Nationals!!! whats happening How to win and tactics galore!!!

LITE2DARC

I'm back nubs.
I made this thread for discussion of the nationals they look to be AWESOME!!! this year so I thought that everyone would like to discuss their plans on how they are gonna try to win. I'm gonna go for my SECRET G&G that I haven't used in a tourney yet but has been tested so as WPM would say...

Discuss!

Ha ha Secret.Not anymore. I am also going to UK Nationals. G+G will fail, I know a bunch of people who are playing decks to counter it.

RE: Nationals!! whats happening How to win and tactics galore!!

Most popular decks: Anti-meta (Gyarados and Mismagius, probably some Cress. Lv. X as well), Speed Kabutops variants, more setup oriented Fossilutions, Mortar + Leafeon (it's the new Blissey?!), Eeveelutions, Emo. A small number of G&G left, but with the Eeveelutions without weaknesses and the Fossilutions spreading them and their techs, they don't stand much of a chance anymore.
Then again, our Nats are only just after the MD prerelease, so lots of players will still have to play their HP-GE decks, which brings G&G back a bit.
I don't know what to play yet, I never thought Emo (the name I gave Empoleon + Omastar like a month ago) would become so popular around here. I don't have the Poleons yet, but it's not a big deal if I can't play it since it's way too popular. I'll just wait and see...

I think that Cessation will be a BIG part of Nationals. It shuts down practically EVERYTHING that isnt a T2 deck (Like Bannete, Doom, Scizor) It is goin to bring down alot of GG (it already has) kills mag completely, and stops skittles from practically settin up (unless of pachis) so.... I dont think anyone can say anything about Meta games. We wont know what the meta is gonna be until we start to play :)

ha ha! D9 my deck is no normal G&G I've faced tons of counters and countered them! My deck has some changes such as no lvX and some speedy furrets not to mention an homegrown version of an Unknown engine to help beat you down before your even at stage 1! As you can see I'm really fired up! I hope to get to the top 8 although that trophy looks nice...

I'm playing a secret.

Lemme just let you in on something:

It's 78-3 after playtesting against like, 50 different people :D

IM not playing G&G becasue want to be diffrent and i dont need to play it to win

Well Im using a deck thats as fast and powerful as G&G and it has I higher chance of the T2 masive damige.

Only one word, zombies. That's my gangsta deck

i agree with pikakid, only n00bs need to playGG to win. Real players are those who are ORIGINAL!!!

TCGplaya said:
I agree with pikakid, only n00bs need to playGG to win. Real players are those who are ORIGINAL!!

Oh yes. And let me guess, you are using Gyarados? Wow. That's original...

Anywho. Gardelade/PLOX doesn't take much skill to use, I will admit that. But to use it effectivly it takes alot of skill and practice. Despite what you have been told, or believe, Gardelade/PLOX isn't as simple as use it and you win...

And, hey, I dare you to play in a mirror match of PLOX VS PLOX (Or GG VS GG) and then tell me it takes no skill.

i playing empostar or togechomp because this are decks you must think to use it well

the most people were playing plox , magmakiss , anything other with magmortar or eeveeloutions

Krucifier said:
TCGplaya said:
I agree with pikakid, only n00bs need to playGG to win. Real players are those who are ORIGINAL!!

Oh yes. And let me guess, you are using Gyarados? Wow. That's original...

Anywho. Gardelade/PLOX doesn't take much skill to use, I will admit that. But to use it effectivly it takes alot of skill and practice. Despite what you have been told, or believe, Gardelade/PLOX isn't as simple as use it and you win...

And, hey, I dare you to play in a mirror match of PLOX VS PLOX (Or GG VS GG) and then tell me it takes no skill.

Very true. It may take no skill at all to play GG against random decks, but to play against it's counters and mirrors, you need skill. I almost beat an Arithmetic deck after losing by one prize, well, that means I need more practice then. :p

Well, I am not playing at Nats but, I have a few ideas. I see Scizor/CC/CB doing well. G&G will win (my list lolz). If you over tech a G&G it is a bag of suck but, like anything else, G&g needs dirty tricks to survive.

HTML will dominate nationals... you'll see it all over the tournament. ;) GG is for n00bs. It gets pwnt by CC. Idk if its even worth trying.

I do:)

BTW, z-man, are you a really good player?

Wow i had no idea this would become so popular!

I just want to say a few things to people that are saying "GG/PLOX Is for n00bs".

First of all, most n00bs don't have 3 Gardevoir, 2 Gallade, and a Gardevoir Lv.X. Unless they are like, super rich kids who can get what ever they want. And if that happened, they wouldn't be n00bs for long.
Now, PLOX may look like a breeze to play, especially to those who have never played PLOX. But, it is very challanging to play. You have to measure what kind of trainers are populer in your area, so that you can adjust your trainer lines accordingly. For example, because almost all decks use Roseanne's Research, PLOX doesn't need to run that many.
Second, you have to choose which techs you want to use. Dusknoir may be a populer one, but I can think of several different techs off the top of my head. A lot of people underestimate a lot of card that have potential. Each and every idea that even briefly flutters through your mind should be tested, because different techs can be discovered all the time. You also need to balance how much space you can spare for techs. Generally, most PLOX decks have about 8 tech spots.
Third, you need to choose a starter. Furret is a pokemon that is usually choosen, but Pachirisu, Phione, and Stantler are also viable.
Lastly, you need to choose how many DRE and Fighting/Psychic energies to use. If you run more Gallade than Gardevoir, you should adjust accordingly. You also may want to use Scramble Energy, and deciding the correct amount can be challanging

Now, once you spent all that time creating that "unorginal deck", you need to know how to play it. You have to know which pokemon you should KO with Gallade, and you have to anticipate what your opponent will do. You have to assume that they have that DRE or Scramble in the hand. You can never do anything on a whim.

Also, z-man, ever heard of Windstorm?

I never have and never will play competitive Pokemon, but I really hope someone plays the Fossilutions and makes me proud! :D

Though I think some serious thought has to be done into a Porygon/Garchomp deck (including the X's of course ;)), as you can suit it to counter almost anything. Put some Psychic energies in- That'll get rid of G&G. Put some water energies in- Bye-bye, Magmorter, etc. Meh, I'm just a noob, what do I know...

smacktack15 said:
BTW, z-man, are you a really good player?

z-man is arguably *THE* best Senior in the world right now. =/.

Back