• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard MMewtwo [Post S&M]

Tyatheru

Aspiring Trainer
I really like MMewtwo's deck, but the auto-loss to Mega Gardevoir's deck made me discouraged from playing with him. With the new collection, the Mega Gardevoir deck is no longer so high , which makes the deck again viable. That being said, I'd like your feedback on possible deck changes, strategies, and tips. Do you think any of the new cards are somehow helping to improve the deck? I have seen some players replacing the Garbordor BKP 57/122 by Zoroark BKT 91/162, which gives mobility to the deck with the ability of Zoroark and Float Stone.

I'm currently playing this deck:

Pokémon [14]
(4) Mewtwo EX BKT 62/162
(3) Mega Mewtwo EX BKT 64/162
(1) Hoopa EX 36/98
(2) Shaymin EX ROS 77/108
(2) Trubish BKP 56/122
(2) Garbordor BKP 57/122

Trainers [35]
(4) Sycamore
(2) N
(2) Lysandre
(4) VS Seeker
(3) Trainer's Mail
(4) Mega Turbo
(4) Ultra Ball
(2) Parallel City
(2) Shrine of Memories
(1) Super Rod
(1) Escape Rope
(4) MMewtwo Spirit Link
(2) Float Stone

Energy [11]
(4) D.C.E
(7) Psychic

With so many pokémons with ability in the new collection, I find interesting the use of Garbordor, but the idea of mobility with Zoroark is also very good. I'd like to put Skyla, but I do not know what to get out of the deck.

I'm running a similar build with the following adjustments:

-1 Parallel City
-1 Escape Rope

+1 N
+1 Float Stone

I like the additional Parallel City but haven't really found a need for more than 1. Why the Escape Rope? It's been a while since I've played (a few months), so I'm not sure why you'd run one vs. another Float Stone.

MMY done pretty well for me, I went to a practice tournament and even though I went 3-2, one loss was because I just couldn't get my energies out. I chatted with a few people and asked what I should add and the general consensus was that Professor Kukui might be a worthwhile addition. I'm gonna try and pick up a few and maybe replace an N or a Sycamore with one.

Also I am a huge proponent of Skyla. I like the idea of running one or two, but after trying to run it in a few different builds of the deck, the problem that I keep running into is when I need to use it, I also would prefer to use another Supporter. So while it may get me a single item I need, I often times also want to use an N or a Sycamore right after it. I might try it again this week before Anaheim by removing a Sycamore or something, but I kind of doubt it considering how much it hasn't really helped me in the past.

Before I start I just want to say this is a really nice list. I recommend dropping a spirit link in place for another float stone, dropping a mega turbo for a third N for consistency, and last but not least (this one is a bit risky) cutting a shrine for another t-mail to maximize your consistency. Once again this is my opinion if you can't tell already I love to have consistency in my decks, I hope this helped!

Back