• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My Zoroark-GX / Gardevoir-GX Decklist

Ampharos142

Aspiring Trainer
Hi can anyone suggest any improvements for this deck for the Sheffield Regionals?

* 4 Zorua SM83
* 3 Ralts BUS 91
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 2 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 1 Gallade BKT 84
* 1 Tapu Lele GX

* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Float Stone
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Super Rod
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 N FCO 105
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* * 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Parallel City
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Cynthia
* 3 Diantha

* 5 Fairy Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

For starters, your Garde count is low, too low, bump it to 3-4 of them, so basically a 3-2-3 Line of Garde or a 4-2-4 line of Garde.
Zoroark counts are good, Gallade isn't necessary anymore, there are no Dark types rampant enough to warrant it even with the ability and attack. 1 Lele is super low even with the Zoro's, its not enough. 2-3 Lele is decently required. Might want to tech a Psychic type of sorts for Buzzwole and ZoroRoc matches, Mew EX, Mew FCO, Mewtwo EVO, any of that works. I personally would bump fairy count to 6-7, that's my thing however.

As far as your Pokemon, it should look something like this:

* 4 Zorua SM83
* 3 Ralts BUS 91
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Tapu Lele GX
* 1 (Choice of any Psychic Buzzwole Counter)

This second Pokemon lineup is more aggressive and a bit more competitive and tournament ready, and utilizes maximum draw utility. And unlike the first is very form fit, so not much you can customize.

* 4 Zorua SM83
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 4 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 3 Tapu Lele GX
* 1 Mew EX

For this one above I would highly suggest 4 Rare Candy and 2-3 Evosoda for speed, maybe 2-3 Brigette as a side, 2 Diantha, and a max line of Cynthia. 1-2 Mallow for when you need it. or you can sub out a potential Mallow for a Gallade (BKT), for drawing consistency through Zoroark, making sure you ALWAYS pick up what you need, when you need it, that choice is yours.

Good Luck!
~AFEX

I'm always happy to weigh in on Gardevoir lists. I played this deck (pre-FBL, of course) for a previous Regionals and had some fun with it. If you'll let me, I'll make my basis off my list and tell you certain changes I had, thoughts I had when playing the deck, or certain things to consider.

First of all, your Pokemon line.
➤ I personally believe the 4-3 Zoroark-GX line to be awkward to play at times. There's the potential for it to unfortunately have one of your Zoroark-GX prized, and in that game you're effectively playing a 4-2 line. I think you can either take this one or two ways: Cutting the fourth Zorua to play a 3-3 line and tweaking the engine you currently have to focus less on Zoroark-GX and more on playing an aggressive Gardevoir-GX, or to add a fourth Zoroark-GX and have a 4-4 line that avoids this issue. I think it's a personal choice on how you choose to play the deck.
➤ That being said, the changes I would make to your Gardevoir-GX line would depend on where you decide to go with this choice. Regardless, I believe that with how the meta currently is, that you should be playing a second Gallade BKT. I think if you choose to focus more on Zoroark-GX, a 3-2-2/2 line (with the 2/2 being a split of two Gardevoir-GX and two Gallade BKT) can work just fine. Choosing to prioritize Gardevoir-GX, I would change your line to a 4-2-3/2, with the split being 3 Gardevoir-GX and 2 Gallade BKT.
➤ I hate the thought of playing only 1 Tapu Lele-GX in this deck when Zoroark-GX benefits so highly from a Turn 1 Brigette, as well as flexibility late-game with dropping a Tapu Lele-GX and being able to search for a Mallow (if you choose to play it) or a Guzma to seal your game. I'd play 3 of them.

For your trainers, I'd suggest the following:
➤ Remove Professor's Letter. I don't think the deck benefits from having it. If you're not focusing on Gardevoir-GX that heavily, you're okay with your current Energy count and not needing to search for more. Really, I'd suggest that if you want to keep the energy search, play Mallow instead. You have the flexibility to use it with Trade to practically search your deck for two cards. And those cards can be two energy, one energy and a card you need, or complete flexibility. It's a lot less situational and helps you more.
➤ Play more than one Brigette. Zoroark-GX decks typically play three copies, and that's because it's so important for them to hit on Turn 1. It's such a necessary set up card, and you can afford to play more copies because you can simply use Trade to discard them when they're no longer needed after the first few turns of the game.
➤ This may be a personal suggestion, but consider playing one less of either N or Cynthia. The decks I've been playing have been using a split of 3 Cynthia and 2 N and I've grown very comfortable with this split. I think the third copy of either card can be dropped to allow the space for other inclusions.
➤ In any Gardevoir-GX deck, I'd suggest not playing more than one Professor Sycamore. Typically the resources and cards in your hand are way too precious to constantly be discarding because you find Professor Sycamore to be the only supporter card in your hand. Even if need be you could consider playing a fourth count of Cynthia if you deem it necessary. Shuffle draw is safer than discard draw.
➤ Drop Nest Ball entirely. The deck already has its early-game "set up and bench" engine established through a heavy count of Brigette due to its easy ability to be searched out with Tapu Lele-GX and its reliability. This makes Nest Ball unnecessary and can possibly clog your hand during the late game when it's not needed and ends up being an item that goes to be Traded away. If you still want Pokemon search on top of Ultra Ball, consider Timer Ball instead, due to its better flexibility to search for up to two in any combination of Zoroark-GX, Gardevoir-GX or Gallade BKT after dropping a Turn 1 Brigette. It may sound strange, but I've loved testing it and have done well with it, so at least consider the option.
➤ Drop your Diantha count to one, or even zero. If you find yourself attacking with Zoroark-GX or simply having it knocked out, Diantha isn't of much help to you. If your opponent has knowledge of a Diantha in your hand, they can easily knock out your Zoroark-GX knowing that you have a useless supporter in hand instead of following it up thinking they'll knock out your Gardevoir-GX. I love the potential for Diantha which is why I believe Gardevoir-GX decks should still consider playing a copy, but keep in mind it's very hard to use and it doesn't benefit from having more than one copy.

➤ I'd suggest playing one or two copies of Mallow, as previously noted, as well as four Puzzle of Time. Zoroark-GX has had great success running this card and I believe it can be the difference between losing and winning a game. You can even use these two in combination, for example, to use Mallow and search your deck for two Puzzle of Time to put on top of your deck, use Trade to put them into your hand, and then use the two Puzzle of Time to take cards from your discard to win the game. It's a more reliable Diantha that comes in the form of an item and doesn't rely on a knock-out. Both of these cards should definitely be considered.

In order to make things easier to follow, I'll include an updated list (based on prioritizing Zoroark-GX, and some smaller optimizations to allow for space) considering the following, into this spoiler:
* 4 Zorua SM83
* 3 Ralts BKT100
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 2 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Gallade BKT 84
* 3 Tapu Lele GX

* 2 Choice Band
* 2 Field Blower
* 4 Puzzle of Time
* 3 Rare Candy
* 1 Super Rod
* 2 Timer Ball
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 3 Brigette
* 3 Cynthia
* 3 Guzma
* 1 Mallow
* 2 N
* 1 Professor Sycamore
* 1 Parallel City

* 4 Fairy Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy

Total Cards - 60

We can discuss a possible list later if you're more interested in focusing on Gardevoir-GX over Zoroark-GX, or if you have different opinions of this list over testing. I'm always open for discussion over a deck like this.

Hope this helps! @Ampharos142

Last edited:
I'm always happy to weigh in on Gardevoir lists. I played this deck (pre-FBL, of course) for a previous Regionals and had some fun with it. If you'll let me, I'll make my basis off my list and tell you certain changes I had, thoughts I had when playing the deck, or certain things to consider.

➤ I personally believe the 4-3 Zoroark-GX line to be awkward to play at times. There's the potential for it to unfortunately have one of your Zoroark-GX prized, and in that game you're effectively playing a 4-2 line. I think you can either take this one or two ways: Cutting the fourth Zorua to play a 3-3 line and tweaking the engine you currently have to focus less on Zoroark-GX and more on playing an aggressive Gardevoir-GX, or to add a fourth Zoroark-GX and have a 4-4 line that avoids this issue. I think it's a personal choice on how you choose to play the deck.
➤ That being said, the changes I would make to your Gardevoir-GX line would depend on where you decide to go with this choice. Regardless, I believe that with how the meta currently is, that you should be playing a second Gallade BKT. I think if you choose to focus more on Zoroark-GX, a 3-2-2/2 line (with the 2/2 being a split of two Gardevoir-GX and two Gallade BKT) can work just fine. Choosing to prioritize Gardevoir-GX, I would change your line to a 4-2-3/2, with the split being 3 Gardevoir-GX and 2 Gallade BKT.
➤ I hate the thought of playing only 1 Tapu Lele-GX in this deck when Zoroark-GX benefits so highly from a Turn 1 Brigette, as well as flexibility late-game with dropping a Tapu Lele-GX and being able to search for a Mallow (if you choose to play it) or a Guzma to seal your game. I'd play 3 of them.

➤ Remove Professor's Letter. I don't think the deck benefits from having it. If you're not focusing on Gardevoir-GX that heavily, you're okay with your current Energy count and not needing to search for more. Really, I'd suggest that if you want to keep the energy search, play Mallow instead. You have the flexibility to use it with Trade to practically search your deck for two cards. And those cards can be two energy, one energy and a card you need, or complete flexibility. It's a lot less situational and helps you more.
➤ Play more than one Brigette. Zoroark-GX decks typically play three copies, and that's because it's so important for them to hit on Turn 1. It's such a necessary set up card, and you can afford to play more copies because you can simply use Trade to discard them when they're no longer needed after the first few turns of the game.
➤ This may be a personal suggestion, but consider playing one less of either N or Cynthia. The decks I've been playing have been using a split of 3 Cynthia and 2 N and I've grown very comfortable with this split. I think the third copy of either card can be dropped to allow the space for other inclusions.
➤ In any Gardevoir-GX deck, I'd suggest not playing more than one Professor Sycamore. Typically the resources and cards in your hand are way too precious to constantly be discarding because you find Professor Sycamore to be the only supporter card in your hand. Even if need be you could consider playing a fourth count of Cynthia if you deem it necessary. Shuffle draw is safer than discard draw.
➤ Drop Nest Ball entirely. The deck already has its early-game "set up and bench" engine established through a heavy count of Brigette due to its easy ability to be searched out with Tapu Lele-GX and its reliability. This makes Nest Ball unnecessary and can possibly clog your hand during the late game when it's not needed and ends up being an item that goes to be Traded away. If you still want Pokemon search on top of Ultra Ball, consider Timer Ball instead, due to its better flexibility to search for up to two in any combination of Zoroark-GX, Gardevoir-GX or Gallade BKT after dropping a Turn 1 Brigette. It may sound strange, but I've loved testing it and have done well with it, so at least consider the option.
➤ Drop your Diantha count to one, or even zero. If you find yourself attacking with Zoroark-GX or simply having it knocked out, Diantha isn't of much help to you. If your opponent has knowledge of a Diantha in your hand, they can easily knock out your Zoroark-GX knowing that you have a useless supporter in hand instead of following it up thinking they'll knock out your Gardevoir-GX. I love the potential for Diantha which is why I believe Gardevoir-GX decks should still consider playing a copy, but keep in mind it's very hard to use and it doesn't benefit from having more than one copy.

➤ I'd suggest playing one or two copies of Mallow, as previously noted, as well as four Puzzle of Time. Zoroark-GX has had great success running this card and I believe it can be the difference between losing and winning a game. You can even use these two in combination, for example, to use Mallow and search your deck for two Puzzle of Time to put on top of your deck, use Trade to put them into your hand, and then use the two Puzzle of Time to take cards from your discard to win the game. It's a more reliable Diantha that comes in the form of an item and doesn't rely on a knock-out. Both of these cards should definitely be considered.

In order to make things easier to follow, I'll include an updated list (based on prioritizing Zoroark-GX, and some smaller optimizations to allow for space) considering the following, into this spoiler:
* 4 Zorua SM83
* 3 Ralts BKT100
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 2 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Gallade BKT 84
* 3 Tapu Lele GX

* 2 Choice Band
* 2 Field Blower
* 4 Puzzle of Time
* 3 Rare Candy
* 1 Super Rod
* 2 Timer Ball
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 3 Brigette
* 3 Cynthia
* 3 Guzma
* 2 N
* 1 Professor Sycamore
* 1 Parallel City

* 4 Fairy Energy

Total Cards - 60

We can discuss a possible list later if you're more interested in focusing on Gardevoir-GX over Zoroark-GX, or if you have different opinions of this list over testing. I'm always open for discussion over a deck like this.

Why two Garde?
why not 3 Garde 1 Galla?

Even with your explanation that still makes no sense.

As far as your Pokemon, it should look something like this:

* 4 Zorua SM83
* 3 Ralts BUS 91
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Tapu Lele GX
* 1 (Choice of any Psychic Buzzwole Counter)

This second Pokemon lineup is more aggressive and a bit more competitive and tournament ready, and utilizes maximum draw utility. And unlike the first is very form fit, so not much you can customize.

* 4 Zorua SM83
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 4 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 3 Tapu Lele GX
* 1 Mew EX

Personally, I'm going to disagree with the first list due to a lack of Gallade BKT, and a lower Tapu Lele-GX count. The psychic counter is also either meta or play-style dependent rather than a card you'd consistently want in you deck as it only really works to counter one card. (Not to mention, Mew FCO does absolutely nothing for this deck and should never be considered.)

I'm going to disagree with the second as I don't agree with the statement of "it's more competitive and tournament ready", implying the first list you've suggested previously is bad, and should not be brought into a competitive environment. I personally don't understand why you would write advice and then counter it immediately, in the same post.
A 4-4 Zoroark-GX line may be too thick when optimizing Gardevoir-GX, which is seemingly what this list does. I heavily disagree with the fourth Gardevoir-GX as it's playing too many counts and to keep in mind you only want Gardevoir-GX in hand when you are able to put it into play. I also disagree with this list for its lack of Gallade BKT, once again.

Why two Garde?
why not 3 Garde 1 Galla?

Even with your explanation that still makes no sense.

A 4-4 Zoroark-GX line may be too thick when optimizing Gardevoir-GX, which is seemingly what this list does. I heavily disagree with the fourth Gardevoir-GX as it's playing too many counts and to keep in mind you only want Gardevoir-GX in hand when you are able to put it into play.

This is about the same reason why, just in the opposite way. I believe if you're going to focus more on Zoroark-GX, that three Gardevoir-GX aren't necessary, and you don't need that high of a count in that situation.

In terms of playing 2 Gallade instead of one and switching it for a third Gardevoir-GX, the answer is simple. The meta seems to favour Zoroark-GX more than it has before, not to mention using Premition into Trade is fantastic, and Gallade is a reliable, one-prize attacker that can knockout threats like Zoroark-GX and Drampa-GX much easier than any other attacker in the deck.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

* 4 Zorua SM83
* 3 Ralts BKT100
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 2 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Gallade BKT 84
* 3 Tapu Lele GX

* 2 Choice Band
* 2 Field Blower
* 4 Puzzle of Time
* 3 Rare Candy
* 1 Super Rod
* 2 Timer Ball
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 3 Brigette
* 3 Cynthia
* 3 Guzma
* 1 Mallow
* 2 N
* 1 Professor Sycamore
* 1 Parallel City

* 4 Fairy Energy

Total Cards - 60

This input is just about everything I had to say. Everything was covered with detail, and I cannot add anything that won't be repeating Violet. In short, listen to @VioletValkyrie .

Thanks for the advice! Due to money restrictions this will be the deck I will use,
* 3 Zorua SM83
* 3 Ralts BKT100
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 2 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Gallade BKT 84
* 1 Tapu Lele GX

* 3 Choice Band
* 2 Field Blower
* 4 Puzzle of Time
* 3 Rare Candy
* 1 Super Rod
* 2 Timer Ball
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 3 Brigette
* 3 Cynthia
* 3 Guzma
* 3 Mallow
* 2 N
* 3 Professor Sycamore
* 1 Parallel City

* 4 Fairy Energy

Thanks for the advice! Due to money restrictions this will be the deck I will use,
* 3 Zorua SM83
* 3 Ralts BKT100
* 2 Kirlia BUS 92
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53/73
* 2 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Gallade BKT 84
* 1 Tapu Lele GX

* 3 Choice Band
* 2 Field Blower
* 4 Puzzle of Time
* 3 Rare Candy
* 1 Super Rod
* 2 Timer Ball
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 3 Brigette
* 3 Cynthia
* 3 Guzma
* 3 Mallow
* 2 N
* 3 Professor Sycamore
* 1 Parallel City

* 4 Fairy Energy

I think this list is a lot more solid and more of an improvement. However, I'd really suggest having the fourth Zorua to play the 4-4 Zoroark-GX line, or have to drop it down to 3-3 if you can't. 3-4 is a very unstable line.
I'd suggest dropping two Mallow, down to only one as you don't want to be drawing into it while you don't have proper board position. I'd advise you use those two slots to play another Zorua and another Rare Candy as it frees the space to play 4 Rare Candy over three.

I think even on more of a budget that this deck is coming along nicely. Hope this helps! @Ampharos142

Back