• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Most Troll Deck Ever (Wild Blaze Durant)

blaZofgold

Romans 8:38-39
Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon
  • 1 Durant
Durant - Metal - HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Chip Off: If your opponent has 5 or more cards in his or her hand, discard a number of cards without looking until your opponent has 4 cards left in his or her hand.
[M][C] Scissor Cross: 20+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1
Trainers

Energy
  • 59 Steel

Strategy
Mulligan forever, then attack and discard almost all of your opponents cards. They deck out while being able to do nothing due to efficient energy ratios. Of course, if you don't mulligan for about 40 times then you probably will be screwed. The odds are not in your favor. Also, I'm not too sure what happens if you Prize Durant. Right, you can't.

In all seriousness, I think Durant has potential.

RE: Most Troll Deck Ever

Unfortunately you're opponent doesn't have to draw for their mulligan so once they see 3 mulligan hands of 7 energy, I think they'll catch on.

Yes, RogueChomp has a point, and also when you draw your hand of 7 and mulligan, you do not put your prizes down, so Durant couldn't be prized anyways.

You can use it with Hooligans Jim&Cas. Dialga EX, Malamar with Mental Trash and Red Card.

Eron said:
You can use it with Hooligans Jim&Cas. Dialga EX, Malamar with Mental Trash and Red Card.

None of those really help (except maybe Dialga), since you want your opponent to have a large hand so they have to discard as many cards as possible.

I think in a Prank Scope/Dialga deck, Durant would be pretty good, in case your opponent decides to hold cards in their hand and play an N to put lots of cards back into their deck.

Machamp The Champion said:
Eron said:

None of those really help (except maybe Dialga), since you want your opponent to have a large hand so they have to discard as many cards as possible.

I think in a Prank Scope/Dialga deck, Durant would be pretty good, in case your opponent decides to hold cards in their hand and play an N to put lots of cards back into their deck.

I hate to tell you this deck doesn't work in tournaments. After mulliganing 5 times (or whatever the judges say) You reveal cards until you draw a basic, and then shuffle and draw the other 6 cards/ prize cards.

socery said:

I hate to tell you this deck doesn't work in tournaments. After mulliganing 5 times (or whatever the judges say) You reveal cards until you draw a basic, and then shuffle and draw the other 6 cards/ prize cards.

Uh, yes, I realize it's a joke. I was just pointing out (to Eron, mostly) that those cards wouldn't be helpful with Durant in any deck, and also that I agree with BlaZofgold that Durant has potential in other decks. And I also knew about Judge Ball (yes, that's what that rule is called).

Oh man, a Durant Deck. I remember the NVI Durant craze. But with a bit of editing, this could be over-powered, and means to call Valve and plead with them to repair it.

Firstly, you're going to need more power, Scotty, and that's a fact.

-49 Steel Energy

+3 Durant: You're not going to want just one.
+4 N: Hand refresh, and in the early points in the game, you get to discard two.
+4 Skyla: Well, it's Skyla. You find Trainers. *shrug*
+4 Hugh: Not only on a small hand do you get to draw, but your opponent draws as well, meaning you get to discard another.
+2 Pokemon Fan Club: Search for your Durant, and others.
+3 Ultra Ball: I mean, it's Ultra Ball. You get to search for any Pokemon.
+3 Heavy Ball: You'll see why below.
+4 Devolution Spray: You'll see why below.
+4 Hypnotoxic Laser: Because Dragalge.
+2/2 Dragalge: Dragalge sits on the bench, and whenever your Opponent has a poisoned Pokemon, they can't retreat. This is really good in this deck. Someone ran a Snorlax variant against me, and whereas it was a close match that I could have won should I had not Beached, but Snorlax made a lot of things really tough for me. Dragalge is no different. Plus, at the end, you could be taking prizes.
+4/4/4 Aggron: Aggron is a great card with Durant, and I'll tell you why. Not only with Hugh and Ns do you get to discard cards from their deck with Durant, but with Aggron and Devolution Spray, you get to discard even more. Over, and over and over again. And it's not like they can build up N materials, because you could discard that N with Durant. With this, you could even run Sableye to get back the Devolution Spray and mill more, but that's just a suggestion.
+2 Cassius: You get to shuffle in your Aggron so you get to use him again. That's actually quite good.
+1 Dowsing Machine: You get to get back another Devolution Spray so you get to use Aggron once more. Or another Laser. Really, what have you.

With all of these combined, you can discard huge amounts of cards from your opponent's deck. It's not bad in my opinion, not bad at all.

I'm glad to see that there are people on this forum that can see past a 1 Pokemon 59 Energy deck and realize what kind of discussion something like this should actually center around. Although, truth be told, I've never heard of "Judge Ball" before. That's pretty interesting (and rather smart).

I'm wondering how fast you can ramp up a Dialga with Colress Machine...getting to discard up to 4 cards every turn is pretty amazing, although Dialga will likely just die eventually.

I remember the Houdoom/Weaville lock of HGSS era, and this deck really needs to be able to work similarly and keep their hand to a absolute minimum. Durant keeps their hands at 4, 5 after draw, but that may not be enough. Running 4 Hooligans would not be a bad idea, even though it's flippy, because a lock is a lock. The point of discard-lock decks is to force your opponent to discard crucial cards and 1-ofs, or to scrap so much of their playable hand that they are forced to Juniper and discard even more.

In a best of 3 game, you won't win. If you're opponent is greedy and mulligans 10-20 times, you might win game 1 but game 2 and 3, your opponent won't draw much of anything from it. lol

socery said:

Uh, yes, I realize it's a joke. I was just pointing out (to Eron, mostly) that those cards wouldn't be helpful with Durant in any deck, and also that I agree with BlaZofgold that Durant has potential in other decks. And I also knew about Judge Ball (yes, that's what that rule is called).

Actually, the thing here is to mullingan a lot of times, so your opponent will have a huge hand.

Back