• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My crazy, insane Gourgeist deck

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 17
3 Remoraid BKT
3 Octillery BKT
4 Pumpkaboo CRI 44
3 Gourgeist CRI 45
4 Klefki STS 80

Trainers 39
3 Ultra Ball
4 Nest Ball
3 Evosoda
4 Rescue Stretcher
4 Energy Loto
3 Field Blower
2 Brooke Hill
1 Special Charge
1 Town Map
4 Choice Band
4 Float Stone
4 Dashing Pouch
2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells

Energy 4
4 Double Colorless Energy

Get out at least two Octillery, hopefully all three come mid game and just draw the snot out of your deck. Recycle the klefki with rescue stretcher.

This deck hits crazy good numbers and I have been on a hot streak online. Greninja is a straight auto loss, garb variants can be tough if you don't find a field blower.

I know it seems absolutely insane to not play any supporters, but if you play it right you can draw so much using the two Octillery you can almost always hit what you need.

Ive beating everything in the meta pretty handily. Definitely not a regionals winning deck, but at league its a fun as crap deck to play.

Why is it that you chose no supporters? And Guzma is of course necessary in any deck.

The deck is INCREDIBLY tight. To include supporters I would have to cut the nest balls and Evosodas. To be honest I have been more consistent with the increase in pokemon search cards over supporters. I've done a ton of deck testing, both with and without supporters, this is the most consistent list I have played do far.

With supporters, you wouldnt have the need for Energy Lotos, as you could dig for the DCE much faster. As for space, Nest Balls and Energy Lotos can go. At least run 4 Sycamore or something along the lines of that. I can't really make too many suggestions, since I don't know how the deck runs. I'll try on PTCGO, and come with results.

You can't play sycamore. You need the tools. Even just playing an ultra ball can hurt. A lot.

This list looks similar to Andrew Mahone's list from Derium's Pokémon. I would suggest at least 2 guzma to pull up those GXs.
You need Ns & Sycamores. Even with octillery, you don't want a dead hand.
For starters, I would suggest:
-4 energy lotto, -3 evosoda, -2 brooklet hill, -2 rescue stretcher, -1 town map, -2 nest ball, -1 remoraid, -1 octillery
+2 dumbbells, +1 vulpix, +1 brigette, +2 tapu lele, +1 special charge, +1 ultra ball, +4 N, +2 sycamore, +2 guzma
This would drastically increase your consistency while giving you access to more setup via brigette & vulpix.

This list looks similar to Andrew Mahone's list from Derium's Pokémon. I would suggest at least 2 guzma to pull up those GXs.
You need Ns & Sycamores. Even with octillery, you don't want a dead hand.
For starters, I would suggest:
-4 energy lotto, -3 evosoda, -2 brooklet hill, -2 rescue stretcher, -1 town map, -2 nest ball, -1 remoraid, -1 octillery
+2 dumbbells, +1 vulpix, +1 brigette, +2 tapu lele, +1 special charge, +1 ultra ball, +4 N, +2 sycamore, +2 guzma
This would drastically increase your consistency while giving you access to more setup via brigette & vulpix.

Actually, I know this SOUNDS INSANE, but I have tried Mahones list, and this one is more consistent. It's far easier to get out your Octillery with the Nest Balls and Evosodas than using Vulpix and Brigette. You never offer up a 2 prize pokemon, because there is no Lele, because there are no supporters. Once you have out two of the three Octillery, it's so easy to draw through your deck and hit the cards you need. I've been playtesting this deck for almost 3 weeks now, and I have tried quite a few variations of it.

I'm definitely open to suggestions though, it's just that I have already tried the list you're proposing. Only keeping the 4 rescue stretcher, and -1 lele, and -1 N.

What I am really strongly considering (that I haven't tried yet) is cutting all 3 Field Blowers for 3 Guzma, and just accepting that Garbotoxin is likely just an auto loss.

Pokemon 17
3 Remoraid BKT
3 Octillery BKT
4 Pumpkaboo CRI 44
3 Gourgeist CRI 45
4 Klefki STS 80

Trainers 39
3 Ultra Ball
4 Nest Ball
3 Evosoda
4 Rescue Stretcher
4 Energy Loto
3 Field Blower
2 Brooke Hill
1 Special Charge
1 Town Map
4 Choice Band
4 Float Stone
4 Dashing Pouch
2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells

Energy 4
4 Double Colorless Energy

Get out at least two Octillery, hopefully all three come mid game and just draw the snot out of your deck. Recycle the klefki with rescue stretcher.

This deck hits crazy good numbers and I have been on a hot streak online. Greninja is a straight auto loss, garb variants can be tough if you don't find a field blower.

I know it seems absolutely insane to not play any supporters, but if you play it right you can draw so much using the two Octillery you can almost always hit what you need.

Ive beating everything in the meta pretty handily. Definitely not a regionals winning deck, but at league its a fun as crap deck to play.

Why not just get rid of the 3-3 Octillery for a 3-3 Zoroark GX? This way, you can discard whatever cards you don't want to draw 2. If you have all 3 set up, you are drawing an additional 6 cards per turn.

Actually, I know this SOUNDS INSANE, but I have tried Mahones list, and this one is more consistent. It's far easier to get out your Octillery with the Nest Balls and Evosodas than using Vulpix and Brigette. You never offer up a 2 prize pokemon, because there is no Lele, because there are no supporters. Once you have out two of the three Octillery, it's so easy to draw through your deck and hit the cards you need. I've been playtesting this deck for almost 3 weeks now, and I have tried quite a few variations of it.

I'm definitely open to suggestions though, it's just that I have already tried the list you're proposing. Only keeping the 4 rescue stretcher, and -1 lele, and -1 N.

What I am really strongly considering (that I haven't tried yet) is cutting all 3 Field Blowers for 3 Guzma, and just accepting that Garbotoxin is likely just an auto loss.
Oh I see. Well this is certainly an untapped archetype so play it the way you see fit. :)

Why not just get rid of the 3-3 Octillery for a 3-3 Zoroark GX? This way, you can discard whatever cards you don't want to draw 2. If you have all 3 set up, you are drawing an additional 6 cards per turn.

I've considered it, but haven't tried it yet. I've pulled 14 cards in a single turn with 3 Octillery out. I plan on testing it though. If I do build it, I will likely switch to supporters and drop the deck searchers since I would have a second attacker. I just like that I have nothing but single prize attackers in the deck.

The main issue though is that there really AREN'T cards that you don't need.

Last edited:
Dropped the three FB for 3 Guzma. Also dropped two energy Lot for an additional UB and Brooker Hill. Much better solution. Since I'm trading 1 prizes, I can afford to guzma every Trubbish and Garb I see. Considering dropping another Energy Loto for a 4th Guzma. Those Energy Loto have come in clutch several times in the past though, so I am hesitant.

TCGO results:
Plays since last edit: 15
Wins: 13
Total plays: 133
Wins: 102

Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Current thoughts, everything in the meta is beatable, a lot if it gets stomped if you don't dead draw, but what deck can't you say that about.

Greninja, Metagross and Solgaleo are auto losses.

Back