• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mew EX (BW and on)

Joebq

Aspiring Trainer
Hey just a deck idea i want to perfect maybe get some extra opinions on if it is playable in big tournaments. I am aiming for Black n' White and Up cards.

Pokemon: 18
3 Mew EX
2 Kyurem EX
3-3-3 Walrein
2 Sigilyph
2 Emolga
3 Cheren
3 Heavy Ball
3 Catcher
3 Switch
2 Tools scrapper
4 Double colorless
1 Psychic

The walrien is:
Walrein – Water – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Sealeo
[W][C][C] Aurora Beam: 80 damage.
[W][W][C][C] Ice Stab: 60 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed. This Pokemon can’t use Soaked Ice during your next turn.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

The setup should end up with Mew EX with 2 water energy and a DCE on turn 3 and able to use the Ice Stab attack from Walrein (above) for 60 damage and a paralyse, then ill drop a Kyrem EX and blow out a Hail blizzard for 120 damage. The sigilyph is in mostly to counter other Sigilyph, Garbodor, and of course other EX cards. And Emolga Speeds up Early game

Thanks guys for taking a Look

also just a quick question, (how do i word this....) With a Celebi EX out, Can a Mew EX use the attack from a, lets say Spheal's movepool, even when its an evolved Walrien? did that make sense?

Awesome deck! Just wondering, are allowed to use both your move and the opponents move and if so can you use the moves from their bench. I'm talking about mew ex by the way.

Pokemon Master Bradley said:
Awesome deck! Just wondering, are allowed to use both your move and the opponents move and if so can you use the moves from their bench. I'm talking about mew ex by the way.

I believe Mew-EX can use an attack from any Pokemon in play, meaning both yours and your opponents Pokemon, whether they are benched or active. However, you do need the necessary energy to use any of those attacks.

Hopefully a Professor or someone else can confirm :).

you are using 8 specail energy cards out of your 13 energy in your deck. Enhanced Hammer will feature in most decks and Hammer time with sableye (defo tier 1 deck) will have a field day stopping you from attacking.

i don't think you need sigilyph in this deck (i do love that card) but you have walrein as you're main attacker, thats going to paralyze any ex's anyway.

also i wouldnt run 3-3-3 on any stage 2

NO JUNIPER!?? i wasnt a fan of this card at all at first! but at least 3 (some argue 4) in needed in EVERY BW-on deck. All top tier players will be running 3/4. Bianca is too situational.

i love rogue decks and i love making them work. I would personally

go 4-2-3 on walrein. higher chance for turn one basic and also the basic will be catcher ko'd by you're opponent asap
-4 prism +4 water
-3 bianca +3 prof. juniper
-2 sigiylph +1 rare candy +1 catcher (4 catcher and 4 rare candy is a must in stage 2 decks)
-1 psychic +1 super rod

thats my opinion for a BW-on up to dragon exalted deck. hope it helps!

I understand that Mew EX is more consistent than Walrein, but Walrein needs a lot of energy either way, with or without Mew EX and has a great HP, so why not just attack with that? Also, Mew EX is easier to KO and gives 2 prizes. Mew EX is used with either little energy attacker, DCE abusers, or weakness problems, most of the same as Mew Prime was.

Emolga a good starter only in deck where the main attacker needs 1 energy to attack (like garchomp/altaria, ninetales/amoongus, etc) this is because emolga makes you waste a turn of energy attachment. Since you need at least 3 turns to set up mew EX you really do not want to waste that turn. Not to mention the poor 120 HP of a card that let the opponent take 2 prizes. The idea is nice but i don't see it work competitively, actually.

Have you considered playing Darkrai EX with this? If your Mew and Walrein both had free retreat, you could Ice Stab, retreat, Ice Stab, retreat and so on. The idea being that your opponent would be forever Paralyzed, a bit like the Accelgor Gothitelle lock. The only problem I guess would be setting up the lock the first place, with all the energy requirements and stuff.

Walrein Blastoise with a tech of Darkrai. I like it, but ouch, two Stage 2's. Maybe in this format, but...

Mora said:
Walrein Blastoise with a tech of Darkrai. I like it, but ouch, two Stage 2's. Maybe in this format, but...

Problem is, without Mew EX and wanting to keep the lock in place, you'd then have to set up three Stage 2's with a Darkrai on the bench. Nevertheless, It's still possible!

Oh yeah, cause you'd need two Walreins. Well, if you somehow magically get the T2 (or turn whatever) Walrein AND Blastoise, at least you have an extra turn to get the second Walrein (or Mew EX) up and running.

im going to change the supports around, i just hate waisting away cards with juniper though, and add the superRod

i like the prisms it gives me the ability to use the opponents moves easier, The Sableye has 70 HP, Walrein can hit 80 with his first attack (DCE and a water).

also im not waisting energy for emolgas attack if Mew EX is the one using the attack :)

The only Pokemon i plan to have attacking is Mew EX, it would be to much of a pain to be hitting with the walrein. I dont plan to paralyse every turn, i want to paralyse and some damage, and then finish them off with Kyrum EX's 120 attack. the only thing i wont be able to kill with that combo are EX's with Eviolite/Big Cape, but the Sigiyph is teched in for that.

What do you guys think of the Feebas and Milotic starters? (keep in mind mew would be using the Attacks so try not to worry to much about a donked Feebas) It would REALLY speen up the Walrein by picking ANY 3 cards from my deck, but its enemy would be my opponents N Card.

PokéCastXVll said:
Have you considered playing Darkrai EX with this? If your Mew and Walrein both had free retreat, you could Ice Stab, retreat, Ice Stab, retreat and so on. The idea being that your opponent would be forever Paralyzed, a bit like the Accelgor Gothitelle lock. The only problem I guess would be setting up the lock the first place, with all the energy requirements and stuff.

I really like this idea too, and it must be a small bit of a pain to set up, but what after the knockout? You have to do something in order to keep it up when the opponent switches out after losing a prize. The opposing player could just wait for a Pokemon strong enough to OHKO one. Either of the EX dragons could knock out either of them, and Mewtwo would get the better of them if it's not getting paralyzed to death.

(Yeah this is the guy you helped earlier.)

I think once your opponent got set up I'd only use MewEX for Parylizing, or OHKO'ing an EX or something. Knock out a paralyzed Pokemon with an actual Walrein, or something. Or, if you had Kyurem NV, you could do 60 and paralyze until the Defending has 30 HP left, then Catcher something else to maintain the lock. When your opponent breaks the lock with Switch and KO's Mew, send up Kyurem and Glaciate for a couple of prizes. Sounds good in theory, since you don't break the lock with a KO, you let your opponent do it. This clearly wouldn't work with decks like Darkrai/Hydregon, though.

Joebq said:
Hey just a deck idea i want to perfect maybe get some extra opinions on if it is playable in big tournaments. I am aiming for Black n' White and Up cards.

Pokemon: 18
3 Mew EX
2 Kyurem EX
3-3-3 Walrein
2 Sigilyph
2 Emolga
3 Cheren
3 Heavy Ball
3 Catcher
3 Switch
2 Tools scrapper
4 Double colorless
1 Psychic

The walrien is:
Walrein – Water – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Sealeo
[W][C][C] Aurora Beam: 80 damage.
[W][W][C][C] Ice Stab: 60 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed. This Pokemon can’t use Soaked Ice during your next turn.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

The setup should end up with Mew EX with 2 water energy and a DCE on turn 3 and able to use the Ice Stab attack from Walrein (above) for 60 damage and a paralyse, then ill drop a Kyrem EX and blow out a Hail blizzard for 120 damage. The sigilyph is in mostly to counter other Sigilyph, Garbodor, and of course other EX cards. And Emolga Speeds up Early game

Thanks guys for taking a Look

also just a quick question, (how do i word this....) With a Celebi EX out, Can a Mew EX use the attack from a, lets say Spheal's movepool, even when its an evolved Walrien? did that make sense?

nice deck:D. I like the idea to base it around mew,but mabe take out the prisms and put in blend energys. also i think it would be a good idea to tech in some storonger attackers like groudon EX, which would work great if you put in blend WFLM

Back