TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: ABSOLute Disaster! 8/2/12

Nekoban Ryo said:
Thanks! :D

---

UPDATE: I think it's my best fake yet! *sparkly eyes*

one_of_the_best_fake_cards_i__ve_ever_made_by_karite_kita_neko-d59m9is.png

Okay, jokes aside, here's my most recent fake. I started on it right after I got out of bed and spent several hours on it. It's basically a remake of ex Power Keeper's Absol ex, but uses BW's terminology.

orica__absol_ex__digital_version__by_karite_kita_neko-d59lzv8.png

...and the printed version:
orica__absol_ex_by_karite_kita_neko-d59ll81.jpg

This is my first fake to use 2 different "real" holo effects, a refractor foil and a firework-y holo film.

In case you're wondering why the EX stuff isn't gold, it's because my printer is lowest on yellow ink, so I make it silver instead. If I had left it gold, it would have been greyish-pink with lines running through it.

I'm pretty pleased with it.

EPIC!!!!!

And that Voltorb Blows Me away, it Looks So Perfect. How did you make it? i want it on a Real Card, it is that Epic. Hehehe Little Joke Card im Guessing? Hehehe

Wuv the Absol tho!

Nekoban Ryo said:
Thank you! I think I've improved a lot over the past year or so, especially with my printed fakes. :)

I'm glad you like it! :D

Yeah, you can use it. I don't mind.

Thanks so much!
Should I give credit in my signature?

Pikachu! said:
EPIC!!!!!

And that Voltorb Blows Me away, it Looks So Perfect. How did you make it? i want it on a Real Card, it is that Epic. Hehehe Little Joke Card im Guessing? Hehehe

Wuv the Absol tho!

I know, right. I was amazed that I could make such a thing. :p

It does seem to be pretty popular. It's probably the most detailed fake I've ever done. Chances of seeing more cards like this from me? Unfortunately, it's pretty slim.

9Tailz said:
Thanks so much!
Should I give credit in my signature?

You're welcome. ^^

If anyone happens to ask who made it, then you can tell them I did. You needn't put credit in your signature or anything. Same goes for any of my other PokéArt.

Nekoban Ryo said:

I know, right. I was amazed that I could make such a thing. :p

It does seem to be pretty popular. It's probably the most detailed fake I've ever done. Chances of seeing more cards like this from me? Unfortunately, it's pretty slim.

You're welcome. ^^

If anyone happens to ask who made it, then you can tell them I did. You needn't put credit in your signature or anything. Same goes for any of my other PokéArt.

^u^

anime title ftw

Absol looks pretty sweet. May I ask what the set number stands for?

Charganium the Bold said:
anime title ftw

Absol looks pretty sweet. May I ask what the set number stands for?

Thanks. :D

OR stands for ORICA and 359 is Absol's National Pokédex number.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Collabs, Mirages, & Failed Clones! 9/2/12

UPDATE: Haven't updated here in a whole month...

First up is a spoof card, an Ooyama-style collaboration between me and pikachupokemon123, known as Pikachu! here at the PokéBeach forums.
ooyama_style_card_collab_with_pikachupokemon123_by_karite_kita_neko-d5bt8dz.png

Next is a somewhat failed attempt to make a Mew card. I was wanting to make a card so bad, but I didn't have any pics to use (as I prefer using my own artwork), so I threw together a quick illustration in Illustrator and used it for this fake. I wanted to print it to test out some foil sheets a friend gave me, but because I still haven't replaced my ink cartridge, it spits out weird colors. Like my Absol, I added a plasma layer to purposely give the card weird colors so the printed result wouldn't be as bad. It still didn't come out very well, though. Good news for whenever I do get more ink, though: the foil my friend gave me works just fine. They gave me a whole lot, too! I think there's about 20 sheets and each sheet has enough to do at least 48 cards. The only trouble is mounting it.
light_mew_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d5dfyfp.png

Speaking of failed attempts and Mew, some people say that Ditto are failed attempts to clone it!
rocket__s_ditto_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d5dhebf.png

^Honestly, out of the 4 cards there, i prefer the Dunsparce&Pikachu :)
It looks like a beginner style, but very professional at the same time... I like cards with a twist.

And hey, can I pm you about some of my questions on Illustrator? I am having quite a hard time using it. Thx!

Do you make those absols into actual cards? How could i get my hands on one of those?

Zeto said:
^Honestly, out of the 4 cards there, i prefer the Dunsparce&Pikachu :)
It looks like a beginner style, but very professional at the same time... I like cards with a twist.

And hey, can I pm you about some of my questions on Illustrator? I am having quite a hard time using it. Thx!

Sorry for the late reply!

I really enjoy spoof cards. I would make more, but the main reason I make fakes is to showcase my artwork and most of my spoof art isn't really worth showcasing.

If you still have questions about Illustrator, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to help!

exdarkrai01 said:
Do you make those absols into actual cards? How could i get my hands on one of those?

So far I've only made 1, but I could make more. However, it's not a very cheap process. It's illegal to sell them, too. There may be a way around this, however. I'll send you a PM about it.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Silkmoth Dragonfly 10/13/12

UPDATE: New card of one of my fan-made Pokémon, Liftbelle!

liftbellecardnew_starsfoil.png

I really don't know why I made it Japanese. It's a remake of a fake I made around 6 years ago. The illustration even uses the same line art. Since then, however, I decided to do away with the line's Stage 1 Federwanze (mostly because the name and design sucked), so Wanzer evolves directly into Liftbelle now. Also, with the reveal of Dragon type, I changed the card's weakness from Colorless to Dragon. The original version, which also serves as a translation, can be found here.

I've also made 2 other versions of this card, a matrix/glitter foil version and a non-holo version. [link]

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Silkmoth Dragonfly 10/13/12

Your fakes are sooo goood!!! I love Absol and your card makes me love it even more:D

Nekoban Ryo said:
UPDATE: Haven't updated here in a whole month...

First up is a spoof card, an Ooyama-style collaboration between me and pikachupokemon123, known as Pikachu! here at the PokéBeach forums.
ooyama_style_card_collab_with_pikachupokemon123_by_karite_kita_neko-d5bt8dz.png

Next is a somewhat failed attempt to make a Mew card. I was wanting to make a card so bad, but I didn't have any pics to use (as I prefer using my own artwork), so I threw together a quick illustration in Illustrator and used it for this fake. I wanted to print it to test out some foil sheets a friend gave me, but because I still haven't replaced my ink cartridge, it spits out weird colors. Like my Absol, I added a plasma layer to purposely give the card weird colors so the printed result wouldn't be as bad. It still didn't come out very well, though. Good news for whenever I do get more ink, though: the foil my friend gave me works just fine. They gave me a whole lot, too! I think there's about 20 sheets and each sheet has enough to do at least 48 cards. The only trouble is mounting it.
light_mew_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d5dfyfp.png

Speaking of failed attempts and Mew, some people say that Ditto are failed attempts to clone it!
rocket__s_ditto_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d5dhebf.png

I dont know how old this post is lol i havent been on in forever, but i still love those cards!

Grumpigfarmer said:
Your fakes are sooo goood!!! I love Absol and your card makes me love it even more:D

Thanks! I'm glad you like them. A lot of people seem to like that Absol. Of course, it's my most detailed fake so far. I need to make some more like that.

Pikachu! said:
I dont know how old this post is lol i havent been on in forever, but i still love those cards!

It's been a while (almost 2 months, methinks). Glad to hear from you again!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy them. ^^

---

UPDATE: No new cards, but here's another video of some fakes I've printed since my last video:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11yJJT4BGhg&feature=plcp[/video]
I illustrated all of the Pokémon ORICAS myself. I only illustrated the first two Yu-Gi-Oh! ORICAS (Earthbound Immortal Grippa & Dark Magician Girl). The others use official artwork. I made the template for the anime-style Blue Eyes White Dragon, which can be downloaded here as a PSD: http://karite-kita-neko.deviantart.com/art/Classic-Japanese-YGO-Templates-333616439 (see description for other supplies, including a font and placement guide).

RE: Neko's Random Cards: ACE SPEC! 2/6/13

I've been making faking supplies, but I haven't been making fakes!
Here's something I just put together, a test-run of my ACE SPEC blank (now available in the resources thread)...

481615_10200656867853255_588912877_n_zpsf673496d.jpg

How do you print them like that, to look transparent so you can add them onto holo?

Man, thank you for this blank, I have been wanting this for ages.

Arcticwhite said:
How do you print them like that, to look transparent so you can add them onto holo?

I print them on transparency film, then attach them to a foil sheet with clear spray adhesive. Transparency film is pretty pricy, though (usually $40+ per pack). If you're thinking about getting some, be sure to make sure that it's a type that will work with your printer, else you're wasting money.

I was doing some research a few days ago and it seems that you can get holographic paper that works in your printer. It's significantly cheaper and would cut down the steps, but only includes about 5 sheets per pack.

PMJ said:
Man, thank you for this blank, I have been wanting this for ages.

You're welcome! I'm honestly surprised that no one had already made one.

And with that we wait for Asche to do the Plasma blanks...or we could make 'em ourselves

Blui129 said:
And with that we wait for Asche to do the Plasma blanks...or we could make 'em ourselves

I have such huge backlog with blanks its insane lol ....

Nick (the god father of card faking) did say this'd happen to me though tbh, I need to save and upload the remainder BW ones (EX's and Stage 1/2's) first. Then make the plasma basic's etc, which hopefully shouldn't be too hard as I used recolours for rocket, turned out well :)

Back