• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mewbox for States

Brendan

Hi there
Pokemon - 17
4 Mew Prime
3-3 Yanmega Prime
2 Terrakion NV
1 Crobat Prime
1 Chandelure ND
1 Jumpluff HS
1 Shaymin UL
1 Muk UD

Trainers - 29
4 Collector
4 Juniper
4 Junk arm
4 Copycat
3 Catcher
2 Pont
2 N
2 Switch
2 Communication
2 Lost Remover

Energy - 12
4 Prism
4 Rainbow
2 {P}
2 {F}

Basic Strategy: Start with Mew Prime or Yanma, start setting up/seeing off things. My seeing off targets depend on the match-up I'm only expecting between 2-3 See offs max per game. Maybe more against a slower deck. This deck thrives off of no retreat besides Terrakion and that's what the switches are for.

Not a full list but it's just a start. I've tested a similar deck a few times but made some adjustments of things I wanted to take out. Opinions I'm open to anything except Mewtwo EX, Mew is a good enough counter and my deck runs low energy/no acceleration for a Mewtwo to thrive with.

Things I might change:
Lower my Terrakion count to 1
Add in Shaymin EX

I'd add in shaymin EX since it works great in any deck that has prism. I know there might be something missing but I can't quite remember it... what about relicanth? It helps kind of with drawing and getting some pokemon into the lost zone?

You should consider adding relicanth and upping some of your pokemon counts. If chandelure is prized and your opponent is playing eelektrik, you basically lose, same with jumpluff vs. a mewtwo. Also, I don't really see how crucial muk is in this deck without vileplume.

If you are running Muk, and Crobat...(assuming for the status correct me if I'm wrong) pit an Amoonguss ND, and Leafon with Miasmai wind (or something) to gain some attack.. Also run Mewtwo, it works in the lost zone, and in play.

Martini said:
If you are running Muk, and Crobat...(assuming for the status correct me if I'm wrong) pit an Amoonguss ND, and Leafon with Miasmai wind (or something) to gain some attack.. Also run Mewtwo, it works in the lost zone, and in play.

No, please no. Muk is only used to Drag Up Pokemon on the Bench, and Crobat is really for the Durant matchup. Mew decks generally only have time to get one See Off target; having to do multiple See Offs sacrifices too many prizes. Very rarely will you have time to See Off more than once.

Amoongus and Leafeon are pointless additions, for the reasons I stated above. Plus, the nerf the deck's consistency too greatly, since you'd have to tech at least a 1-1 line of both (taking up four spaces each, and at which point you'd have to worry about prizes or nerfing the deck's consistency even more).

... Why Mewtwo? Mew handles Mewtwo very well (depending on your See Off targets).

So Relicanth is definitely something I'm interested in and have considered in past Mew lists I just forgot about it completely when it came to this list. Should I add X amount of them?

Where's Level Ball? You should be running 3-4 of it in this deck over Communication, N, and PONT. Juniper and Copycat seem to be enough Draw Supporters as is. Maybe also take out a Prism and Rainbow for 2 Rescue Energy.

Card Slinger J said:
Where's Level Ball? You should be running 3-4 of it in this deck over Communication, N, and PONT. Juniper and Copycat seem to be enough Draw Supporters as is. Maybe also take out a Prism and Rainbow for 2 Rescue Energy.

Level Balls don't take out Yanmega.

Yeah I was a bit confused as to why I would add Level Ball, It would only help search out basics which Collector can do better.

Well you could add a relicanth. Maybe 1 or 2 might be helpful to draw and lost zone pokemon I guess.

Brendan said:
Yeah I was a bit confused as to why I would add Level Ball, It would only help search out basics which Collector can do better.

Level Ball allows you to search for any Pokemon with 90 HP or less, meaning you can still get Jumpluff and Shaymin with Level Ball besides Mew.

Futachimaru said:
Level Balls don't take out Yanmega.

I didn't say anything about taking out Yanmega did I?

Card Slinger J said:
Level Ball allows you to search for any Pokemon with 90 HP or less, meaning you can still get Jumpluff and Shaymin with Level Ball besides Mew.

For what reason would you ever need to take out Jumpluff. It's a See Off Target; you want it in your deck. Communication succeeds in keeping See Off Targets in the deck.

Card Slinger J said:
I didn't say anything about taking out Yanmega did I?

No Yanmega search? Good luck.

Brendan said:
Futachimaru do you have any input, you mentioned I should only be getting 1 see off per game?

From my testing I found that using See Off multiple times throughout the game sacrifices too many prizes.

Brendan said:
It acts as a free catcher and can be used under trainer lock.
But, you already run catcher and the chances of you running into trainer lock are way too slim. I'd drop it if I were you.

Yeah, unfortunately I've kinda scrapped this idea due to speed/consistency. It just can't keep up and I'm trying to stay competitive.

Back