Mewtwo / Sigilyph / Tornadus

nomis78

Aspiring Trainer
So after reviewing some of the scans on the front page I think I may have figured the deck I want to start off with when Blast releases.

I posted this in the RIP thread but I wouldn't mind some input on what you thing to the combination.

2x Tornadus EX
2x Mewtwo EX
4x Sigilupe

-

Rock Gaurd ACE SPEC
Eviolite x4
Silver Mirror x4
Rocky Helmet x4
Silver Bangle x4

Supports consist of N, Cheren and Colress

4x DCE
8x psychic

and im still deciding on my other trainers atm but possibly hypno lasers/virbanks/pokecentre

--

Essentially Tornadus is used to wall and keep refreshing your hand while you set up Sigilyph's 4 tool ability, something like Rock Gaurd, Eviolite, silver mirror, silver bangle:

Could turn Sigilyph into a really interesting card as it wouldn't take damage from Plasma cards which would counter genesect nicely, has an attack of 100 which deals nicely with basics, theres a 60 or 30 damage penalty for attacking (depending which rocky item is attacked) it plus any attacks are reduced by 20 thanks to eviolite.

Combine these with mewtwo to counter non plasma energy based attackers such as vannilluxe/blastoise and maybe a pokecentre to heal your siglyphs.

This is the first deck that I have planned out from scratch without just reformatting something that allready exists so would really appreciate peoples input on anything I might not have thought about

RE: Mewtwo/Sigilyph/Tornadus

Will be interesting to see if / how Sigilupe is used. Cobalion EX would be big trouble - DCE is your only way to speed up energy & he'll discard, plus not plasma & resistant to psychic. Lots of cards can 1 shot a 110 HP card, and good players will expect rock guard & save tool scrapper until it's on (unless they play all plasma & need to get rid of mirror, in which case they probably have multiple scrapper). Sigilupe not plasma, so Chatot would be a real nightmare discarding all of your tools, but unlikely to see him. Mr. Mime maybe to prevent bench damage. If you use Virbank remember goes both ways & HTL would destroy little Sigy quick.

Tornadus isn't necessary for setting up your Sigis' tools imo There isn't really any set-up you need to do with them, you just drop 4 tools on it the turn you play it down.

I also really recommend EXP share, because you need 2 energy to attack with Sigi.

tripfour1 said:
Sigilupe not plasma, so Chatot would be a real nightmare discarding all of your tools

Actually not so much, Mirror would prevent the effect of Chatots attacks according the the professors I have spoken to about the deck

As for Cobalion I haven't seen all to many get played while I've been playing so it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I just need to get 1 or 2 more cards and the deck is ready to go, once I have some play time with the deck I'll come back if theres any good news to report :)

Don't know if it would be viable at all but have you thought about using sableye to recover lost tools like rock guard/mirror? You could always swap some psychic for prisms or blend so you don't have to worry as much about getting the wrong or dead energy cards. Just a thought

I hadnt considered that no, I have an interesting build at the moment using 3 sigi, 1 mr mime (for bench defense) 2 mewtwo and two tornadus, I may try the sableye instead of the Mr Mime however as he doesn't seem to be that critical.

One thing I have found is that the deck suffers in speed for a set up. I'm wondering about going down the Colres machine/plasma energy route to try and help that.

Back