Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension - Game Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
(Two days early, as requested)

What a wonderful day in the town of Rougeport. It’s hard to believe that the town was recently saved from the complete destruction. I guess it’s no thanks to the man named Mario, hero of Rougeport. The Secret Society of the X Nauts had kidnapped Princess Peach, and Mario was off on a journey to find his woman. He saved her from her doom, as the X Nauts used her as a vessel for the Shadow Queen!

The X Nauts have fallen from grace. They have almost been destroyed. If only they had a second chance; the world could be theirs. Even without their base on the moon, they still had Rougeport’s sewer system as their base of operation. Allying themselves with the Shadow Sirens, who also seek revenge on Mario, the X Nauts are fully prepared to wake up the queen again, and cause more doom for the town.

Of course, the X Nauts suck at timing things. Mario just happened to be in town, celebrating the first anniversary since the attack. All of his friends, both partners and other allies, are back welcoming him. Suddenly, it gets dark over Rougeport. The X Nauts plan has sprung into action, and using the magic of the Shadow Sirens, they look like normal people.

The town of Rougeport certainly has their work cut out for them this time. They don’t have much say in the matter; action is the only choice right now.

Welcome to Mushroom Mayhem, a Mario themed variant of Mafia. Almost all of the rules are the same as Mafia and its clone Werewolf. So if you’ve played those games before, this game will be very easy to get the hang of.

Winners
Mushroom Mayhem 1: Hatman, catutie, Dark Void (Koopa Troop wins)

Blacklist
Empty :)

Object of the Game
The goal of Mushroom Mayhem is simple; satisfy your win condition. Once that’s done, you win the game. If others share your win condition, you all win. It is very simple.

Time
The game is divided into day and night. During the day, all of the members of the town (including the Koopa Troop/Mafia/Werewolves/whatever you want to call them) will decide who they view as a suspicious member of the town, and they will be killed. The game then, obviously, turns into night.

During the night, no one is allowed to post, barring certain circumstances. At this time, most of the roles can be used. The night is when all the behind-the-scene stuff happens, and all kinds of strange effects can happen. After the night is complete (usually after anywhere from 3-5 days), day happens. The cycle continuously repeats itself until the game is won.

Voting
It is a requirement that your vote be accompanied with the prefix “Vote:” I don’t care if its bold, italicized, or in any color. But if the prefix is missing, your vote won’t be counted, even if you bring it to my attention that your vote was skipped.

Vote: Bippa201
Something like that works.

However, you may only vote after I’ve told you to do so. I will post saying “vote now”, or something synonymous to it.

Due to popular request, unvoting is now allowed. To be fair though, you may only unvote once!

Roles
Most of the roles can be found by typing “Mafia Roles” into a search engine, though some are made up. Expect staples like the cop, mason and doctor. Everyone will have a role; there will be no generic townies.

If you reveal any part of your role (for example, if you are the doctor, saying “I heal people”) isn’t allowed, and you will be modkilled. Depending on the severity of the case, you could also be banned from joining a future Mushroom Mayhem game.

Modkills
In a nutshell, if I tell you to do something, you do it. If I tell you not to do something, you don’t do it. I will kill you myself if you defy my instructions (known as modkilling). Just be good and listen to me, and you’ll be safe from my wrath.

The most common source of modkills tends to be edited posts. Just don’t edit your posts, and things will be fine. Editing them is bad and is an unforgivable sin. So don’t do it.

Another common source of modkills is outside discussion about the game. Again, this is an unforigvable sin. Some roles will be allowed to break this role. I will know if you can or can’t communicate with others, and if so, with whom.

Often, if you ask me if its alright to talk about the game outside of the game, I'll say yes. I expect you to ask why, since the rules don't allow it. Outside discussion about this game will result in a punishment, varying from a modkill to a blacklist.

Death
If you die, don’t post in the thread until the game is over. Also, death might not be permanent, so it’s best to keep your information secret, and your beans not spilled. If you post, and you are dead, I’ll be modkilling your attempts to join the next game.

Leave of Absence
If you have to leave for a few days, and will be missing an entire day or night, please send me a PM stating your departure date, and your return date. If the absence is for a long period of time (a week or more), you will be replaced while you are gone. If it’s for a few days (3-6), I’ll grant you invincibility until you return.

Signups
YOU MUST PM ME SAYING THAT YOU WANT TO PLAY. IF YOU POST SAYING SO, I’M NOT LETTING YOU JOIN THE GAME Maybe posting in bold and all caps will get people to read it. :p
Joining Requirements (You only need to meet one):
  • 100+ Post Count
  • A Member of PokeBeach for at least 6 months
Players (There are 30 roles)
  1. ShadowLugia
  2. Shadow Arceus
  3. SPM3
  4. Darkvoid57
  5. xdogking
  6. Tyraniking Killed Day 1 Townie
  7. Blue Thunder
  8. sillykyle!
  9. slickmario Killed Night 2 X-Naut
  10. TheDarkLucario
  11. safariblade
  12. Hatman Killed Night 2 Townie
  13. Dark Void
  14. Yoshidude10
  15. HypnoticLuxray Killed Night 2 X-Naut
  16. pokenerd
  17. catutie
  18. PokeChamp Killed Day 2 Townie
  19. Rock Wrecker Modkilled Day 2 Townie
  20. Chillarmy
  21. Azelf Master
  22. Dark Sonic J
  23. Afro-G
  24. batui4
  25. Pokemon99
  26. Glaceon
  27. MrGatr
  28. Mlouden03 Lynched Day 3Townie

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20)

/me bumps this thread.

10 spots left. Anyone who's playing can talk if they want.

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20)

/me talk because he wants

I am so excited for this it's not even funny :D

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20) - 6 spots left!

Can't wait for the game to start. I hope I get an evil role. >:]

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20) - 6 spots left!

sillykyle! said:
Can't wait for the game to start. I hope I get an evil role. >:]

no i want moar ebil roles D:

Just gonna let you know that some of the rules have changed from MM1. Please make sure that you've read over all of them, especially the part about voting.

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20) - 4 spots left!

I like the new rules... :)

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20) - 4 spots left!

Posting to say that this game needs to stay, despite the changes being made to the forums. It's well-thought-out and has a lot of room to grow.

Yes, I will help you to fight for this to stay. It is quite thought out, and has a really good idea behind it.

ShadowLugia said:
Posting to say that this game needs to stay, despite the changes being made to the forums. It's well-thought-out and has a lot of room to grow.

Yeah, I second this. Quite frankly, this game is much more enjoyable them the other Mafia/Werewolf games out there, so it should stay.

Darkvoid57 said:
Yeah, I second this. Quite frankly, this game is much more enjoyable them the other Mafia/Werewolf games out there, so it should stay.

thisthisthisthis

Bippa is an amazing host. Don't kill his game. I like his custom roles.

I love you guys. It means a lot that you want this game to stay.

4 more spots left, and then we can begin. Let's go!!

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20) - 3 spots left!

I have to say this is the best game on the Beach. It's gotta stay if other things aren't going to die. Can't wait to get started! Hope they'll let us finish if they're going to take it away later.

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20) - 3 spots left!

I would say I agree with everyone else if I agreed with everyone else.

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20) - 2 spots left!

HL, if you don't like this game, then you're free to quit at any time. Stop whining.

RE: Mushroom Mayhem 2 - Into the Second Dimension (Signup until Oct. 20) - 2 spots left!

Yes, if you don't like the game, then why are you playing?

I can easily remove a few roles, and still have an enjoyable game.

Yeah, nobody can stand in the way of our... uh... willingness to will the mods to spare the thread...

d3e6ff708fRawr_by_EmoPenguin64_jpg.jpeg

It's not whining, I'm just saying it's not the best game in the game corner, Don't mean it's not a good game.

But I still want the game to stay and will do whatever I can to keep it open :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back