Naruto Discussion

NecroThy

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys!

This question has been bothering me for a long time now. Is Tobi(member of Akatsuki Clan) Uchiha Madara or Uchiha Obito.
It has been said that Tobi is Uchiha Madara, but I belive that he's not. He is much more simillar to Obito Uchiha. Both(Obito and Madara) were supposed to be dead. But, in chapter 286 Itachi told Sasuke that Madara helped him to destroy the Uchiha clan. It was also sad that Uchiha Madara and his brother, were the first two members that obtained the Mangekyou Sharingan. But because Madara used Mangekyou too much, he lost his sight. That is why he then TOOKED brothers eyes and obtained the most powerfull form of Sharingan. Obito on the other hand, died(or not?) at the age of 13, when a huge rock crushed his right side of the body. It was then, when Kakashi recieved Obitos Sharingan.
My opinion:
I think that somehow Obito survived. If he did, maybe his right eye Sharingan is also ok. That would explain why Tobi has an eye-whole on his right side of his mask. Also, Uchiha Madara, has long hair, but, if we look at Tobi, we can see clearly that his hair are short.
Madara:
madara.png

Tobi:
tobi.png

Obito:
obito.png

Anyways, any comments are welcome, so please!

~Ôrc~

well really tobi is madara Uchiha's soul, in obito's body(much like the kyubi in naruto except obito cannot control his body)

Can you support your story with some evidence, like pictures or somethin',... Cuz I red all Naruto chapters, and still don't recall reading anything about Madaras soul in Obitos body,... And also, Madara was (supposed to be)dead, when Obito lived,... Share knowledge with me!

~Ôrc~

Prof. Octillery, you are off topic.

And anyways, well, I belive that Tobi is Obito, there is a theory going around that when Obito was crushed by a rock, and when everyone left him alone to die, Zetsu came out from wherever, looking for dead bodies, and as it is said that Tobi was a student of Zetsu, he picked Obito up, and brought him to Kakazu (The guy who likes money) or whoever, to fix him up, because it does say at wikipedia that Tobi has bults under his cloak, and when Tobi says, "I hold the power, the power of Madara Uchiha." Why would he be speaking in second person? He usualy speaks in third person, for instance: "Tobi is a good boy!". Plus it sounds like he is refering himself to Madara. Also what do you end up saying after saying Tobi really fast? Obito!

Also I agree with what Necro_Thy.

Necro_Thy said:
Can you support your story with some evidence, like pictures or somethin',... Cuz I red all Naruto chapters, and still don't recall reading anything about Madaras soul in Obitos body,... And also, Madara was (supposed to be)dead, when Obito lived,... Share knowledge with me!

~Ôrc~

Tobi was Zetsu's subordinate. He has a very formal and correct manner of speech and wanted to fill in Sasori's position in Akatsuki after he had died. To his luck he was eventually let in Akatsuki as we see in chapter 317 that Deidara tells him how a member of Akatsuki is supposed to act. In chapter 362 Deidara blew himself up and it was believed Tobi died as well. In chapter 363, however, a surprising turn of events takes place. Tobi is seen giving orders to Pain in chapters 363/364. Afterwards, it was revealed Tobi has the Sharingan, a power he claims he received from an unknown character that goes by the name of Madara Uchiha.

I got it all from naruto island

But it was never sad that Obito and Zetsu are related in any sort of meaning. I also think that Obito was the same age as Zetsu(I really don't think that Zetsu is older then Kakashi, and we know that Kakashi was Obitos teammate). That would mean that Zetsu was in Akatsuki when he was 13,... Somehow, I don't belive this is possible. Anyways, I'm glad that u posted your opinion. :)

~Ôrc~

King Deoxazard: And you are right: TobiTobiTobiTobi

I think Itachi joined Akatsuki the second it was formed. Since Madara was the founder and helped Itachi wipe out the clan he was most likely one of the first members.

Also I really doubt Obito survived. His eye was... ripped out.

Yes,... his left eye was ripped out,... but what about right one?! It was supposed to be crushed, but who knows,... I think that Obito is Tobi, but I don't think he wants to be in Akatsuki,... I think someone is pulling strings from behind,...

~Ôrc~

obviosly obito would not join the akatsuki but what if he shares Madara Uchiha's soul?
he inherits many things from both Madara and Obito

Madara Uchiha:
Grammer
Joining the Akatsuki

Obito:
'Tobi is a good boy" and statments like that.
body, hair, sharengan ext.

I really doubt it the pictures of Tobi aren't very accurate. His hair still looks like it normally does w/out the mask if you have read the recent Manga.

I bet the Illustraters probably put that in to throw people off. Really if Tobi doesn't want to be in Akatsuki why did he create it?

Tobi didn't create Akatsuki,... Pein did,... Anyways, Tobi has the same hair as Obito, SAME!!! On the other hand, the new thory of mine popped up. What if Zetsu did somehow save Obito, and Obito somehow took Madaras sharingan,... Silly theory but still,...

~Ôrc~

Tobi and Madara are the same exact people. Tobi and Madara have the exact same hair it just looks different with the mask.

Have you read the recent manga yet? I belive it reveals that Madara is tobi after Sasuke defeats Deidra.
It shows tobi w/out mask during the Sasuke Itachi fight. When it talks about Madara creating Akatsuki and it shows Madara w/out mask.

No,... Tobi says that he posses the Uchiha Madara power,... he never said that he was Madara. And while Itachi vs Sasuke chapter, it shows Madara, not Tobi,... He never said that was Tobi,...

~Ôrc~

Now this is confusing, I understand what your saying but can this mean that Itachi doesn't know about Tobi mangekyo sharigan? Since he said there is only three that have obtained it.

Or this can be evidence that Madara and Tobi are the same or at least sharing a body. Also Tobi's mask only has one whole where he can see this can also be evidence that Tobi is Obito since Obito would only have one Sharigan eye.

You don't think he does what Necro_Thy?
Well I don't know about them sharing a body, it could be.
But yeah, Obito does have one sharingan, since he gave the left one to Kakashi.

Back