TCG Fakes My first Fake TCG Set! Brilliant Beginnings!

ThePokemonGuardian

Aspiring Trainer
Welcome to the thread of what will be my very first fake TCG Set. I have wanted to try making my own TCG set for a while now and was not sure how to do it. I was thinking of using Pokecardmaker.net to make the cards since it will be easy to use. And i will need a good way to find art/Pictures to use for the cards.

About the set, i decided i will start by making my take on a more modern Diamond and Pearl era inspired set, with the main mechanic being "Lv.X" cards, a card that will be able to use attacks and abilities from it's Pre evolution. I chose this for my first fake TCG set as Sinnoh is my favorite Region and the Lv.X Mechanic in the Diamond and Pearl era is a very cool Mechanic that hasn't been seen since. So i want to my own take at making more modern Lv.X cards and overall my own take of a 4th gen era TCG.

As for the set name for this first set i decided to go with, this set will be called:
"Diamond and Pearl - Brilliant Beginnings" or just "Brilliant Beginnings." Brilliant being taken from one of the remake's games, "Brilliant Diamond". Also the Brilliant part being inspired by "Brilliant Stars" an official tcg set in the Sword and Shield era.

Cards for the set will be posted on this thread to be revealed when i make them. If you have any tips or any suggestions to help me make my first fake TCG Set, please feel free to leave a post here on the thread.

I am looking forward to getting started on this and revealing some cards i make.

Hey ThePokemonGuardian, congrats on starting a new set! Unfortunately, though, your cards are missing illustrator credit (the "Illus." text that appears in the bottom left on modern cards). To mitigate art theft, we require that for all cards posted here, you obtain permission from the artist to use their art and credit them on the card. I've deleted the cards in question for now — however, if you obtain permission from the artists and include the proper credit, do feel free to reupload them! :)

Hey ThePokemonGuardian, congrats on starting a new set! Unfortunately, though, your cards are missing illustrator credit (the "Illus." text that appears in the bottom left on modern cards). To mitigate art theft, we require that for all cards posted here, you obtain permission from the artist to use their art and credit them on the card. I've deleted the cards in question for now — however, if you obtain permission from the artists and include the proper credit, do feel free to reupload them!
Oh i apologize. I did not know card Illustration was required on these custom cards. I just got the images on google. Is there a certain place that it would be better to get art/images to use on cards? like are there certain artists that allow permission. Sorry, this is my first time making a custom set. It would help me a lot if it could be explained more how to handle art/images for custom cards.

Oh i apologize. I did not know card Illustration was required on these custom cards. I just got the images on google. Is there a certain place that it would be better to get art/images to use on cards? like are there certain artists that allow permission. Sorry, this is my first time making a custom set. It would help me a lot if it could be explained more how to handle art/images for custom cards.
Sure! A lot of us are on deviantART, which can be a great place to share both custom cards and illustrations that could conceivably be used on custom cards. You can DM artists on dA to ask for permission, and most of them (if they're still active) are happy to give it.

Alternatively, the custom card community also curates a list of artists who have given blanket permission for their artwork to be used on custom cards, which is accessible through our Discord. :)

Back