Monster Binders

Aha, that's rather different from the Ultra-Pro premium binders I've seen at shops, is it relatively new? The ones I've seen had plastic covers and were similar in design to Monster binders.

While the Ultra Pro looks nice, the cheap synthetic cover means any attempts at customization will look cheap (learn a bit about painting, you can definitely paint leather) or completely fail (many synthetic leathers will simply catch fire if you try to etch them). That tends to put me in the "not interested" category unless I find one cheap as a standby until I do something cooler.

Edit: I was just made aware that laser etching can work very well on synthetic leather. I guess it pays to have a friend with a laser!

Is the Ultra Pro like their other binders, where the cover opens up and the pages tear?

One thing I liked about the Monster when people had it is that the cover really couldn't break, and the pages couldn't tear. All of my binders aren't like that...

I have a red one and the thing is amazing definitely worth the purchase. Plus you do not have to worry about your cards falling out.

In my honest opinion, you should use the Monster Binder. It's durable and longer lasting than others. Not to mention you would look pro with one of those things.

Hi

I've currently got my pokemon cards in soft sleeves and top loaders. However, as my collection is getting bigger I've finding I have no space left for the top loaders.

I've always been dubious about using binders to store my cards in. I know they will keep them protected and clean but I fear they will bend the cards, do binders cause the cards to bend?

I currently have a few of these binders:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280615508672&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I'm only putting holo's, primes, ex cards etc in the binders. Will they cause my cards to bend?

Looking at the pages inside the binders I have, most of the pages are on angles so I can only assume they will cause the cards to bend, or will they not?

Can anyone recommend me any binders which will be safe and not bend my cards? I know alot of people on here use binders so surely some are fine to use? I am in the UK.

I have a collection of cards worth over £2,000 pounds, so any advice will be much appreciated.

Lastly, should I also put the cards in soft sleeves before putting in the binders and should I double back or not?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure my cards stay as mint and as straight as humanly possible.

Thank-You.

Link doesn't work...

Anyway, rumors are Monster Binders will make your cards bend slightly when they're near the spine of the binder.

3 ring binders are best for lots of cards.

Sleeves might break the pages depending on the binder, but Penny Sleeves might not.

Ultra Pro Premium Pro-binders over Monster Binders, I recommend them and so do the 3 Judges and TO down in my area. They are really great and we have had zero problems with them and really nice. They are also cheaper than Monster Binders. My friend switched from Monster to Ultra Pro a month ago and said the ultra Pro was also better.

I would add Ultra Pro or Penny Sleeves to keep your cards mint condition, I personally use Penny Sleeves.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to go with either a 3 ring binder (by ultra pro) or ultra pro premium pro binder. One more question though, which one would be better if I was to fill the binder (360 cards) with EX, Prime, Legends cards etc? I know both will keep them fresh/clean but which one you would recommend not to bend the cards once the binder is full?

Thank-You.

Putting your super rares in a Ultra Pro premium binder would look more professional, and keep them better protected.

ultra pro premium pro-binder is the only way to go for your rares and holos
they are superior to monster binders.

they keep your cards nice and flat. also the spine expands, so your pages wont bend your cards.

I'm unsure of the the "card bending" issues people are having with the Monster binders, I own three myself, all completely full (1 with yu gi oh! cards and two with pokemon) and have never had a card bending issue. I highly recommend the Monster binders over any other type of portable card storage. The only downfall can be price if you're on a budget, I find that card stores usually sell them between $30 and $35, but trollandtoad.com can carry them as cheap as $23.

My local Hobbytown USA has them for $20. I would definitely say the Monster binders are the TOP binders out there. AMAZING stuff.

I got my ultra pro premium pro binder today but just had a quick question I hope someone can answer before I start filling it.

I'm only putting rare holo's/ex's/primes etc in the binder.

I'm not sure if I should put cards in every slot? If I did, they will be back to back but the cards won't be touching as there seperated by the binder. Or should I not put cards behind each other in the binder?

Which way would be more safe, in terms of not bending the cards and keeping them in the best possible condition. The cards will also be in ultra pro soft sleeves.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

I looked at one of those Ultra-Pro binders last weekend, and honestly, the pages just look cheap. I greatly prefer those of my Monster Binder.

Becky said:
I got my ultra pro premium pro binder today but just had a quick question I hope someone can answer before I start filling it.

I'm only putting rare holo's/ex's/primes etc in the binder.

I'm not sure if I should put cards in every slot? If I did, they will be back to back but the cards won't be touching as there seperated by the binder. Or should I not put cards behind each other in the binder?

Which way would be more safe, in terms of not bending the cards and keeping them in the best possible condition. The cards will also be in ultra pro soft sleeves.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

just put 1 sleeved card in each slot.
theyre designed to hold a card in each slot.
dont put two in a slot as it will stretch it out

i dont quite understand the problem of putting cards back to back on two different sides of a page though.
if anything it just adds more support as some holos tend to curve backwards

Monster binders are awesome, but everyoe seems to prefer ultra pro now. If anyone needs to get rid of an old monster binder, shoot me a PM.

Back