Midnight Designers:: Redux [GFX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerdSparks

PM GFX Requests
logo-midnight.png

Legend of the Midnight Designers:

It was at the stroke of midnight when they gathered.
At the darkest of the abyss, which no one found but them--and me.
I ran from the fear of being caught, but to no avail.
--
We have been expecting you, the leader said.
--
You will be a talented member with all your experience , he said.
--
At what?, I asked.
--
He replied, At graphics designing…
--
And that was how I became a member of The Midnight Designers…

Welcome to the Midnight Designers, the capital of Graphics on PokeBeach. This is a place where Graphic Designers can closely interact with other graphics designers to improve and hone their own abilities, as well as augment the skill of designers all across PokeBeach.

Members
Lead Designer
LilSparks101
Assistant Designer
Gliscor

Advanced Designers
LilSparks101: Gimp
Gliscor: Photoshop CS2: 31 Points

[size=x-small]Intermediate Designers
PokeFanJosh: Photoshop CS4: 52
FatalAeroX: Photoshop CS2: 38 Points

Novice Designers
AadmM: Adobe Illustrator: 20 Points
Pokemaister899: Gimp: 23 Points
Sweet Dawn Berlitz: Paint.net: 13 Points
HeroofSinnoh: Photoshop/Gimp: 20 Points
SPM3 Photoshop CS3: 20 Points
Hyperbeem: Paint.Net: 18 Points
Yurk Bakura Photoshop: 12 Points
Aggiegwyn: Photoshop Elements: 10 Points

Newest Designers
EPM: Gimp: 10 Points
dragonspit999: GIMP: 10 Points
[/size]

Username and Nickname?:
Program of Choice?:
Experience?:
Gallery of Choice (Link Please)?:

Planned Events/Clan ONLY Contest
Banner Contest: PokeFanJosh
SoTW Contest: Week 1
MD Render Project

Make-A-Banner Projects:
1)Create a banner to represent the clan
2)Creating a Tutorial

Design Projects:
1)Create a short story for the clan as an introduction.
A little intro to be added to the Main Post. Has to be creative.
2)Custom Clan User bar Creation
Make your own userbar
3)Avatar Design Contest
Like how Xous made his own template for avatars, we want you to make the next new hot thing.

Official Projects:
1) Renders Photobucket Username: "MDRedux" --- Password: "midnight"
Upload any render you want to this account, and hopefully others will do the same for you. This is our own render gallery so be courteous and nice. Renders do not have to be yours but do not take credit for them.
2) Gliscor's Render Project
Post any pokemon render that you make so that you can help other members gather an assortment of renders.
3)GFX Tag Contest by PokeFanJosh
4)SoTW 1

Contest Points:
+1 for Submitting a render to Gliscor/MD's render project(s)
+1 for Posting a Tag/Work
+2 for Submitting a clan logo
+5 for Creating a usable short story introduction
+3 for Participating in the MD Render Project
+5 for Creating a legible and Tag Critique
+8 for Creating a clan header
+10 for Registering for the Midnight Designers
+10 for making a liked and usable Tutorial

Alternates:
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/lilsparks267/MidnightDesignerRedux.png by LilSparks101

Member-Made
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6833/midnightdesigners.png by FatalAeroX
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h394/pokemaister899/mdr.png by Pokemaister

Questions
What do we do here?
We discuss art, and post our latest projects for others to see or get advice on.

Don't we have sections for that?
Yes but this is for friendly and quick rates. This also allows for you to get suggestions before you even start your project!

How do I become an advanced designer?
By a Co-leader or another advanced designer acknowledging you as someone who belongs in that placement. Until then your considered novice.

What do I do with Contest Points?
Contest points will allow you to move up in the Midnight Designers. Once you get 30 points you are considered a Intermediate automatically; 80 points make you an Advanced Designer. This is the only way to move up in ranks besides being recommended. This can also serve as a clan score board to determine the most valuable member.

What does HOT, COOL, COLD mean?
They are to let you know what the most current clan discussions are. Hot topics should be talked about the most, and are. Cool topics are things that only need a little input, or are dying down. Cold topics should be left alone until they are made cool or hot again by a clan leader.

Topics of Discussion
1)[NEW][HOT]SoTW Topic
2)[COOL]How do you like the main post design?
3)[COLD]What's usually the last things you do to finish your tag?
4)[COLD]Do you any ideas for the clan?
5)[COOL]Favorite SoTW Theme?

*Approved*

Please remember to PM Group Applications to the Group Leader (lilsparks101)

dmaster out.

Welcome to our newest member, EPM. He is a Gimp User, and the official first member of the MD.

Update: Starting the render photobucket: http://s1112.photobucket.com/upload/albums/MDRedux/
pw is midnight

Welcome to our two newest members PokeFanJosh and Pokemaister. PokeFanJosh is a photoshop user with 11 months experience, and Pokemaister prefers Gimp. I hope you both enjoy your stay here.

@EPM: I know you will ^_^

Also does anyone care to critique the Head Banner, and my signature?

Both look very good.

And one thing I'm looking for is user-made GIMP tutorials, most of my work is MS-Paint quality and I would like to improve that. :(
Also I don't get the GIMP tutorials.

You logo for the thread is very nice! You banner in your signature in my opinion is kinda dark, I can't tell what it is suppose to be exactly. But it is good.

www.amaestrog.deviantart.com

Those are all of my tutorials, and I can/will explain anything until you understand. Just let me know.

Additonally this is a lot more simple:

http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/beginning-with-gimp-starting-tutorial-for-new-users-t34772s0.html

I think the head banner could have a few adjustments. Like a better font and maybe clipping mask instead of just the same blue colour. Just my opinion but it's up to you ^^

Welcome 3 new members, one of which being our official Assistant Designer (Co-Leader).

Welcome our Assistant Designer, Gliscor. He is our first advanced designer, and is a user of photoshop.
Welcome AadmM, our second Advanced designer. He is an awesome Adobe Illustrator user, and can be looked to for help in that catergory (Vector Design).
Last but not least welcome to HeroOfSinnoh, our newest member who's a user of both Gimp and Photoshop.

I hope you all enjoy your stay here, and start posting ^_^

I think you made a mistake, lipspark. I use Photoshop CS2 (but I wish I had CS4).

I recently just posted the Render Thread on the Lilycove Art Museum. It's basically a thread for you to post and share your renders, so that you might not have to do them yourself.

I looked into the MD renders, lilsparks, and instead of making it an account, you should have the render project as a group on Photobucket. That way people don't have to keep logging in and out to upload renders there.

Gliscor:I more did it as a database of render, rather than a literal project. I don't know if that makes sense...

Welcome to our newest member Aggiegwyn, a Photoshop elements user. She is a very talented artist and likes to combine her art skills with her graphics skills. She is a welcomed addition to our crew ^_^

What does everyone think of the project list/design projects?

Thanks!
^_^"

Anyways, I decided to test my smudging skill and try it with a human character. If you have a dA, feel free to comment or give suggestion, if not, just pot it here.
http://aggielexi.deviantart.com/#/d34per1

Very nice aggiegwyn ^_^

Just making sure the first thing in your gallery is what I supposed to look at right?

Guys, I need some help. I'm truthfully is a fail at rendering. I saw Gliscor and Lilsparks have some wonderful renders on Gliscor's Render project.
I use Photoshop CS4. Can you guys give me some hints on how to get a quality render done?
Thanks in advance.

Hope this is a usable story...=D

Code:
It was at the stroke of midnight when they gathered. At the darkest of the darkest place which nobody found out except for them...and me. I ran from the fear of being caught be them but to no avail. 

‘We have been expecting you’, the leader said.

‘You will be a promising member with your talents and skills’, he said again. 

‘At what?’, I asked.

He replied, ‘At graphics designing…’

And that was how I became a member of The Midnight Designers…

Edit:
Render Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back