Multiple pming restriants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
I am having issues with the maximum amount of people I can simultaneously pm to, since I'm trying to organize the Pokemon Amethyst Version project with Flygon... and we have more than five people working on the project...

Is there a way to increase the limit so I won't have to keep making mulitple pms to different people? Thanks.

RE: Multing pm restriants

I agree. This also would help with decklist competitions, but I can also see why we don't. Some noob could send all 10,000 members 3-4 spam PMs, that would be a disaster.

BTW, I loom forward to working on amythest.

Paper PokeMaster said:
You could copy the PM before you send it or you could save a copy, then send it to more people.
I realize, but when you have to do it repeatedly, it gets quickly irritating.

theres a backdraw to both ways
Zyflair my suggestions are to either contact all the people by email (there are no restrainst on that)
or just deal with pming

I don't think everyone will willingly give me their email >_>

Uh... I'll wait for a mod - or higher - to say "no" before I'll do that.

I'm not aware of any ways to increase the amount of people you can send to at once. I think even I still have the limit of 5, though I've never had to send to more than one. xD

Anyways, I'm not really an expert in the field of this forum's system, so maybe another moderator that is would be able to help. ^_^;

this would help me also
i have had to send out PMs for trading or for sending info to clan members, etc, etc

Xous said:
I'm not aware of any ways to increase the amount of people you can send to at once. I think even I still have the limit of 5, though I've never had to send to more than one. xD

Anyways, I'm not really an expert in the field of this forum's system, so maybe another moderator that is would be able to help. ^_^;
It is possible to change it. Admin CP access is required.

Noobnerd said:
Xous said:

It is possible to change it. Admin CP access is required.
This would be a good time for ievil to fall from the sky.

Personally I consider these PMs are ADVERTISING AND SPAM. Ive had one of these PMs for the Azure Version and I think a giant flame war is going to begin if this keeps happening. I thought this was not allowed and would be punished, Ive seen nothing. More and more of these spam PMs are occuring it is just plain selfish. I know you think Im probably overreactig here it is just going to lead into disaster with all different bad stuff, lots breaking the rule list. Theres gonna be lots of aruguments and riots over the forum, what will happen then? I know this is gonna lead to lots of disagreements but I wanted to show what I think and not having to follow other non - mod/admin statements otherwise if told by them.

Back to your problem, I think it is impossible to change it otherwise hacking which is obviously not recommended. Maybe like NN said about the Admin CP if lots of people ask kindly to WPM to change with a backup statement.

raichupika33 said:
Personally I consider these PMs are ADVERTISING AND SPAM. Ive had one of these PMs for the Azure Version and I think a giant flame war is going to begin if this keeps happening. I thought this was not allowed and would be punished, Ive seen nothing. More and more of these spam PMs are occuring it is just plain selfish. I know you think Im probably overreactig here it is just going to lead into disaster with all different bad stuff, lots breaking the rule list. Theres gonna be lots of aruguments and riots over the forum, what will happen then? I know this is gonna lead to lots of disagreements but I wanted to show what I think and not having to follow other non - mod/admin statements otherwise if told by them.

Back to your problem, I think it is impossible to change it otherwise hacking which is obviously not recommended. Maybe like NN said about the Admin CP if lots of people ask kindly to WPM to change with a backup statement.

It isn't advertising if its something on this site, pokemon azure is in the fan creations section

Zyflair said:
I don't think everyone will willingly give me their email >_>

I'd give you my email.

Since there's probably a reason for the limit, I don't think they will change it.
But you can have everyone create an email adress just for your project, and then make them link the incoming mail to their usual email adress. That way their privacy is not harmed in any way. I'm not sure how to do this, but I think it should be pretty easy.

Copy and Paste isn't that bad. Five at a time is plenty for all of the non advertising people anyway.

dmaster out.

Very well. I suppose I can live with it.

Thread may be locked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back