NBA Discussion Thread

RE: The Official NBA Discussion Thread

Nice, Scola is a good upgrade from Psycho T. The Pacers have really been good this offseason improving their bench by getting C.J. Watson, Copeland, and now Scola. Now let's see what they do with Granger.

Derrick Rose says Derrick Rose is the best player in the NBA. Remember that time he said he wanted to be MVP and won the award? I do. Clearly anything cocky Rose says is actually truth.

Well, anything except "I will return" can be accepted as truth.

Bucks are going to trade Brandon Jennings to the Pistons for Brandon Knight, Slava Kravtsov, Khris Middleton. Shot selection is going to be terrible for this Pistons team. Jennings is too inconstant and inefficient a shooter, while Smith chunks too many shots outside his range. Still, it's a great upgrade from Knight I guess!

I think Bucks are finally going to suck this year instead of filling up the middle of the rankings like always. Good trade for the Bucks in that regard.

Bucks can finally start tanking seasons lol. The Pistons have a good roster on paper, hopefully the chemistry and teamwork can pull through.

Pistons = team full of shot-chuckers. They'll be an inconsistent team and will play ugly basketball at times, but they'll still be decent enough to earn a 6th-7th seed in the East.

Greg Oden to sign with the Heat.

That's the right move for him since he'll get less playing time than he would elsewhere, but damn that's a cheap way to get a ring.

unsheathed said:
Greg Oden to sign with the Heat.

That's the right move for him since he'll get less playing time than he would elsewhere, but damn that's a cheap way to get a ring.

I can agree with that. Oden will probably get a ring before Durant does when Durant is and will always be the better player from the 2007 NBA Draft.

Shabazz Muhammad's career so far:
- lies about his age
- has draft value drop
- shows up late to the draft
- has a bad summer league performance (lol)
- gets booted from the rookie program for inviting a woman to his hotel

His career looks promising so far.

unsheathed said:
Shabazz Muhammad's career so far:
- lies about his age
- has draft value drop
- shows up late to the draft
- has a bad summer league performance (lol)
- gets booted from the rookie program for inviting a woman to his hotel

His career looks promising so far.

I don't see what Minnesota wanted in him. They could've had a more promising rook with superstar potential in Trey Burke, or the potential hidden in CJ McCollum.

But, they give Burke to Utah and McCollum is in Portland.

Strike 1, Strike 2 and-a Strike 3.

Portland has been getting some gems these past two years. Lilliard is great, and McCollum is looking like a steal based on summer league performance.

I am a huge Oden fan, and have had the pleasure of playing basketball with him IRL. But I would kind of be upset if he ends up being a superstar for Miami xD

Jay said:
I am a huge Oden fan, and have had the pleasure of playing basketball with him IRL.

Your story isn't legit if it doesn't end in "... and then his knees blew out."

Jay said:
I am a huge Oden fan, and have had the pleasure of playing basketball with him IRL. But I would kind of be upset if he ends up being a superstar for Miami xD

If he knees would be healthy, he still has the potential to be a really good player, just not "superstar" potential anymore.

Oden can be a serviceable player still, if he can stay healthy.

... Chris Paul's agenda as new NBPA president:
  • Preparing to fight any league proposal for HGH testing
  • Eliminating flopping fines
  • Forbidding any dress code additions/changes
If this isn't just a huge hoax like I hope it is, all of my respect for Chris Paul has been lost.

Bump of massive proportions. CCloud is looking to run a fantasy basketball league, head-to-head, 8-10 teams for total size. PM me if y'all are interested.

I would, but I'm really busy from now until Christmas time is over. Sorry Sean and Shawn. :(

Bulls and Pacers pre-season game starts at 7:00 PM EST on NBA TV. Who's excited to see the return of DRose?

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2442rt7ZaQ[/video]

i-it's something!

Keep an eye on the Pacers over the next two weeks. They are about to have their first true challenge of the season with a five game road trip against the Clippers, Spurs, Blazers, and OKC. To cap it off, they have to return home to play the Miami Heat. I've picked Indiana as my championship favorite this season, so it'll be interesting to see how they do against the best teams in the league.

Back