• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mienshao / Voltorb / Brst Balloon

Luxray

Aspiring Trainer
So I was working to make a mienshao deck(to replace donphan in standard) and I was trying to pair it with voltorb and burst balloon, because this way my walls can hit back! I have not tested it much yet and was looking for some advice.

Pokemon: 15
  • 4 Mienfoo
  • 3 Mienshao
  • 4 Voltorb(with destiny burst ability)
  • 2 Dedenne
  • 1 Hawlucha
  • 1 Mr. Mime
Trainers: 38
  • 4 Korrina
  • 3 teammates
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Steven
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Time Puzzle
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 4 Burst Baloon
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Focus Sash
  • 4 Robo Substitute
  • 1 Eco Arm
  • 1 Professor's Letter
Energy: 7
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 3 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

This deck is supposed to hit with mienshao, who then returns to your hand to avoid damage. Either a robo substitute, hawlucha(with focus sash) or voltorb(with burst balloon) then becomes active to take damage in it's stead. Voltorb's ability does 50 damage to whoever knocks it out, so paired with burst baloon that makes 110 damage. to avoid damage, your opponent either needs to lysandre a mienfoo or use both a hex maniac and a startling megaphone. This is devastating to vespiqueen, night march, and anything else with low health. Robo sub can be used to get an advantage in the prize trade or to stall while setting up. Every time your voltorb is knocked out, it gives you an opportunity to use teammates, which gives you a lot of search power combined with puzzle of time.

Back