Ruling Mewtwo d DS

kravenace

Cynthia is <3
cant find on compedium >.<

let's say if there's a mewtwo d DS on the active, then a blaziken with 4 BASIC energies on the bench... if i put a mewtwo d DS on the bench can it's pokepower transfer energy from blaziken to mewtwo d DS on the active?

Delta Switch
Once during your turn, when you put Mewtwo from your hand onto your Bench, you may move any number of basic Energy cards attached to your Pokemon to your other Pokemon (excluding Mewtwo) in any way you like.

Thx in advance !

yes...as long is u not transfering to the Mew2 with the power that ur'e currently using u can also use ur active Mew2's power as well.

My answer is going by how I interpret Delta Switch...

Mewtwo-d's Delta Switch is self referencing, so the Mewtwo-d which is played from your hand to use Delta Switch cannot accept any energies, but other Mewtwos can. So yes you can move energy from any pokemon to any other pokemon as long as it doesn't involve the Mewtwo-d which uses Delta Switch.

I agree with Abhorsen. Whenever a Pokemon's name is stated on a card, it is self-referencing itself unless it says otherwise (example: Mark of Antiquity Poke-Power). So you should replace Mewtwo's name with the phrase, "this Pokemon."

Otehr examples of when this rule would apply would be:
Deoxys ex (DX)
Camerupt ex (EM)

No, because Shiftry LM clearly states 'any Shiftry'. Mewtwo-d doesn't say 'any', and it's worded so that it is self-referencing.

Back