• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Moltres EX Energy Denial

DawnOfXatu

XXXatu
4 Moltres EX
2 Sableye
2 Fliptini
2 Roserade
2 Roselia
(12)

4 Blend GRPD
4 Plasma Energy
5 Fire Energy
(13)

1 Dowsing Machine
4 Corless
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Juniper
3 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
4 Corless Machine
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Crushing Hammer
1 Enhanced Hammer
2 Plasma Frigate
1 Switch
(35)

Strategy: Start with either Moltres EX or Sableye, and then either use Sableye to juggle hammers or bring out a quick Moltres EX and Victini for the first attack. Roserade helps you keep the deck flowing. So far I've been doing alright versus most decks except for Musharna/Ether decks, not entirely sure how to deal with that problem though.

This is a nice idea, both a new take on hammers and some way to actually use moltres. The only things I'm questioning is your choice of Ace Spec, why dowsing machine over computer search when you can already retrieve items from your discard? I also wonder about Frigate over skyarrow, but I'm sure against Keldeo decks it works great. And maybe -1 MoltresEX +1 Enhanced Hammer. I'm not sure you need that many moltres.
Also, does Musharna/Ether work consistently? I know that's not what this thread is about, but I was wondering how ether could be used well, and ether/dex doesn't seem very consistent.

I chose Dowsing Machine over Computer search so I can get another hammer on the fly without having to use Sableye. I might try to fit in a Skyarrow, as I have a problem with being Catcher stalled early in the game. Also I like to have the fourth Moltres as it ups my starts with it.

As for Mush/Ether, I'm also testing a deck that runs the engine, it works better than Pokedex, but it still isn't as consistent as Dark Patch or Eels,but it does give some new life to a handful of cards.

What about 1 Energy Search and 1 Darkness Energy? It increases your chance of getting the turn 1 Junk Hunt. Also I don't think 4 Colress is the way to go, you need something like 4 Juniper and maybe some Bianca to get your early game setup.

Back