Mod powers Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladin of Arceus

Enforcer of JUSTICE!
Do mods have the power to edit other's posts here? Also, who does the banning? Is it the mods, or do the mods recommend ban candidates to WPM for approval, or does WPM himself just hand out bans to whoever he thinks deserves them?

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=40424

This holds more information you'll want to know about how the system works.

Why you would want to know the extent of the Staff Member's powers eludes me...especially since you're a new member :p

Honestly, if i didn't know any better, i'd say you were up to no good.

He probably just wants to make sure that IF he gets banned, that the person who banned him had the authority, permission, and above all, reason to do so. In addition, if someone of the forum staff thought he had broken a rule, he would be able to justly argue his case against him/her.

Only Super Mods/Admins can temp. ban/perma. ban. Everybody can edit their own posts, but Members can't edit other people's posts. Everybody else can.

dmaster out.

Regular Mods can? When did they add that? >___>

dmaster out.

You got me there. Super Mods can IP Ban, while regular Mods can't, though.

dmaster out.

Moderators have the power to ban anything that is a post.

WPM trusts other people to become mods and help the forums go smooth, so he basically gave the mods Power to do his job.

Don't forget about making paralyzed people walk again, making the deaf people hear again, raising the dead, and unbanning the banned. (However the last one is most unlikely xD)

Regular mods can do everything except do the etra things that Super mods can do. Super mods can do EVERYTHING from banning to editing and everything else that has to do with the site except pay for it. Admins do everything including paying for the site.:)

xxashxx said:
Regular mods can do everything except do the etra things that Super mods can do. Super mods can do EVERYTHING from banning to editing and everything else that has to do with the site except pay for it. Admins do everything including paying for the site.:)

Correction, PMJ, Heavnly Spoon and Holystar are all admins but don't pay for it. So technically, WPM is the only one paying for it.

They must pay something now I am sure now that they are admins. I am almost positive they are paying for the site in some way. If they are not doing it directly they are probably paying WPM because the more admins means they pay a little to help keep the site going.:)

No. Those three aren't paying anything. The reason WPM gave them admin was

WPM said:
As I am trying to bring new content to the site, I'm going to be spending less time on the forums now (in terms of administrative stuff). In preparation for this, Heavenly Spoon and PMJ (add HolyStar here) have been promoted to admins to help me out - you may have noticed other people getting modded lately too. These people set good examples for the members, represent admirable qualities, and help out around the forums... they are nice and good people too! Who knows... we may see promotions for other people who are exceptional.

Long story short, they are here to help in a voluntary way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back