beedrill is because butterfree has quiver dance to make those even scarier than beedrill ever could. Type changing to pure bug lessens it's weaknesses for easier setup on pokemon like jolteon in the lower tiers and ice types, along with slightly boosted defenses. Having compoundeyes prior to mega can help abuse that sleep powder giving butterfree a safe mega evolution without protect unlike beedrill and even get off a quiver dance.

I'm really interested to see what they come up with if both bugs get megas.. it would seem odd if butterfree didn't.

[split] New Mega Pokémon in OR/AS

it's about time that Pikachu/Raichu are given a mega. For a mascot of the series, he surely has some of the worst stats in the game.

@MegaBeedrill: I think the stats are alright but I think a fitting option for Mega Butterfree in terms of type would be Bug/Psychic, unique type combo, not 4x weak to SR, although it would get one more weakness... Still, I think it would be interesting...

btw, I think many theorize there could be gen 6 starters Megas in Z/XY2/wtv... I've been imagining how to improve Delphox with a Mega for some time:
Type would be the same.
Stats: 75 - 69 - 82 - 164 - 120 - 124 (the boosts in the defenses could be alternated, meaning a higher boost to defense instead of sp.def but sp.def suits it better)
And the best part:
Ability: Magic Guard - It makes perfect sense on Delphox so I would be admired if they didn't give it this ability...

Here are my expectations based on opponents in oras mega/primal trailers, a counterpart, and a how the e4 each seem to be getting their own mega. These stat guesses will probably be far off considering the serious minmaxing we've seen as of late.

I thought for sure Shiftry, Dusknoir, maybe Flygonm and less maybe Walrein would be secrets until you fight the elite four, but the demo data shows they only have Megas in the rematches and they're boring stuff like Absol. Plus Aarune's Flygon seems to always have a Normal Gem. I could see this being being leftover from an earlier version of the game. I have no doubt that they're keeping some Megas secret and Shiftry will be one of them seeing as how it's been shown as an opponent in like 4 trailers now, so this could be changed now. I think GF made sure to remove unannounced Megas and left the new Hoopa forme in either because it could cause coding/bug complications, by mistake, intentionally to mess with data-miners, or because the earlier version of the game had it included, but not the other megas.

1. Shiftry: I don't really know what it would look like besides more detailed and menacing. Prankster seems like a reasonable new ability. Maybe they'll give it Contrary and just not release Serperior's DW ability to be dicks. Stats I'd guess will be 90/130/70/120/70/100.

2. Dusknoir: I'm hoping for Ghost/Fighting and Iron Fist. It seems reasonable enough of an expectation because of the punching moves it gets. It would probably look more like a regal ghoulish vampire lord with a more prominent and menacing stomach mouth and hands/fists. Something like 45/140/155/85/155/45, although I'd like for less SpA gained and some Speed lost to be put into its defenses. It should get more Fighting moves like Hammer Arm and Focus Punch

4. Flygon: I'd like for it to keep Ground/Dragon, but Bug/Dragon seems possible. It will probably keep the same typing and Levitate, but some sand or bug related ability could happen like Sand Rush/Stream/Force, Compound Eyes, or Tinted Lens. Adding 20 points to each stat besides HP seems reasonable, but I'd like for more to be invested in Attack and Speed. No current ORAS Megas have had a new ability, but with Vibrava now getting Bug Buzz and Boomburst a Bug-late ability could be feasible with a Bug/Dragon type. I have my doubts about anything other than legendaries getting brand new abilities, though.

5. Milotic: It seems like a great Water/Fairy. It would probably look majestic as hell. I'd love Serene Grace to abuse a 60% burn chance Scald. Multiscale would be cool, too, but I doubt it would lose Marvel Scale. I'm thinking 95/75/99/125/145/101.

6. Torkoal: I could see it gaining a Steel type and having a metal shell that resembles a more advanced engine/boiler/heater/furnace/whatever. I could see it gaining a rock type and having a more volcanic shell, perhaps looking like an alligator snapping turtle, but I feel this would be too similar to Mega Camperupt. Fire/Water would be pretty cool as it would fit the turtle/tortoise part and the boiler/furnace aspects going on with its shell. I highly doubt it would lose White Smoke. I'm expecting something like 70/110/165/110/95/20.

7. Slowking: Basically I expect it to look like Mega Slowbro, but with the shell forming more of a helmet and body armor. It would probably be dopey and topheavy looking, or maybe more kingly with the shell becoming a more ornate crown and the design including more of the frill on its neck. The stats will probably be Mega Slowbro's, but with Def and SpDef swapped like their regular forms, so 95/75/80/130/180/30.

8. Ludicolo: I don't really know what it would look like besides bigger and more detailed. Maybe more blatantly Mexican looking with a lily-pad sombrero and more decorated poncho. I guess it would keep Rain Dish as that would fit the sombrero and used to be the Lotad line's signature ability. Swampert seems to have the mega swift swim down, so I think that's fair enough. Stats I guess would be 80/90/90/110/120/90, or maybe with more focus on Spa and Spdef than the other stats.

9. Butterfree: I feel this is a safe assumption since M-Gallade exists and Slowking/Ludicolo were featured in trailers and thus will probably get a mega, so Beedrill's counterpart would, too. I hope it gets Bug/Fairy, but Bug/Flying seems more likely. Bug/Psychic would be cool, too. Tinted Lens would be nice as it would help the low BST like Adaptability does to Beedrill. I expect it to have more fancy and ornate wings, but that's about all I can think of. Stats I guess could be 60/55/65/115/110/100. It would probably work as a Venomoth on steroids and would probably be the second best Quiver Dancer (behind Volcarona). It could get its attack lowered, but I don't think it'll be quite as severe as Beedrill due to Quiver Dance.

10. Froslass: With Gallade confirmed and Slowking/Ludicolo hinted at in trailers, I figure this is possible, too. Really I can't think of what they'd do to it besides make it bigger and more detailed with a longer kimono and maybe fiercer looking horns. Maybe they'll give it hair. They could give it Refrigerate, but that would be lame considering Glailie got that and it seems kind of unfair to repeat Froslass>Glailie at everything with their Mega forms as well as regular. It'll probably keep one of its current abilities or maybe gain something like Ice Body. I'm thinking 70/90/70/120/80/150

11. Slaking: I wonder if it'll keep Truant, or gain Slow Start to try to balance the 770 bst. I expect to it be either much more muscular, or maybe morbidly obese. It'll probably stay the same or gain a secondary Fighting type. Maybe it'll just be regular Slaking with a different ability. If it does gain the usual 100, I expect it to be something like 150/180/130/110/90/110

12. Walrein: I'd be surprised if it changed typing. I guess it would look more fearsome and have more hair. Maybe they'll include elements of an elephant seal or literal sea lion. It could maybe gain elements of one or more of a pig/canine/feline/sea serpent/mermaid. I feel Thick Fat is the most likely ability. Stats I guess would add 20 to each stat, except maybe Speed which could be lowered.

14. Rhyperior: I guess it would have more of the orange plate things, a bigger drill, possibly more drills, and/or with the tail to look more like a wrecking ball, possibly with spikes on it. It'll probably keep Solid Rock. For the typing I expect the same, Rock/Fighting, Rock/Steel, or Rock/Dragon. Stats I guess would be something like 115/170/160/65/75/50

15. Hariyama: iirc, the old guy you fight in the demo has the Hoenn starters and then a Hariyama, so it could be a hint at it getting a Mega. I'd like it to become Fighting/Steel and gain some samurai armor, but it'll probably just stay Fighting and get more detailed and fatter. It'll probably keep one of its current abilities, but I'd love to see something get Contrary+Hammer Arm and/or Close Combat. Stats I guess would be 144/160/90/40/90/50

Cinesra said:
Here are my expectations based on opponents in oras mega/primal trailers, a counterpart, and a how the e4 each seem to be getting their own mega. These stat guesses will probably be far off considering the serious minmaxing we've seen as of late.

I thought for sure Shiftry, Dusknoir, maybe Flygonm and less maybe Walrein would be secrets until you fight the elite four, but the demo data shows they only have Megas in the rematches and they're boring stuff like Absol. Plus Aarune's Flygon seems to always have a Normal Gem. I could see this being being leftover from an earlier version of the game. I have no doubt that they're keeping some Megas secret and Shiftry will be one of them seeing as how it's been shown as an opponent in like 4 trailers now, so this could be changed now. I think GF made sure to remove unannounced Megas and left the new Hoopa forme in either because it could cause coding/bug complications, by mistake, intentionally to mess with data-miners, or because the earlier version of the game had it included, but not the other megas.

1. Shiftry: I don't really know what it would look like besides more detailed and menacing. Prankster seems like a reasonable new ability. Maybe they'll give it Contrary and just not release Serperior's DW ability to be dicks. Stats I'd guess will be 90/130/70/120/70/100.

2. Dusknoir: I'm hoping for Ghost/Fighting and Iron Fist. It seems reasonable enough of an expectation because of the punching moves it gets. It would probably look more like a regal ghoulish vampire lord with a more prominent and menacing stomach mouth and hands/fists. Something like 45/140/155/85/155/45, although I'd like for less SpA gained and some Speed lost to be put into its defenses. It should get more Fighting moves like Hammer Arm and Focus Punch

4. Flygon: I'd like for it to keep Ground/Dragon, but Bug/Dragon seems possible. It will probably keep the same typing and Levitate, but some sand or bug related ability could happen like Sand Rush/Stream/Force, Compound Eyes, or Tinted Lens. Adding 20 points to each stat besides HP seems reasonable, but I'd like for more to be invested in Attack and Speed. No current ORAS Megas have had a new ability, but with Vibrava now getting Bug Buzz and Boomburst a Bug-late ability could be feasible with a Bug/Dragon type. I have my doubts about anything other than legendaries getting brand new abilities, though.

5. Milotic: It seems like a great Water/Fairy. It would probably look majestic as hell. I'd love Serene Grace to abuse a 60% burn chance Scald. Multiscale would be cool, too, but I doubt it would lose Marvel Scale. I'm thinking 95/75/99/125/145/101.

6. Torkoal: I could see it gaining a Steel type and having a metal shell that resembles a more advanced engine/boiler/heater/furnace/whatever. I could see it gaining a rock type and having a more volcanic shell, perhaps looking like an alligator snapping turtle, but I feel this would be too similar to Mega Camperupt. Fire/Water would be pretty cool as it would fit the turtle/tortoise part and the boiler/furnace aspects going on with its shell. I highly doubt it would lose White Smoke. I'm expecting something like 70/110/165/110/95/20.

7. Slowking: Basically I expect it to look like Mega Slowbro, but with the shell forming more of a helmet and body armor. It would probably be dopey and topheavy looking, or maybe more kingly with the shell becoming a more ornate crown and the design including more of the frill on its neck. The stats will probably be Mega Slowbro's, but with Def and SpDef swapped like their regular forms, so 95/75/80/130/180/30.

8. Ludicolo: I don't really know what it would look like besides bigger and more detailed. Maybe more blatantly Mexican looking with a lily-pad sombrero and more decorated poncho. I guess it would keep Rain Dish as that would fit the sombrero and used to be the Lotad line's signature ability. Swampert seems to have the mega swift swim down, so I think that's fair enough. Stats I guess would be 80/90/90/110/120/90, or maybe with more focus on Spa and Spdef than the other stats.

9. Butterfree: I feel this is a safe assumption since M-Gallade exists and Slowking/Ludicolo were featured in trailers and thus will probably get a mega, so Beedrill's counterpart would, too. I hope it gets Bug/Fairy, but Bug/Flying somes more likely. Bug/Psychic would be cool, too. Tinted Lens would be nice as it would help the low BST like Adaptability does to Beedrill. I expect it to have more fancy and ornate wings, but that's about all I can think of. Stats I guess could be 60/55/65/115/110/100. It would probably work as a Venomoth on steroids and would probably be the second best Quiver Dancer (behind Volcarona). It could get its attack lowered, but I don't think it'll be quite as severe as Beedrill due to Quiver Dance.

10. Froslass: With Gallade confirmed and Slowking/Ludicolo hinted at in trailers, I figure this is possible, too. Really I can't think of what they'd do to it besides make it bigger and more detailed with a longer kimono and maybe fiercer looking horns. Maybe they'll give it hair. They could give it Refrigerate, but that would be lame considering Glailie got that and it seems kind of unfair to repeat Froslass>Glailie at everything with their Mega forms as well as regular. It'll probably keep one of its current abilities or maybe gain something like Ice Body. I'm thinking 70/90/70/120/80/150

11. Slaking: I wonder if it'll keep Truant, or gain Slow Start to try to balance the 770 bst. I expect to it be either much more muscular, or maybe morbidly obese. It'll probably stay the same or gain a secondary Fighting type. Maybe it'll just be regular Slaking with a different ability. If it does gain the usual 100, I expect it to be something like 150/180/130/110/90/110

12. Walrein: I'd be surprised if it changed typing. I guess it would look more fearsome and have more hair. Maybe they'll include elements of an elephant seal or literal sea lion. It gain elements of one or more of a pig/canine/feline/sea serpent/mermaid. I feel Thick Fat is the most likely ability. Stats I guess would add 20 to each stat, except maybe Speed which could be lowered.

14. Rhyperior: I guess it would have more of the orange plate things, a bigger drill, possibly more drills, and/or with the tail to look more like a wrecking ball, possibly with spikes on it. It'll probably keep Solid Rock. For the typing I expect the same, Rock/Fighting, Rock/Steel, or Rock/Dragon. Stats I guess would be something like 115/170/160/65/75/50

15. Hariyama: iirc, the old guy you fight in the demo has the Hoenn starters and then a Hariyama, so it could be a hint at it getting a Mega. I'd like it to become Fighting/Steel and gain some samurai armor, but it'll probably just stay Fighting and get more detailed and fatter. It'll probably keep one of its current abilities, but I'd love to see something get Contrary+Hammer Arm and/or Close Combat. Stats I guess would be 144/160/90/40/90/50

-dusknoir and walrein...if they really existed, I can't see them not giving those to the E4.

-slowkings stats. gallade just showed that they likely wouldnt go the "swapped stats" route, and Id assume they'd make Slowking more unique rather than the same overkill simply focused on sp.def.

Good point about Slowking. I guess they'd go with a more balanced stat spread. Maybe something like 95/95/90/120/160/30

I'd like to see them do a Mega Victini...perhaps V's on its arms and the one on its head is on fire? It would still be Fire/Psychic but have higher Special Attack and Speed.

Ok, so a new thing has popped up which could potentially be a hint to Mega Flygon, Hariyama and Milotic.

http://prntscr.com/530elg

All other Pokemon on that poster have either got/their final stages have got a Mega Evolution (with the exception of Pikachu who is slapped on every promotional thing)... but not those 3.
Hariyama was also quite prominent in the demo, which could be a nod towards it receiving a Mega.

Thoughts?

(picture comes from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNnFONF3gE)

His Goominess said:
Ok, so a new thing has popped up which could potentially be a hint to Mega Flygon, Hariyama and Milotic.

http://prntscr.com/530elg

All other Pokemon on that poster have either got/their final stages have got a Mega Evolution (with the exception of Pikachu who is slapped on every promotional thing)... but not those 3.
Hariyama was also quite prominent in the demo, which could be a nod towards it receiving a Mega.

Thoughts?

(picture comes from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNnFONF3gE)

I think this is going to be true even if the poster is a fake I can't see any other options for new gen3 mega. Somebody needs to make a thread about the history of true hints Pokemon left us in the history.. Mitja ? :)

That is not a poster, that is actually from the UK trailer ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNnFONF3gE it appears at 2:30

MegaBeedrill said:
That is not a poster, that is actually from the UK trailer ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNnFONF3gE it appears at 2:30

Oh lol sorry . Well if its in a video I guess it raises the chances of that to be true. Actually, Mega Milotic and Mega Flygon are such an obvious megas that I am not surprised that they kept them from being revealed by now and to show them only during gameplay ( unless they will revel them right before the release, or unless this is all false and we will all fall to a deep sadness) in order to surprise the fans.
The fact that Pikachu is there and that it is one of the Pokemon to get stat boost in gen6 really makes me wonder about mega or different stats when it becomes smart cool tough etc..

Back