• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

MewBox/Vileplume 2.0 (Post-EP)

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (23)

4 Mew Prime TR
3-2-2 Vileplume UD
0-0-2 Jumpluff HS
0-0-1 Pidgeot TR
2-2 Zoroark BW
0-2 Muk UD
1-1 Sunflora HS
1 Aipom UL

Trainers/Supporters (22)

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Rare Candy
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Copycat
3 Twins
2 Flower Shop Lady

Energies (15)

7 Psychic
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Double Colorless

Deck Total: 60

Credit goes to hdubbz and Vysekun from http://google.com/ for the deck concept. The strategy of this deck is to achieve a T1 See Off with Mew Prime to send either Jumpluff or Pidgeot to the Lost Zone to use their attacks. I think you'd want to start off with Muk or Jumpluff first in the Lost Zone.

With Pidgeot in the Lost Zone you can have Mew Prime use Headwind on their heavy hitters for a DCE which increases my Opponent's Active Pokemon's attack costs by 2 energies. It's a nice strategy for stalling out til you See Off Jumpluff and start Mass Attacking with Mew Prime. With Vileplume out they can't use Switch to bail out their Active or use Pokemon Reversal or Pokemon Catcher to target your benched Pokemon.

Muk helps me Sludge Drag any Pokemon for 1 Psychic and helps me stall a bit besides Headwind with Pidgeot, with Jumpluff in my Lost Zone I can Mass Attack for alot of damage or Leaf Guard to get around Donphan Prime early game. Zoroark is my Stage 1 attacker and can come in handy for Foul Play to copy attacks and Revenge KO plenty of Pokemon.

The Sunflora tech is of course for Sunshine Grace to help me try to achieve a T2 Vileplume with Rare Candy If I have an Oddish benched with a Candy in hand to get my Trainer Lock going. With Catcher being a huge threat in the metagame, I need all the help I can get to ensure a Trainer - Item lock early game. Aipom UL helps with Tail Code to help keep my Mew safe...

Any advice, help, and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Maybe you could take out a 1-1 line of Zoroark for 2 pichu to help get out some pokmeon. I just feel like this deck needs some starters.

The problem with Pichu is that while it helps me setup my bench and Active to utilize
Mew Prime with Mass Attack and Jumpluff in the Lost Zone it hurts my chances of getting that early game See Off that I need. Otherwise I'm left with a bad draw that unless I get a Collector next turn I'm dead.

I know it doesn't look like it but Mew Prime is my main starter in this deck. Another problem is that since I don't have any Yanmega Prime's for this deck I can't run it with Sunflora HS to get Vileplume out faster, however I have drawpower that helps me get Plume out faster though. Twins is backup incase I don't get setup early on.

Anyone think I should take Muk out for Leavanny with Nurturing and run Sunflora to help get Vileplume out faster? Last time I tried to run Sunflora people told me it'd be wasted tech space in this deck but with Leavanny I should be able to Plume much faster supposedly. What do you guys think?

Personally for MewBox, I love Relicanth as a starter. Play PETM to grab Pluff/Muk/Donny/etc then use Prehistoric Wisdom to send that pokemon to the lost zone in return of drawing 3 cards. While his Retreat (2) is pretty bad, dodrio is around for a reason I guess.

I like this Aipom UL for mew box. Yeah, when you run up against yanmega its not that important but disrupting a magnezone getting ready to waste you or a fully charged zekrom/reshiram really messes with your opponent. Just an idea though man.

Project696 said:
Personally for MewBox, I love Relicanth as a starter. Play PETM to grab Pluff/Muk/Donny/etc then use Prehistoric Wisdom to send that pokemon to the lost zone in return of drawing 3 cards. While his Retreat (2) is pretty bad, dodrio is around for a reason I guess.

The problem with Relicanth is that you need to have the Pokemon in hand to send to the Lost Zone but with Mew Prime it can send it straight from your deck especially If you don't have them on hand or an Elm's. If Magnezone Prime is a problem I guess I could run a 1-1 Lucario CoL line for Dimension Sphere, and maybe run 4 Copycat over 4 Bianca cause I didn't realize hand refresh is so crucial in this metagame.

I've also been testing this deck out with a 1-1 Sunflora line, and although it seems like wasted bench space it does help ensure you get an early game Vileplume for the Trainer Lock. Say you have Oddish out for 1 turn already and you have a Rare Candy in hand, just Sunshine Grace for the Plume and presto. Weird thing is that at most I will only Sunshine Grace for Vileplume at least once per game unless Plume gets benched sniped easily like with Metagross UL or Yanmega maybe by a 2HKO or 3HKO.

jesusaintnodj said:
I like this Aipom UL for mew box. Yeah, when you run up against yanmega its not that important but disrupting a magnezone getting ready to waste you or a fully charged zekrom/reshiram really messes with your opponent. Just an idea though man.

Tail Code is nice with Mew Prime but Magnezone can get around it with Emboar using Inferno Fandango, it will still do enough damage with Lost Burn to KO even If it gets Headwinded to increase it's attack cost by 2. I have been considering a 1-1 Lucario CoL line to help get around Magnezone cause of the versatility with DCE and with at least 2 Pokemon in my Lost Zone I can do at least 70 damage multiplied that would be enough to KO Magnezone easily. 70 x 2 = 140.

Lucario would also help in my matchup against ZPS as well considering If I can get setup in time. I'd hate to go 2-2 with Lucario in this deck since Zoroark is the better partner in MewBox for Foul Play and it can Revenge kill quite easily at that. So what do you guys think is better Sunflora or Lucario? I do need to get Vileplume out ASAP so Sunshine Gracing for one use on an entire game doesn't seem too bad other than taking up bench space while Lucario greatly helps in matchups I have trouble against.

Card Slinger J said:
The problem with Relicanth is that you need to have the Pokemon in hand to send to the Lost Zone but with Mew Prime it can send it straight from your deck especially If you don't have them on hand or an Elm's. If Magnezone Prime is a problem I guess I could run a 1-1 Lucario CoL line for Dimension Sphere, and maybe run 4 Copycat over 4 Bianca cause I didn't realize hand refresh is so crucial in this metagame.

I've also been testing this deck out with a 1-1 Sunflora line, and although it seems like wasted bench space it does help ensure you get an early game Vileplume for the Trainer Lock. Say you have Oddish out for 1 turn already and you have a Rare Candy in hand, just Sunshine Grace for the Plume and presto. Weird thing is that at most I will only Sunshine Grace for Vileplume at least once per game unless Plume gets benched sniped easily like with Metagross UL or Yanmega maybe by a 2HKO or 3HKO.

Tail Code is nice with Mew Prime but Magnezone can get around it with Emboar using Inferno Fandango, it will still do enough damage with Lost Burn to KO even If it gets Headwinded to increase it's attack cost by 2. I have been considering a 1-1 Lucario CoL line to help get around Magnezone cause of the versatility with DCE and with at least 2 Pokemon in my Lost Zone I can do at least 70 damage multiplied that would be enough to KO Magnezone easily. 70 x 2 = 140.

Lucario would also help in my matchup against ZPS as well considering If I can get setup in time. I'd hate to go 2-2 with Lucario in this deck since Zoroark is the better partner in MewBox for Foul Play and it can Revenge kill quite easily at that. So what do you guys think is better Sunflora or Lucario? I do need to get Vileplume out ASAP so Sunshine Gracing for one use on an entire game doesn't seem too bad other than taking up bench space while Lucario greatly helps in matchups I have trouble against.

Well heres the thing about a welly constructed MewBox, it runs usually 1 of most the heavy hitters and disrupters that can attack for 1 energy or even for a DCE. so Donphan/Pluff/Muk/Aipom/ etc.. I would even toss in a Machoke TR to lost zone. So with so many options, not to have 1 in hand to send to the lost zone with relicanth would be fairly odd. And your argument with MagneBoar is fairly inaccurate. Because most Magnezone Decks will run a 3-1-3 Zone line. So with Vileplume up early, they can only get 1 Zone out total. Remember, drawing cards is a must in this format. And why do I mention Machoke TR? because if you can't get that Muk LZ'd, Machoke's attack for a single fighting does 30 damage and ignores all Bodies/powers/etc... So its an easy baby killer.

Jason Klazcynski used Aipom in his deck for the Grinders (which he got screwed out of by a judge ruling), and his Top Cut Invitational deck (which he won). The point of Aipom, since TyRam was the large play for worlds, was Dragging up Typhlosions via lost zoned Muk. So then when the Phlosions were picked off, you could keep tail coding away energy from Reshirams since they'd be reduced to slowly attaching energy. Also, MagneBoar might've won worlds, well technically it was a Reshiboar with a Magnezone tech, Most people still don't see MagneBoar as a viable deck. Hence why TyRam is played so often.

Also don't worry about ZPS, it isn't a viable deck. If it doesn't win within the first 4-5 turns, it is going to lose the match.

So, I shall give you what I believe will be good changes to this deck. Test em out before you criticize.

-1 Vileplume (3-2-2 is all you need)
-1 Pidgeot (This is MewBox for a reason, you only need 1 LZ'd. if its prized, you have other options)
-1 Jumpluff (See above)
-1-1 Zoroark (2-2 is the perfect line, 3-3 is an overkill)
-1 Collector (you're running so few basics, 3 should do you fine. They end up becoming nothing but dead draws later)
-1 PONT (While its a nice hand refresher, 4 not really needed)
-4 Bianca (Copycat is a much better choice due to you using Plume)
-3 Psychic Energy (Most your attacks are never gonna cost more than 1 energy. And with 4 Rainbow, it still leaves you with 8 Total Psychics)
Total Taken out - 14

+4 Relicanth (Reason stated above, drawing cards is always good)
+1 Donphan Prime
+1 Cinccino (there no point running 4 DCE's for only 2 Zoroark, so you need a target for mew to use it.)
+1 Crobat Prime (Forget Machoke, a good ol' poison or when if you bring up one of their pokemon with a beefy retreat, you can start picking off their bench.)
+1 Aipom UL (Tail Code is such a good play proven by Ness)
+1-1 Dodrio (needed to get Relicanth out of active unless you let it die to use Twins. But always nice to have if you have a mirror match and they drag up plume.)
+3 CopyCat (this gives you 6 total hand refreshers then, 3/3 split of Pont/Cat)
+1 Flower Shop Lady (you run absolutely no recovery yet. And with Mew being so fragile, how do you expect to recover from 2-3 KO'd mews and your last one is prized? Zoroark can't do all the work himself.)
If my math is right, thats 14 cards to add.

Make the changes and test it out before criticizing it.

I agree with some of what project said, but I don't think Machoke is necessary for babies. You'd be pulling up babies via Muk and Muk poisons and confuses them. They take 10 damage from poison and retreat...or if they stay in for some reason, they would die of poison at the end of your turn anyway so there is no need to hit them. The way you kill babies is Seeing off Crobat and Skill Diving them. I'd also say you don't really need 4 Relicanth since the cards you'd be starting with are easy to retreat. I'd also recommend you run Kingdra over Donphan since you do the same amount of damage, but don't hurt yourself. Mew is pretty much never going to want to use heavy impact so that point is null and Reshiram decks tend to quickly fill up their bench with Cyndaquils, Typhlosions, Ninetales, and extra Reshiram, so Jumpluff would be the attacker of choice there. In fact, I'm not even sure you need Kingdra or Donphan at all since Jumpluff always hits higher numbers if you fill your bench.

Project696 said:
So, I shall give you what I believe will be good changes to this deck. Test em out before you criticize.

-1 Vileplume (3-2-2 is all you need)I don't blame you on that one.
-1 Pidgeot (This is MewBox for a reason, you only need 1 LZ'd. if its prized, you have other options)Pidgeot did help me in my matchup against Reshiboar and Aipom seems like it could work as well.
-1 Jumpluff (See above)It's too good, are you sure I'm better off with 1 Pluff?
-1-1 Zoroark (2-2 is the perfect line, 3-3 is an overkill)I was thinking that too and I tested a 1-1 Sunflora line over 1-1 Zoroark to help get Plume out faster.
-1 Collector (you're running so few basics, 3 should do you fine. They end up becoming nothing but dead draws later)I disagree, 4 is very much needed due to needing a T1 See Off with Mew Prime.
-1 PONT (While its a nice hand refresher, 4 not really needed)
-4 Bianca (Copycat is a much better choice due to you using Plume)Better hand refresh.
-3 Psychic Energy (Most your attacks are never gonna cost more than 1 energy. And with 4 Rainbow, it still leaves you with 8 Total Psychics)
Total Taken out - 14

+4 Relicanth (Reason stated above, drawing cards is always good)But it's a wasteful Starter, I'd rather have Mew out T1 instead of Relicanth honestly. Recommend something better please.
+1 Donphan PrimeWhy LZ Donphan? bench recoil is nasty.
+1 Cinccino (there no point running 4 DCE's for only 2 Zoroark, so you need a target for mew to use it.)
+1 Crobat Prime (Forget Machoke, a good ol' poison or when if you bring up one of their pokemon with a beefy retreat, you can start picking off their bench.)Combined with Muk it's a personal favorite, and speaking of Muk 2 copies is a MUST.
+1 Aipom UL (Tail Code is such a good play proven by Ness)I like it as much as Pidgeot honestly.
+1-1 Dodrio (needed to get Relicanth out of active unless you let it die to use Twins. But always nice to have if you have a mirror match and they drag up plume.)
+3 CopyCat (this gives you 6 total hand refreshers then, 3/3 split of Pont/Cat)
+1 Flower Shop Lady (you run absolutely no recovery yet. And with Mew being so fragile, how do you expect to recover from 2-3 KO'd mews and your last one is prized? Zoroark can't do all the work himself.)
If my math is right, thats 14 cards to add.

Make the changes and test it out before criticizing it.

Feedback responses are in Bold text of the Quoted Message above. ^

This deck looks great, and I completly understand the Pidgeot, but is it neccessary? I mean, If you do it to a Donphan, no damage is done, and soon enough, a Reshiram can stack enough energies to KO with an Outrage (from all the damage). Honestly, in mine, I just stick with Muk, Vileplume, and Zoroark and thats really it.

I would take out
-2 pidgeot
-2 jumpluff
-2-2 zoroark
-4 dce

+4-4 yanmega prime
+ 2 CRobat prime
+2 grass energy

Clownshateu2 said:
This deck looks great, and I completly understand the Pidgeot, but is it neccessary? I mean, If you do it to a Donphan, no damage is done, and soon enough, a Reshiram can stack enough energies to KO with an Outrage (from all the damage). Honestly, in mine, I just stick with Muk, Vileplume, and Zoroark and thats really it.

That's why I Headwind and then Mass Attack soon after, it really does help against Reshiram variants including Donphan. At least I like it better than Crobat Prime anyway, Cinccino seemed like a good option for Do the Wave but then I was like meh...

thefleeee said:
I would take out
-2 pidgeot
-2 jumpluff
-2-2 zoroark
-4 dce

+4-4 yanmega prime
+ 2 CRobat prime
+2 grass energy

That's the problem, I'm not able to get any Yanmega Primes for this deck.

Back