• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mighteyena's Attack (seniors-cities)

Liriane

Writer
Here's my 1st post; my cities deck. Please tell me what you think!
Mighteyena's Attack
Pokemon:

4-4 Mighteyena pl
2 Honchkrow g pl
2 Uxie la
3 Skuntank g pl
2-1-2 Nidoqueen rr

T/S/S:

4 Rare Candy
1 Moo Moo Milk
2 Warp Point
3 Super Scoop Up
1 Life Herb
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Looker's Investigation
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
1 Twins
2 Seeker
1 Copycat
1 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Cynthia's guidance
1 Team Rocket's trickery
1 Volkener's Philosophy
1 Broken Time Space
1 Champion's Room
2 Expert belt

Energy:

3 Basic Dark {D}
3 Basic Psychic {P}
1 Double Colorless {C}{C}
2 Rescue {C}

Strategy: Speedily get your Mighteyena active with a benched Skuntank G. Poison stucture w/ your stadium (Honchkrow g is a big help there) to poison Mighteyena. Either already have Nidoqueen benched or get there ASAP, so poison does no damage. Use desprate attack repeatedly (because of cold feet all attack costs are free if you're poisoned) for (usually) 80+ damage, use expert belt if u need more to K.O. I've found this is a decent counter to the Gengar decks, and it doesn't have very many problems w/ trainer lock, but please tell me your opinion and any ideas for improvement, thanks!

You don't really need 4 candies if you only have 2 guys to go from basic to stage 2. I don't really see the need for honchy. He sets up the stadium but that's about it. I'd put in a Cyrus' conspiracy or 2. Actually you should bump honchy and add 2 Cyrus. That or add 1 Cyrus and a few sableye just for beginning setup. I'd run. At least 2 maybe 3 or 4. You've got a good deck idea though. Would you mind telling me how to change the stupid magikarp bait name. I'm sick of being called magikarp bait since magikarp is such a crappy pokemon. Ticks me off

But that's the point with honchkrow g. No energy goes a long way, and only 2 stadiums are being played. Trade the Rare Candy for more BTS(2 for 2). Moomoo Milk is ok, but you are running Nidoqueen, may not be necasssry. And Seeker beats SSU.

bpalmer makes most sense. You need more stadiums for consistency, even Glalie AR could unclog your hand, and do good damage to Blaziken FB X. I know it's not much of a threat, but a 2-2 line could save you.

that's what honchkrow is for, and i don't know any other stadiums 2 use.
P.S. So i should put in glalie?

Contest hall is kinda bad but it helps for poison and can get out a basic. Miasma valley after you finished seting up to put damaga on opponent.

I am a little reluctant to have more BTS, and here's why: Skuntank needs for ME to have a stadium in play, so if my opponent has BTS in play, i'm stuck. is that jus me being illogical, or should i just put in more champion's room or miasma (i have no contest hall)?

Your heal lineup is a waste.
You DEFINITELY do not want Life Herb if the point of your deck is to poison yourself. Use regular potions or something.
Personally I would go for another bebe's or pokemon collector and a miasma valley in place of your moomoo milk and life herb.

Miasma Valley is a great option. That plus Mightyena's attack plus poison damage (from Skuntank G) reaches the magic number of 110.
Take out all the basic dark energy. If you want any, add in special dark, since that helps get the extra damage you need. You also might want to add in 1 more DCE just to be sure to be able to get it when you need it.

I dont know, having the basic energies in there allows him to get past scizor prime...
Unless no one else really uses a deck based around that scizor.

Liriane? From Serebii? Oh my gosh, didn't know you joined the beach, welcome. I quit Serebii a while ago because the TCG section was terrible and the RPGs were out, I'm Nidoprince on there, the one that ran the TCG club and was part of yours :) I see you remember my Mightydonk, no? I've gotten a lot better since I was on, been playing for a year now. If you're not the same Liriane, forget I said anything lol.

Try doing this:

-2-1-2 Queen (Mightyena's too fast for queen)
-1 Skuntank (You only need two)
-1 Milk (???)
-1 Life Herb (???)
-3 Psychic (Since Queen is out)
-1 Mightyena (you'll see)
-1 Lookers
-1 Volkner's
-1 Rocket
-1 Guidance (Trying to get a more stable draw line)

+3 BTS (Needed for donk)
+1 PONT (Good hand refresh)
+2 Judge OR Cynthia's feelings (Helps when deck is running low)
+1 Collector (You need at least 3)
+1 Com (You need at least 3)
+1 SSU (Max this)
+2 Houndoom G (Dialga)
+1 Champ's Room (Helps with retreating) OR -1 Champ's Room +2 Contest Hall
+1 Mightyena LA (OMG, your SP matchup just got so much better)
+1 Of the stadiums you didn't choose (If you ran a mix-match, go for the extra Contest Hall)
+1 Uxie (Need 3 in a donk deck without Claydol nowadays)
+1 Palmer's

Also consider Reversals, Crobat G+Poketurn, and E gain. Also ditch the basic dark for special dark. Hope I helped!

Yes, it's me. I'm glad to see you here, Tyranniking, keep up the good work! Now, back to buisness, I keep Nidoqueen in there for 3 reasons:
1. in case the battle becomes drawn out (i.e. Nidoking w/ 200 something health)
2. Because Mighteyena only has 90 health, he'll die really fast if i don't
3. I don't know about where u live, but around here there are no donk decks (besides honchkrow g) because everyone sets up so fast, it would be suicide. that might not make sense, but trust me, we can't donk over here :(.
Other than that, i like a lot of the suggestions! What do you guys think of me ditching the heals for 2 miasma valley?

2 Miasma Valley all the way. Gets you to 110 damage with poison, and the only way it's not there is against GCX when it discards the DCE.

Doesn't Miasma Valley make your deck even more suicidal? I mean, ten each turn with poison, then 20 from Miasma?

Anyhow, the reason I say no Nidoqueen is because I never set it up. I try, but it doesn't work. If you're going to run heal, run Blissey PL. Nidoqueen is nice late game though, but it needs to be tested.

Does anyone play Dialga where you are?

Don't worry, i tested it w/ nidoqueen and it won 8/10 games. the two i lost one i null drew and the other i was donked. with nidoqueen, you just set up 2 mighteyena and retreat ad get healed if one gets hurt too badly. i think i'll replace the life herb and the moomoo milk w/ two miasma valley so tht after i set up it does disruption, what do u think?
P.S. i don't think here is any dialga...

Lucky. Found my old list:

Pokemon (18):

4-3 Mightyena PL
0-1 Mightyena LA
2 Skuntank G
2 Honchkrow G
2 Crobat G
3 Uxie
1 Regice LA

Trainers (16):

4 Pokedex
4 Poketurn
3 Communication
2 Night Teleporter
2 SSU
2 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball

Supporters (8):

3 Collector's
2 Bebe's
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Palmer's

Tools (3):

2 Expert Belt
1 Energy Gain

Stadiums (4):

4 BTS

Energy (4):

4 Special Dark

Took out the stuff that wasn't tournament legal anymore, may give you some ideas. I like how Triumphant gave such a boost to the deck with Rescue Energy.

Back