• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

My take on Plasma-Box (Deoxys-EX/Thundurus-EX)

AjBarnes555

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon

• 3 Deoxys EX
    1 Lugia EX
    3 Thundurus EX
    2 Kyurem
    1 Absol
    1 Keldeo EX
Trainers

• 2 Skyla
    3 Colress
    3 Colress Machine
    3 Professor Juniper
    3 Team Plasma Ball
    1 Ultra Ball PF 122
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Virbank City Gym
    2 N
    1 Scramble Switch
    1 Switch
    1 Max Potion
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Float Stone
    2 Bicycle
    1 Cheren
    1 Tool Scrapper
Energy

• 4 Plasma Energy
    4 Prism Energy
    4 Blend Energy WLFM
    1 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy

So Strategy is mostly the same as other plasma decks, except I am running Absol and Keldeo. I have found that Absol is quite a nice clean up guy even with his low HP plus he is another non-EX attacker that is not weak to Metal like Kyurem, he can OHKO a Kyurem with a few Deoxys, and your opponent having a full bench. I am really only having trouble with is finding a T/S/S line that keeps consistency. I find times I get dry in supporters / draw in general, and even energy sometimes. Any input would be appreciated.

RE: My take on Plasma-Box

With only 2 Float Stones, you run a big risk of not drawing into it so that you can attach it to your Keldeo. Your Keldeo is useless without Float Stone attached.
I don't like Bicycle in this deck. Bicycle is best when you have Sableye, or your strategy involves discarding your hand often to set up. With only 1 Ultra ball and 0 Sableyes to Junk Hunt for Bicycle, I feel that Bicycle is subpar. I would replace it with more supporters.
3 Colress is not a good idea. Colress is horrible as your first supporter of the game; you don't want to run the risk of starting with only Colress so you don't want too many of them. 2 is plenty enough.
You really want 4 Deoxys in the deck. It's not that 3 Deoxys does not work. 3 Deoxys is generally how many Deoxys you want on the bench. But you have to account for it being prized or knocked out so it is much preferable to have 4.

Back