My very sad hometown Cities

Kiefer_777

This is the all powerful genosect.
Last year I was the city champion of my hometown using Chenlock. I was the defending champion which suprisingly actually intimidated some people. I decided to go with the google.dec because I knew nobody would run Mewbox. It didn't go exactly how I planned.

Round 1: vs Troy W. using Primetime with Zoroark and Tyrogue techs
Troy and I go to the same league, and are pretty good friends. I know Primetime can be a very bad matchup for me, especially if it gets set up t2 or t3.....but it didn't. For the first few turns we drew, attached or evolved, and passed. He had an active Magneton and a few Magnemites and Yanmas on the bench. On the next turn I set up Vileplume and Donphan and basically sweep everything because that was his only Magneton.
1-0

Round 2: vs Zack T. using.....THEME DECK
He had a bye on the previous round and it was a 2 turn game. I got t2 Donphan and knocked out his only basic.
2-0

Round 3: vs Maddie H. using Stage 1's
I kind of consider Maddie as my main rival in seniors. She is a great player so I knew that this would be an intense match. I get a slow start while she quickly sets up as stage 1's do. I eventually get out SEL while I have no Vileplume or Reuniclus thanks to her catchers. I knock out enough pokes that I have one prize. She knocks out SEL and gets down to one prize also. I have a benched Donphan and she catchered up my Zekrom. I needed to get a DCE to win but it didn't happen. I then found out that my last prize was the DCE I needed :(
2-1

Round 4/Last Round of Swiss: vs Sam H. using Chandelure/Metagross
Sam is also a very good friend of mine. I've tested against his deck many times and easily won so I was pretty confident. He gets a t2 chandelure when I get t2 vileplume and reuniclus:D. Then I draw into 3 supporters the rest of the game. They are seeker, seeker, and collector. He knocked out a phanpy early on and the other one is prized so its gg.
2-2

So that was the tourney in a nutshell.

Props:
Maddie Won
Sam got 2nd
I got Sam's Kyurem

Slops:
I didn't get my Kyurem to finish my deck before the tourny
No supporters :(
I got on the bubble getting beaten by some kid playing a carracosta/seismatoed deck
No prizes for me

Back