• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mill Bomb (Weezing / Bunnelby)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
MILL BOMB

250px-110Weezing.png

Pokémon (12):

• 2 Shaymin EX XY6 (draw)
  • 4 Bunnelby XY5 (discard)
  • 3 Weezing XY10 (discard)
  • 3 Koffing XY10 (evolve)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (38):
  • 3 Team Rocket's Handiwork (discard)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Delinquent (control)
  • 4 N (draw)
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer (discard)
  • 4 Crushing Hammer (discard)
  • 2 Battle Compressor (control)
  • 4 Trainers' Mail (search)
  • 4 Trick Shovel (discard)
  • 4 Vs Seeker (retrieve)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Dimensional Valley (enable)
Energy (10):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

Start with either Koffing or Bunnelby. Evolve into Weezing and use Trainer's Mail to search for Battle Compressor and Trick Coin. Attach Trick Coin to Weezing and start to mill. Discard additional cards with Trick Shovel and Team Rocket's Handiwork to ensure that the deck can discard four to five cards from the opponent's deck each turn.

Last edited:
The thing that makes mill decks really good are the energy discarding cards. I reccomend adding some hammers and flare grunts

Hi MystikX,

Thanks for the review. I am a Delinquent fan and included one in the revised decklist.

Hi LunaticHypno,

Thanks for the review. That is a valid argument. Included Crushing Hammer and Enhanced Hammer into the deck. Not sure on Flare Grunt since most of the time the deck would like to use Team Rocket`s Handiwork to discard additional cards.

Hi MystikX,

Thanks for the review. I am a Delinquent fan and included one in the revised decklist.

Hi LunaticHypno,

Thanks for the review. That is a valid argument. Included Crushing Hammer and Enhanced Hammer into the deck. Not sure on Flare Grunt since most of the time the deck would like to use Team Rocket`s Handiwork to discard additional cards.
Glad I helped! I was thinking that maybe a few mew from Fates Collide, would be beneficial, so you could "burrow" for free in a tight situation, since you have dimension Valley. I'm building a houndoom mill deck, and it is pretty similar to your list, with the difference of attackers. I would definitely include some trick coin. It helps when a coin hates you that game. *looks into the distance and a tear runs down his face. He was remembering that one game when his crushing hammers and Rockets handiwork were all tails*

Nice deck! Weezing certainly looks like a very fun card.

Have you considered potentially using Breakpoint Durant as a backup miller? With some Rainbow Energy to damage the Durants for their 2nd attack, you could replace your Psychic for Grass and potentially get rid of the Bunnelbys. I suppose Bunnelby is more consistent, but it seems like this deck is sort of a "turbo mill" build.

Hi TheLunaticHypno,

Thanks for the review. Mew only copies attacks from your own Basic Pokémon. This leaves Bunnelby as the only valid target and mew would not be able to attack twice. He could work with Houndoom Ex but i wanted a deck with little to no Pokémon Ex. Durant would be another option to use with Mew instead of Houndoom Ex but it is not that easy to get the damage on the Pokémon without knocking them out. Used to have Trick Coin in the deck for weezing but had to take them out since I did not have the space to run them in addition to Hammers.

Hi Ms Hugo,

Thanks for the review. I also considered a variant with Mew and Durant but I failed to find a consistent a reliable means to inflict self-damage to enable Durant and Mew to attack turn one without having to use Team Magma's stadium card and Rainbow Energy which makes the deck real vulnerable to spread damage due to the low HP of the Pokémon. You are correct in assuming that I would like to run this deck as a turbo mill deck that can discard a consistent number of five cards from the opponent´s deck each turn.

Hi TheLunaticHypno,

Thanks for the review. Mew only copies attacks from your own Basic Pokémon. This leaves Bunnelby as the only valid target and mew would not be able to attack twice. He could work with Houndoom Ex but i wanted a deck with little to no Pokémon Ex. Durant would be another option to use with Mew instead of Houndoom Ex but it is not that easy to get the damage on the Pokémon without knocking them out. Used to have Trick Coin in the deck for weezing but had to take them out since I did not have the space to run them in addition to Hammers.
I see your point, but I was just saying to add maybe one or two, in case you are dead drawing, so you could at least use burrow once, for free with dimension valley. On the topic of Durant, unless you have the rainbow energy/ magma stadium, like you said.

In the current Standard format, Dimension Valley rotated out, as well as Battle Compressor. So, these cards need to be updated, as well as any others that may have rotated out.

Just given the relative low HP of your Pokémon, they can be easily KOd; so, will you be able to mill your opponent's deck faster than he/she can take 6 prizes? To help enhance your game-winning odds, I'd suggest adding 2 sets of cards:

1. Puzzle of Time (4 count) in order to recover and reuse valuable, discarded resources, like Hammers, and
  2. Ace Trainer in order to keep your opponent's hand size low which may make your Delinquent play more effective.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back