Misprint? Mistranslation? Idiocy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviduk2000

Aspiring Trainer
ok well is this just a misprint? a mistranslation? or retardedness?

10-kabutops.jpg

Top attack. specifically says "you may choose on of the opponents benched pokemon" then at the end Specify's "your opponent chooses"

so whats the deal?

Double battles. So you answer your question it isn't A, B, or C but in fact it's D: Your own retardedness.

http://www.pokemon.com/cms/pdf/op/tournaments/2009-2010/Official_Formats.pdf
Section 4.1 2-on-2 Battle

Lunar Wing said:
Double battles. So you answer your question it isn't A, B, or C but in fact it's D: Your own retardedness.

Uh, that's a bit harsh. Not everyone knows about double battles and are as smart as you.

iv only been playing and buying cards since this february. so i have never seen or heard of double battle.

Lunar Wing said:
The only reason I decided to use the words I had chosen was because of the words the OP had chosen.
You still could have been fine just saying, "Oh, that was for double battles, but you don't hear much about those anymore.".

What gets me is the "Primal Stare" pokebody. Your opponent can play any basics to evolve his or her active Pokemon.

?

Oh, and the double battles thing doesn't make sense. Just sayin'.

looool. dude, Epic Fail!

EDIT: I stopped collecting cards around 2001 and only restarted collecting in 2007, I don't even play but I still knew about double battles since they were introduced... you'll should know that information...

sturtle said:
What gets me is the "Primal Stare" pokebody. Your opponent can play any basics to evolve his or her active Pokemon.

?

Wait what? I'm trying to figure that out, but can't. Someone will just have to explain it to me.
Metalizard said:
looool. dude, Epic Fail!

EDIT: I stopped collecting cards around 2001 and only restarted collecting in 2007, I don't even play but I still knew about double battles since they were introduced... you'll should know that information...
And now he does. Really people, this is what turns people away from the game. He asks a question and we call him stupid for it. Just answer the question and don't be a smart ass about it. >_>

sturtle said:

?

Lol, this card is so messed up. xD I have this card and I never noticed this. I'm such an epic fail.

The basics part is probably with Baby Evolution. What he was trying to say is, (or what he said in a mean way) you get to choose the benched pokemon that gets brought up, but your opponent gets to choose the active, so in a double battle they can choose either of their active pokemon. I hope I cleared that up.

Correct. You choose a benched Pokemon to be switched "with 1 of the (two) Defending Pokemon". Of course in single battle, you choose a benched Pokemon and "switch it with the Defending Pokemon".

epicness...seriously,the OP did a good job of finding this card which is jus so confusing XD...never noticed it b4....and LW you need to tone down a bit...

scuba stevee said:
Wait what? I'm trying to figure that out, but can't. Someone will just have to explain it to me.
Metalizard said:
looool. dude, Epic Fail!

And now he does. Really people, this is what turns people away from the game. He asks a question and we call him stupid for it. Just answer the question and don't be a smart grass about it. >_>

Man, I didn't call him stupid... I just said if he had done some search and find out that double TCG battles were introduced a long time ago, he wouldn't had to make this thread thinking that it was retardedness from PUSA (I'm not defending PUSA btw)...

Primal stare would prevent you evolving a fossil or baby pokemon that is currently your active pokemon. Hope that cleared that up.

There is nothing wrong with the card. I still haven't seen anyone clearly explaining the card, so here it is: You pick an opponent's benched pokemon to make active. But if you're playing doubles your opponent has two pokemon active, and the card had to specify how you decided which of those pokemon would be switched. Hence, your opponent decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back