Muddy's North Ridgeville BR Report-Luxchomp Still Rocks

Muddy68

Democrat to the End
Advanced Member
I had to get up at 8 AM to study so that I could go, yuck! So, after getting through that, jamming out to some Steve Perry, and pulling everything together, I hit the road listening to some Foreigner.
I get there, think about changing lists at the last minute, but am told to go with what I am comfortable with. I go with Luxchomp. There are 36 Masters and a Top 4, so here is my battle road report.

Round 1 vs. Hoolon Mike with Dialgachomp
So, I am paired against one of my favorite Masters of all time. He forgot his deck and is playing something that Chris Fulop is experimenting with. He fails to get any Energy, even though the deck runs 15, we fail a lot on Pokemon Contest Hall, and I am able to pull ahead in prizes. I snipe around the Dialga LvX, and we time out. I am up on prizes and win. I would have lost if time hadn't run out. One of my Poketurn was prizes. Bronzong G should be used in every list because it helped me to keep a charged up attacker.
1-0

Round 2 vs. ? with Steelix
Great, another fun match! I get quick KOs on 2 of his 3 Steelix to pull ahead. I being to snipe the bench, take a few prizes off of a Uxie LvX. He finally gets set up when time is called. So, we play the extra 3 turns, and he cannot do anything. Do secure the win, I snipe his last Onix with Garchomp. The resistance really came in handy on Luxray GL LvX, and I find out that I am one of the few SP decks to win against him. Sweet!
2-0

Round 3 vs. Stephen with Sablelock
So, he tells me that I won because karma is against him. Ok...
So, he gets rid of my Conspiracy but I topdeck a Collector. I find that the deck runs through a lot of energy very quickly. I set up, and allow him to take a few prizes so that the deck can run out of steam. I tie it up in prizes, and snipe out anything that could be a threat. We exchange prizes, but time is called. He cannot get the E-Gain he needs to KO my active Garchomp C LvX. I Warp Point and he brings up a Honchkrow G. I need a Energy to Trash Bolt. I set up for 4 and get a Warp Energy. GG.
3-0

Round 4 vs. AJ with Vilegar
Great, my league leader with Vilegar! I hate this matchup.
I manage to take some early KOs with an Ambipom G, but misplay because I thought the Spiritomb didn't have an Energy attached. Both Vileplume are prized, so I snipe the first Gloom, and he gets the other one set up. The issue was is that he forgot to evolve to Vileplume, allowing my to Power Spray a Level-Down. I try the Dialga, but it get KOed. So, I Bright Look up the Vileplume in desperation and Lock-Up. He has already used all the Warp Energy, so I end the Trainer lock. I come back with a hand full of Trainers. He cannot recover the Vileplume. I snipe around the active Gengar LvX and take the win.
4-0

Round 5 vs. Heather with Sablelock
She tells me this is the only BR that she can play in, so she is bringing her A-game. She gets double heads on Initiative to get rid of what good there was in my hand. I get an Uxie to get Prof Oak's New Theory where I get a god hand. She Judges it away. I finally start to get some KOs after she gets rid of my Garchomp and wrecks me with Dragonite. I just play the same way I did with Stephen. She plays and Uxie, I spray, Poketurn, and another Uxie. Darn! We are getting close to time with prizes 3-2 her. I take 1 more, and time is called. During the final 3 turns, she misplays and attacks with Toxicroak G too soon. David's quick eye, judge, realizes it. It comes down to the next prize wins it. I snipe her bench and take the win. Great Game!
5-0

So, I am top seed and have to play Heather again in Top Cut.

Top 4 vs. Heather with Sablelock
Game 1
She double fails an Initiative, and I get set up quickly. We exchange prizes, and I KO her Garchomp C with Ambipom. She then brings up Dragonite FB to KO it. I bring up Garchomp C, Level Up, and EQ that so that I can Dragon Rush next turn. She thought that I Dragon Rushed before, but I didn't, so I take a win in a close game.
Game 2
I have nothing and scoop a few turns in.
Game 3
I get set up and rampage her field. The disruption isn't there, and I am able to take prize after prize. I Bite a Sableye for a KO, and get rid of anything that seems a threat. I win 5-0 on prizes.
6-0

So, AJ, my league leader, is in Top 2 with me. He tells me he is impressed and that I can really play the deck.
Top 2 vs. AJ with Vilegar
Game 1
So, he gets the Tomb start, and I make a misplay be promoting Bronzong G? IDK what I was thinking, but it cost me. I actually get Dialga G LvX out, but it doesn't help too much. I was able to get rid of both Vileplume, but he Shadow Rooms my Bench and wins 0-3. Darn! So, I am nervous because IDK if I can come back!

Game 2
He starts with Ditto and an Unown Q. I try to retreat my Luxray GL to get rid of the Ditto with an Unown Q and Crobat. No dice. So, it takes him a few turns to get set up. I set up a Garchomp and Luxray and snipe out the Ghastly. I don't even think the Vileplume hit the field. He cannot get the needed Energy, and I snipe across the board for game. I get rid of a damaged Tomb with Luxray GL LvX. I need to get damage on Ditto to win, but he snipes Crobat G. I top deck Aaron's Collection, get it back, and Bite, Turn, Bite for game.

Game 3
So, I get set up and have no Supporters. He gets a Ghastly start and stops me from using Comm. So, I charge up a Garchomp with the DCE in my hand. He promotes a Spiritomb, and I get it up to 50 damage. He retreats and Pitch Darks. I top deck a Crobat G, and Flash Bite for a KO. He tries to get set up, but time runs out. He get Vileplume out though. I go, and attack again. He goes, can't get a KO, and it is Turn 3, my move. I am up prizes, and topdeck a Bebe's Search. AJ congratulates me, saying that I won. I end my turn, and the set of 3 turns, take my prize, give a pack to Matt Nawal to give to Joey (I owed him one for deck help at last week's BR) and take my Victory Medal.
7-0
By this point, I am feeling hungry and ill. I get some Arby's, head home, take a refreshing shower, and study for a quiz. I go to bed happily, knowing that for a 1st year Master, I played the best BR of my life.

Props
Zele for having BW
Getting to play everyone I looked up to before I entered Masters
Luxchomp
Ambipom for being beast
Everyone for giving me great games
AJ for complementing my play style
Good food
The beastly new Victory Medal

Slops
None but Pokemon Contest Hall; Hoolon and I flipped soooooo many tails!
Also, nothing good in the packs

Thanks for reading
~Muddy68

Congratulations for winning Muddy! Sounds like some intense games. I am excited for my BRs this Sunday, I hope I do as good as you.

Thanks. Believe me, Seniors is much easier than Masters. Every game went to time. I won some because of that...

Muddy68 FTW!

All I can say is ---

"AWESOME!!"

It was fun watching you play Heather -- those 4 games rocked.

It's interesting... I've top-cutted BRs twice... both times Heather was there too. I never got a chance to play her though, since I got booted before the Championship game.

How impressive... first year as a Master and you're already taking names and kicking butterred popcorn.

I will miss the easy wins at literally every tourney except worlds when im in masters =/ But gratz on the win good 2 see Luxchomp has won almost every BR in OH

GJ.
Also kinda depressed you didn't win w/ D-Chomp but still i hate one deck winning, MY DECK WILL change that(okay that was a white lie,no it won't but i think i can get Top Cut once)
Also did you play call energy in your list?
I've seen a few workign w/out it somehow and wondering if yours was one of them

Way to go, Nick!

It sounds like Masters is a lot harder. I hope my last year in Seniors can pull me somewhere far.

Back