Mirror's Edge

Toxic

TCG Player and Old Deck Collector
Has anyone here played this game? What did you think about it? I'm thinking of getting it soon and I need to know if it's worth the $50 or if it's just rent-worthy. For anyone who hasn't heard of the game Mirror's Edge here's a quick plot summary:

Mirror's Edge takes place in an unnamed metropolis where a totalitarian regime monitors its citizens through invasive surveillance, tracking all forms of electronic communication in order to reduce crime and quell any challenge to its power; an upcoming mayoral election seeks to retain Mayor Callaghan in power to keep the government's control on the city, though a new favored candidate Robert Pope promises to bring change to the city. The Eurasian protagonist, Faith, is a "Runner", a person trained to stay out of sight and to use rooftops and other means to help deliver physical messages between revolutionary groups within the city. Faith along with another Runner, Celeste, were both trained by Mercury who also provides radio support for the two.

The demo is available on Xbox Live (not sure if it's available on PSN, I don't own a PS3) and it consists of the training mission at the beginning of the game and a quick 5 minute mission to let you see what the game has to offer. The game was released on November 13th.

Seen demo. Looks awesome. Heard mixed reviews. :F

dmaster out.

Here's the deal: Can the game be beat in a short amount of time? Definitely. Is it still worth it? Probably. There is alot of replay value since hard mode is unlocked as well as time trial. The game is very difficult, especially if you're going for the "Have Faith" achievement (never use a gun to shoot an enemy). I certainly recommend this game, if not a buy, definitely a rent. It IS worth playing.

Back