Discussion Most Underrated Card in Pokemon TCG

Tepig4321

The Very Best Like No One Ever Was
As the title states:
(In my opinion)

QSq9MupCHpUj4vCdB6QPCt_Us3QiaTYas8N4d-eqRZTen2hVkEEdl1kGfMNDDUqaPWWvVQxjgHoXlA8Zfay_WSwBQ1zThN5SGAlkYiX6triBSxLYTLItQMyGX47Rp-eAqL2qAz-Q

I mean just look at its ability, and Blaze Ball can do a lot of damage. The only weakness is that it's a stage 2 pokémon, but you could use rare candy to get it in play.

So what do you think is an underated card in the TCG? Please comment below.

Last edited by a moderator:
- This thread was moved from TCG News & Discussion to TCG Competitive play as the thread is intended to discuss the competitive value of certain cards -

Ehhhhhhh, it being a stage 2 really hampers it. I mean look at the lack of play with Octillery in many competitive decks and it's only a stage 1. Also, in a meta with tons of item lock (Trev, Vileplume, Toad) rare candies have a hard time being played. It would be good, but its a stage 2.

IMO
images

images

images

1. Slowking is a very good energy disruption especially for cards like Mystery energy or burning energy and also to get rid of DCEs
2. Sacred Ash is very good for getting back fainted pokemon
3. Cassius is good for cards like bats, while yes it is shuffling instead of AZ returning it but you also keep all items which is good in expanded for cards like Life Dew or G scope/blaster

Cassius in certain decks, absolutely. I used to love it in ToadTina, being able to shuffle a damaged Toad away for Giratina lock, or vice-versa.

51Q-jQeKuYL.jpg
In combo with
$_1.JPG
Don't need no Shaymins. Just Rare Candies and Wallys. Oh yeah, Fire Energies too.

Also these little cards that can work as little techs/good decks (deck variations):
PHF-EN_skarmory_59-119_reverse_phantom-forces_pokemon_metaplay.jpg
Gyarados.AOR.20.png
And
Lugia-EX.AOR.94.png
Not-Mewtwo-EX, Y u no Water or Psychic type?

Gengar: Needs the right build (combined with bats) but if done right, you can take prizes out of nowhere. You just need 30 damage on them.

Haunter: Not bad for an evolving stage 1. The confusion damage alone can be useful in setting up a ko with Gengar.

Suicune (xy9): Unless I'm mistaken, this blocks all damage from Trevenant BREAK's attack (though they could still tree slam). Due to the wording on the attack, it places damage counters which does not count as dealing damage.

Tropius (PLB): Expanded only. Ideal one prize attacker in virgen.

Giovanni (xy8): I'm surprised this doesn't see more play. I understand that deck space is an issue and that there are better draw cards, but not other draw cards can add damage in place of drawing. At the very least, I'd think it would be a one of in decks using the battle compressor/VS seeker combo.

Lugia EX (xy7): Another one that I'm surprised doesn't see more play. It's Mewtwo 2.0 with a more useful secondary attack. The ideal colorless attacker.

Gengar: Needs the right build (combined with bats) but if done right, you can take prizes out of nowhere. You just need 30 damage on them.

Haunter: Not bad for an evolving stage 1. The confusion damage alone can be useful in setting up a ko with Gengar.

Suicune (xy9): Unless I'm mistaken, this blocks all damage from Trevenant BREAK's attack (though they could still tree slam). Due to the wording on the attack, it places damage counters which does not count as dealing damage.

Tropius (PLB): Expanded only. Ideal one prize attacker in virgen.

Giovanni (xy8): I'm surprised this doesn't see more play. I understand that deck space is an issue and that there are better draw cards, but not other draw cards can add damage in place of drawing. At the very least, I'd think it would be a one of in decks using the battle compressor/VS seeker combo.

Lugia EX (xy7): Another one that I'm surprised doesn't see more play. It's Mewtwo 2.0 with a more useful secondary attack. The ideal colorless attacker.
mewtwo was so good because it was a perfect mewtwo counter. I know it sounds dumb but still. it was biggest when the format was mostly evolution decks and nothing was able to 1 shot it. we now have plenty of good attackers who can hit the damage ranges needed to 1 shot a 170 hp ex. top players don't load 8 energy onto yveltal to get knockouts. and while yveltal does need a dark energy it is still much more consistent then lugia will ever be. plus normally you run stadiums of your own and I would not want to be discarding my stadium a lot. Giovanni is being used in decks like yveltal now it just took a there being a need like 70hp joltiks.
gengar is ok but he wont be winning any big tournaments 2 stage 2 Pokémon in this format is too clunky as the game is too fast nowadays. suicune would be good if it worked from the bench but it is a lackluster attacker and the ability only works when active. and how is plasma blast tropius an ideal 1 prize attacker unless they have a huge 8 energy pokemon out there you ain't taking ex knock outs

Back