My 1st Double Battle Sun Team:

MaddMoni

Still Representin' Hoenn
So I'm making my first weather team and I decided to start of with a sunny team.
This is for double battles not really singles.

~ Lead ~
Ninetails
38.gif

Nature:Timid
Item: Wide Lens
Ability: Drought
EVS:
Moveset:
~ Hypnosis
~ Energy Ball/Pyscho Shock
~
~

Ninetails is the lead but isn't a bulky pokemon I want a set that would keep it alive and kinda stall. Any thoughts?

~Mixed Sweeper~
Victerbell
71.gif

Nature: Naive
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVS: 252 Spe/ 120 Atk/ 136 SpA
Moveset
~ Leaf Blade
~ Growth
~ Weather Ball
~ Sleep Power/ Sludge Bomb

Victerbell well come in with Ninetails and become a Growth Mixed Sweeper. While Drought is in play Chlorophyll will double Victerbell's speed. This pokemon is fine I have no problem with it.

Charizard
6.gif

Nature:
Item:
Ability: Blaze
EVs:
Moveset:
Okay this is the problem, I already have a mixed attacker. I don't know what EVs, Nature and moves to give it. I would like to have some suggestions for this pokemon, I really want to use it.

~Bulky Quiver Dance~
637.gif

Item: Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Moveset
~ Quiver Dance
~ Fiery Dance
~ Bug Buzz
~ Roost

As it is, I need a bulky pokemon for this team and Volcarona fits perfect.

Here are my questions:
Should I add a different type of pokemon?
How can Charizard be effective on this team?
What EVs and Moveset should Ninetails have?

I'm using this team for the next pokemon tournament. I would really appreciate any help.

For Ninetales' moveslot I'd go with Heat Wave, Hidden Power Ice (If you can get Base Power 70 for it otherwise go with Nasty Plot), Will-o-Wisp or Energy Ball, and of course for the last move being Protect. Make sure to give it high IV's in Sp. ATK being of course it's characteristic as either "Mischievous" or "Highly Curious". Drought is an amazing ability If you use it right. Slap a Focus Sash on it as well. For Ninetales' EV's I'd go with 252 in
Sp. ATK and Speed.

You may want to consider running Gastrodon with Storm Drain in this team as it's an effective strategy against Drizzle Politoed Rain Teams. With 252 EV's invested in HP and DEF with 4 in Sp. DEF it can be quite a powerful defense for your team. For the moveset I'd go with Water Pulse (20% Confusion is nice), Icy Wind, Earth Power, and Recover/Protect. Go with Bold Nature with an IV characteristic in either "Often dozes off" or "Loves to eat". Another thing I love about Gastrodon in this team is that it also helps cover against Sandstorm teams and Ground Types you might have problems with as well.

For the Victreebell set, I'd go with Sludge Bomb over Sleep Powder. For Charizard, If you can get the Solar Power Ability for it over Blaze that would help it a ton. Unfortunately it's Hidden Ability isn't legal in the U.S. yet but even then go with a Timid Nature with 252 EV's in Sp. ATK and Speed with 4 in HP. For it's moveset go with Fire Blast, Roost (to help get around Stealth Rocks), SolarBeam (with Drought from Ninetales shouldn't be too much of a problem), and Protect just to be on the safe side. If SolarBeam doesn't work go with Focus Blast so you'll also have coverage against Ground Types or even Tyranitar. Air Slash is also an option against Fighting Types but you'll lose it's STAB bonus If you use Roost so be careful. By going Timid Nature utilize your IV characteristic on either "Mischievous" or "Highly Curious".

Charizard can be effective but it kind of has a small movepool on the Sp. ATK end of the spectrum where as Physically it has more options especially with access to Dragon Dance, ThunderPunch, Brick Break, etc. You can switch it out with a different Fire-Type If you want. As for Volcarona If you're aiming to use it as a Special Sweeper then I'd advise on a Timid/Modest Nature with 252 EV's in Sp. ATK and Speed with an extra 4 in HP If possible. The moveset would be different from the Quiver Dance version you posted being Heat Wave, Bug Buzz, Rage Powder, and Protect. IV's would be either "Mischievous" or "Alert to sounds" depending on which Nature you choose for it.

Hope that helps and good luck! ;)

Back