• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My Potential Ho-Oh GX Deck list

Kevin Lauro

Aspiring Trainer
I'm trying to find the best way to build a deck around the upcoming Ho-OH GX in Burning Shadows. Here's what I came up with. Feedback is welcome! :)

Pokemon (15)

4 Ho-Oh GX

4 Incineroar GX

2 Victini ****FOR VICTORY STAR ABILITY****

2 Tapu Lele GX (2)

1 Tauros GX (1)

2 Turtonator GX

Trainers (35)

2 Professor Sycamore

4 VS Seeker

3 Ultra Ball

3 Kiawe

3 Max Elixir

2 N

2 Fighting Fury Belt

2 Choice Band

2 Switch

2 Altar of the Sunne

2 Guzma

2 Lysandre

2 Wicke

1 Pokemon Fan Club

1 Briggette

2 Brock's Grit

Energy (10)
10 Fire Energy

The deck has too many obsolete supporters. Cards like Wicke, Brock's Grit, and high amounts of Guzma/ Lysandre really slow the deck down and don't help anything. If you want to play the Incineroar/ Ho-oh deck, you need ways to discard Pokemon, and Sky Field to actually make use of the deck. Here's the list I'd play:

Pokemon:13
3 Ho-oh GX
4 Incineroar GX
1 Turtonator GX
2 Volcanion
1 Tapu Lele
1 Victini
1 Shaymin-EX

Trainers:36
4 Sycamore
3 N
1 Lysandre
2 Guzma
3 Kiawe
1 Hex Maniac
1 Kukui

4 Sky Field
4 Choice Band
2 Float Stone

4 Ultra Ball
3 VS Seeker
2 Acro Bike
2 Field Blower

Energy:11
11 Fire energy

Thanks so much! I always play Brock's Grit just because I get nervous losing energy, but I see your point because of wanting to discard as early as possible to get Ho-Oh's GX move going to help build up the Incineroars. I love your build a lot and will probably use it. The one thing I'm still questioning is why no Max Elixrs? I feel like that could help a lot so you can load up one benched Pokemon before you use Kiawe or if you don't have Kiawe in hand. Let me know what you think on that.

Thanks so much! I always play Brock's Grit just because I get nervous losing energy, but I see your point because of wanting to discard as early as possible to get Ho-Oh's GX move going to help build up the Incineroars. I love your build a lot and will probably use it. The one thing I'm still questioning is why no Max Elixrs? I feel like that could help a lot so you can load up one benched Pokemon before you use Kiawe or if you don't have Kiawe in hand. Let me know what you think on that.
Max Elixirs ONLY work on Basics. Because the primary concern would be Ho-oh, and Kiawe takes care of that, it's just not that necessary to play Elixirs if they only go to one Pokemon, especially if it isn't even your main attacker. And the baby Volcanion get energy out of the discard pile so there's nothing to worry about.

Back