• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mewtwo Eelektrik

LucarioXFroslass

Bug Catcher
This is what my current Eelektrik deck is turning into. I would like some suggestions to add variety to an Eelektrik deck. I'd like to experiment with some different ideas.

Pokemon: 12
3 Mewtwo EX
1 Raikou EX
1 Zekrom (sadly lacks the luster it used to have =( )
3 Eelektrik
2 Tynamo (with Spark)
2 Tynamo (with Thunder Wave)

Trainers: 35
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
3 Skyla
1 Skyarrow Bridge
1 Computer Search
3 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Eviolite
2 Max Potion
1 Tool Scrapper
3 Switch
1 Super Rod

Energy: 13
4 Double Colorless Energy
9 Lightning Energy

~L_X_F

I added it when I found I had trouble retreating after KO's in order to best use Dynamotor and to conserve energy. With three Skyla and a Computer Search, I find that getting it is not much of a problem when I need to get it. However, it is sometimes difficult to find a time to use my Supporter for the turn to get the Skyarrow Bridge. If I did find room to add the second Skyarrow Bridge, I would still rather use it to add an Emolga because it's much more searchable, provides me with the free retreat later game when I need it, and it's fantastic starter material with its fighting resistance and Call for Family.

~L_X_F

Okie dokie.

To start with, I refer you to my original decklist. http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-mewtroll?page=1

you really should have 4 Mewtwo EX. That is the deck. Other card slots should be devoted to speed-based techs that get Mewtwo rolling or give it some sort of edge.

So here is what I would do.

+ 1 Mewtwo EX - Having 4 will really do nothing in terms of Prize loss as you will likely be behind by 2-4 prizes in any given game before the deck takes off.

-Raikou EX - The single snipe really has no edge in this format and takes up too much time as a tech. Given the nature of the Fighting Based decks, it also becomes a liability more than an asset, potentially costing you games as an easy prize against Something/Terrakion.

- Tool Scrapper - This is going to be a harder card to get into, even with Skyla and Computer Search. Most people run 2 of these in a deck and have started to drop Eviolite making this a dead draw.

- Eviolite - Tools really have become a dead draw for some decks that really do not need it. Mewtwo will still Get KO'd for weakness and only 20 Damage off of a Nightspear from Darkrai is not all that much considering the 30 Snipe against your Eels in most situations.

+ 2 Max Potion - This is an ESSENTIAL card to keeping Mewtwos around in any favorable matches. Hammertime could be prevealent, yes, and you may be discarding a TON of energy, but look at it this way, Dynamotor is going to set them up regardless.

- Skyarrow - Removing the single Retreat of your Mewtwo is really going to do nothing for you as you have to pay a cost any way - better to get rid of the DCE when you need to than anything else, as they really are fodder in this situation.

- Zekrom - As posted, it really lacks the oomph that it once had, simply due to changes in the game since Black And White was released.

+ Switch - adding another to keep a powered up Two active after a KO

- 1 Bianca
-1 Skyla
These two are nice, but you really do not need all of that support. The N and Junpier do all of the hard work for you. The Skyla is for searching out the Items you need to get the consistant KOs or defending as much as you can, and the Bianca will litterally force you to draw your deck out in situations where you can't afford to.

+ 3 Energy Switch - You will probably want to find room to work in 4, but you will need them to get those energy on to a new attacker or to boost an already active attacker.

If I have done my math right you should have room for one more card. I'd recommend tossing in another Super Rod to get back Eels, or perhaps swtiching out the Computer Search for a Gold Potion. The reason I suggest Gold Potion is to add insult against Night Spear, but this will really come down to preferance.

I think Raikou EX is a great card to use in this deck as it helps versus other Eelektrik decks and lets me chase down KO's if my opponent swaps out the active Pokemon.

Tool Scrapper is also safe to play one of, in my opinion, because it does hurt the opponent who plays Tools. It is very useful for utility, and I have found that one is a good number. More than that wouldn't be too necessary.

The Eviolite has saved my Mewtwo EX versus Rayquaza EX in quite a few instances where I'm able to prevent them from getting more than three energy to discard for their attack. It also prevents Mewtwo EX from being knocked out by a Landorus EX with only a Land's Judgement and a Hammerhead attack. I've found it so useful in plenty of situations, and I expect to be using it for a while.

The Skyarrow Bridge is basically dedicated to turning my Tynamo into free retreat Pokemon. It lets me power up benched Pokemon with Dynamotor and retreat into them. It also helps conserve energy on my Mewtwo EX. It's something that I'd also like to keep unless I use free-retreat basic Pokemon that prove to replace Skyarrow Bridge.

I use Zekrom in this deck because it hits for a lot of damage and can knock out Sigilyph, Rayquaza, Bouffalant, Mew EX, and Shaymin EX, amongst other Pokemon. It's still great, but I can't use a bunch of them to the success that I would like.

Adding another Max Potion or two would be great, but the Switch is nothing I need, though the Energy Switch is tempting to add. Unfortunately, I don't agree with any of the card exchanges you have suggested, but I'd love to work at changing some things about the deck. I feel the reasoning for my card choices are just, but I would love to hear more reasoning for alternative choices.

~L_X_F

Back