Mysterious New English Promos Listed from Unidentified Product, Including Darkrai ex

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon.com has updated their promo legality page with 11 new English promos that will become legal on April 26th. This includes a new Darkrai ex, Pikachu ex, and Armarouge ex.
If the promos come from a product, it would hit store shelves on April 12th, as promos become legal two weeks after a product releases.
However, there are currently no products releasing on April 12th. There also aren’t any known products releasing this quarter that could even contain these cards.

Card
Card Number
Legality Date

Armarouge ex
SVP 105
4/26/2024

Pikachu ex
SVP 106
4/26/2024

Mareep
SVP 107
4/26/2024

Flaaffy
SVP 108
4/26/2024

Ampharos
SVP 109
4/26/2024

Darkrai ex
SVP 110
4/26/2024

Pawniard
SVP 111
4/26/2024...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The only thing making me a bit skeptical about this being Play Labs is the Armarouge ex, being both an evolution pokemon and being able to one shot the Pikachu ex. Feels like it would be somewhat overpowered in that matchup, while the current ones have a bit more of a neutral relationship that show off different mechanics instead (Greninja V can win with coin toss luck, Lucario showcases bench damage, and Umbreon showcases other attack effects; but all 3 importantly cannot one-shot each other. Otherwise, the games are way too fast, particularly as they're usually to 2 or 3 prizes.

Honestly the non-ex cards would be better off taking up space in sets imo; they'd all be common and uncommon bulk.
In 2022 I would have agreed. But I feel like one of the strengths of the SV era is the high amount of genuinely decent "bulk", mostly due to international packs staying more faithful to the original japanese rarities for each card. Adding in battle academy cards would undo that.

I wish I took a photo, but at my Pokémon Day event there were little three sided standee things outlining products with the 1/2/3 level system, and the level 1 had a battle academy with Pikachu, Armarouge, and Darkrai. Very likely they are all cards that will remain in that set in this case

Back