• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mewtwo/Garbordor

Yakkov

Shiny Hunter, Event Collector, and Breeder
I want to know if I can get any advice on making this deck a bit better. If you could give me feedback on this deck and any suggestions for change please do!

Thank you!

Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List

Pokémon - 15

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

1 Hoopa STS 51

1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

4 Mewtwo-EX PR-XY XY107

3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 64

2 Trubbish BKP 56

2 Garbodor BKP 57

Trainer Cards - 34

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

1 Escape Rope PRC 127

3 Shrine of Memories PRC 139

1 Super Rod BKT 149

2 Lysandre AOR 78

1 Karen PR-XY XY177

3 Ultra Ball FLF 99

3 N NVI 92

3 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144

1 Parallel City BKT 145

1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104

3 Float Stone BKT 137

3 Mega Turbo ROS 86

3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

3 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 11

7 Psychic Energy Energy

4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111

Strategy

My main attacker for this deck is obviously Mewtwo EX. I use the move Shatter Shot until I can mega evolve into M Mewtwo EX to use its move Psychic Infinity to inflict massive damage. I ran Hoopa from STS to help with the mirror matches, and to help me put some damage on other decks like Gyarados.

Last edited:
I'd suggest incorporating a Tauros GX and a Ninja Boy (for -1 Karen (not that strong in Standard format games, IMO) and -1 Psychic). Tauros GX, released with SM set, is a Basic Pokémon with 3 strong attacks and can be used to take some surprise KOs with Ninja Boy.

I'd also suggest replacing 1 Float Stone with an Olympia to provide a Supporter-based "Switch" that can be reused via VS Seeker.

Lastly, have you considered using Professor Kukui for damage output boost, as well as supplemental card-draw support?

I'd suggest incorporating a Tauros GX and a Ninja Boy (for -1 Karen (not that strong in Standard format games, IMO) and -1 Psychic). Tauros GX, released with SM set, is a Basic Pokémon with 3 strong attacks and can be used to take some surprise KOs with Ninja Boy.

I'd also suggest replacing 1 Float Stone with an Olympia to provide a Supporter-based "Switch" that can be reused via VS Seeker.

Lastly, have you considered using Professor Kukui for damage output boost, as well as supplemental card-draw support?

I have considered Professor Kukui for my deck, but I am unsure what to replace. I got some tips from @Mega Meganium and @Frosstoise on the Skype chat that transitioned the deck into this list:

Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

4 Mewtwo-EX PR-XY XY107

3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 64

2 Trubbish BKP 56

2 Garbodor BKP 57

Trainer Cards - 35

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

2 Shrine of Memories PRC 139

2 Lysandre AOR 78

1 Karen PR-XY XY177

4 Ultra Ball FLF 99

3 N NVI 92

4 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144

1 Parallel City BKT 145

3 Float Stone BKT 137

3 Mega Turbo ROS 86

4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 11

7 Psychic Energy Energy 5
4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111

I personally use Karen for Vespiquen decks, or decks that drop Pokemon into their discard pile for more attack power.

Last edited:
Bum-pity Bump

If anyone else has any other suggestions on how I can make my current build better then please let me know =3

Back