Music Festivals!

Ryan Sinclair

4-2-2 at my first Nats, 33rd/151
So evidently from the "What are you listening to at the moment?" thread, we have some really big music fans amongst us on the Beach. How many of us have been to big Festivals? Whether it's rock/punk/alternative like Vans Warped Tour, dance/techno like Global Gathering, or even a bit of everything like Coachella, what's your favourite festival?
Do you have any coming up you're looking forward to?

For me, it's my third and third consecutive year going to Reading Festival this coming weekend (23rd - 25th) and the headliners are Green Day [subbed by System Of A Down], Eminem [subbed by Chase And Status] and Biffy Clyro [subbed by Nine Inch Nails]. I absolutely can't wait, especially for the Friday to see New Found Glory, Deftones, System Of A Down and Alkaline Trio!

A music festival is a festival oriented towards music that is sometimes presented with a theme such as musical genre, nationality or locality of musicians, or holiday. They are commonly held outdoors, and are often inclusive of other attractions such as food and merchandise vending, performance art, and social activities. The Pythian Games at Delphi included musical performances, and may be one of the earliest festivals known

I want to go to Lolla or Coachella someday. Oh my god, that'd be so much fun.
I think I'd rather go to a Tool concert, though. Mainly because it'll probably be closer. When the new album drops, I'll probably be really close to where they're touring.

Back