Missingno. Master's Miscellaneous Masterpieces

Missingno. Master

Aspiring Trainer
So, basically, here is where I'll post the various spriting work I've done.

missingno.gif

First, we have an animated Missingno. sprite I made. The animation consists of it floating up and down, and blinking. Kinda simple, but it's among my first forays into animated gifs, so I think I didn't do that badly with it.

chespin.png
fennekingw.png
froakie.png

Next, we got the Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie sprites I made. These are not animated, and I have no plans to animate them.

chespin.gif

Chespin menu sprite. Pretty much self-explanatory, I think.

missingnogif.gif

Another animated gif. The Ash Ketchum sprites, by the way? Also done by me.

16062608.png

All the official Pokémon sprites from R/B (plus Missingno.), recolored to more modern standards.

glitchsprites.png

Various Glitch Pokémon sprites, updated to look like they'd fit right in with more modern Pokémon games.

wild4.png

A series of doctored FireRed screenshots.

electricnormallizard.png

And last, but not least, a sprite for Helioptile, the new Electric/Normal-type.

Just because of my love for Gen 1 and anything that is done with it, I absolutely love those re-sprites. They look fantastic, although I would say there isn't as much emphasis on shading on some than others. Such as Muk or Mewtwo compared to Persian.

Great Missingno. animation too. Could be improved with a few more glitches but is pleasantly simple.

Dat alliteration.

Really nice job. I kind of like the way the Pikachu Version sprites look better than the Red and Blue ones.

These are all very interesting artworks and you did an amazing job with the recoloring of the R/B sprites. The short animation of Pikachu battling Missingno. was another thing that I found quite interesting and think you did a pretty decent job with creating it. The only thing that I would change regarding that would be the background. You may want to add surrounding objects or possibly add bases.

Now, for the 6th gen. sprites, I would try to fix the outlines of the sprites. Having an outline in a certain area and missing in other places, or having two very different colors for the outline, doesn't help with the piece's overall quality and strength. Another thing that I would work on would be the shapes of a few body parts.

Besides all that, I think you did a very nice job with all of these great pieces. Keep it up and I will be looking forward to seeing more additions soon!

jh6l.gif

To shake things up a bit, this one isn't about Pokémon, but rather about Pac-Man. A short gif I made, using sprites I made by modifying Pokémon sprites. Pac-Man is a modified Voltorb sprite, Pinky and Blinky are modified Generation III Diglett backsprites, and the Pac-dots are modified Pass Orb sprites. I have a little more in the way of Pac-Man spritework than just that, I may upload them later.

yi9s.png

Skrelp sprite, just made it this morning. The base is a Horsea sprite, the fins are Chinchou fins with the colors of a Kingdra fin, the ragged parts are modified Scrafty pants, the antennae on the back is from a Kingdra sprite, and the colors are from Weezing and Kabuto sprites.

Now that's pretty interesting, to say, that you used other parts of Pokemon to create a well-executed sprite.

I lol'd at the Pac man sprites. Keep up the great work!

2o81.png

Today I tried something I hadn't done in years- made a fusion of two different Pokémon sprites. I tried something that I thought would be a challenge- Luvdisc and Rayquaza.

I lol'd so hard at the fusion. It looks really creative and amusing. Not a bad fusion, indeed.

I'd love to see more splices. :D

Luckyfire said:
I lol'd so hard at the fusion. It looks really creative and amusing. Not a bad fusion, indeed.

I'd love to see more splices. :D
Thanks! I'm giving consideration to doing more splices in the future. I've done a lot more in the past, though those sadly died with my old computer... Anyway, for now, some of you might recall that back in Gold and Silver, Sneasel's coloration was just completely different- brown with pale blue feathers instead of black with red feathers. With that in mind, I've taken it upon myself to recolor Sneasel's FR/LG and Platinum sprites with this more "retro" look.

4s8q.png
dhqm.png

Sweet! Those should be featured in the games as some sort of event Sneasel or something!

Keep it up, dude!

Luckyfire said:
That's pretty impressive. I wonder if you can do poses...
I guess I could give it a try.

punn.png

Started working on recoloring some of the Pokémon Pinball sprites. One of those Pikachu sprites is from the options menu. And yes, one of those Slowpoke is Shiny. I might upload them individually, but not tonight.

Back