• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mew Box

ajbroski

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I really like the idea of this deck but I fear I may have overlooked it somewhere/not entirely sure how to construct this list. All help is appreciated in what to add/drop/consider.

Pokemon:
  • 2 Mew
  • 2 Jolteon EX
  • 2 Glaceon Ex
  • 1 Sesmitoad EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Trubbish
  • 1 Garbador
  • 1 Smeargle
Support:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Teammates
  • 4 Vs Seeker
  • 2 Trainers Mail
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Max Elixer
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 2 Dimension Valley
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 2 Fury Belt
  • 1 Muscle Band
Energy:
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 5 Lightning Energy
  • 3 Water Energy

You should add an analysis of your deck so that people can tell what the strategy of the deck is. It looks pretty standard, use mew to copy the attacks of your big guys while having smeargle switch energies to make attacks possible.
But then I see the garb line and it seems counter-intuitive, it shuts down your main attacker and stops your energy fixing that smeargle delivers.
Also, you should be adding what sets your Pokémon are from, so that people can tell which cards they are.
My recommendations:
-1 trubbish
-1 garbodor
+1 Hoopa EX
+1 Furious fighting Belt
-3 float stone
-1muscle Band
+ 2 Trainers Mail
+2 Level Ball

But then I see the garb line and it seems counter-intuitive, it shuts down your main attacker and stops your energy fixing that smeargle delivers.
Also, you should be adding what sets your Pokémon are from, so that people can tell which cards they are.

I put garb in as a tech for Ninjas. Which is probably this decks worst matchup. Mew as an attacker is lackluster in this matchup.

Thank you for your input. All things said will be considered in my building process.

Actually, this deck has some other bad match-ups besides Greninja decks. For example, one could just Lysandre a benched Jolteon EX (or any other benched EX) and 1HKO it.... The Mew's Ability and copied attack does not prevent attacking your benched Pokémon after its been placed in the Active position...

I feel Manectric EX can be quite helpful here, to stall and make some serious damage
Then ,energy switch , Max Elixir on a Jolteon and AZ Manectric EX to save him ,and use Jolteon EX to stall all basic's ( provide you don't have benched pokemon ,your deck is weak only in benching ( skim on having too much pokemon on the bench - as your Glaceon ex and Jolteon ex depend on being active ,and so does Mew, also head ringer helps you ALOT, with Seismitoad ( stall)and lovely Glaceon not getting damage from mega evo's they stand no chance in winning against you with that tactic .

I've been testing this deck for a bit. It runs better with a two/two garbordor line.

It is one of the only decks I've come across where shaymin EX is not really necessary. The problem with the deck is that you need to play it differently depending on the match up. I'v noticed some trainers forcing the setup. When the setup is forced, resources are lost. For the most part, all the deck requires is energy and a pokemon against a lot of matches.

Against Night March for instance, you really only need two Jolteons on the play mat. Hopefully, you will just end up with a solid maxiler/DCE first turn. If the player does not produce a ringer pokemon (Gallade) that threatens the match, it is all that is needed for the match. If you can't win with only those two pokemon charged and ready than it becomes a bit of a challenge.

Against Grenigia you only need to play Garbador and Glaceon. Because there is plenty of time to get garborador out on the matt, plus setup another one, than no other pokemon should hit the playmat, everything else is a liability.

Against Trevnent you need to run a 4 line of rough seas. You just play glaceon, anybody else on the mat is a liability.

Against Villeplume/Vesp you just play glaceon. Sometimes you get out jolteon, but for the most part, Glaceon and rough seas will just deck the opponent out. If you can get garbordo tooled up than the Villeplu/Vesp gets in trouble.

Ya, It's a bit of a head case deck and because it is match up based deck, cards like Fan Club and Cassius are useful. It's one of those that's more about getting exactly what you need, versus getting 2 or 3 cards that might come in handy.

The biggest threat to the deck is lysandre. The objective, in my opinion, should be to avoid playing any other cards than the ones that are necessary for the match up.

Because the top tier decks right now are not very well rounded decks (only single style of attackers). The Glaceon/Jolteon decks puts up a decent fight that puts the opponents in awkward positions quick.

I think once the deck becomes popular, we will see some more rounded decks getting played. Even after ranger comes out, because just like Hex, it can be hard to keep chaining the card for knockout.

Actually, this deck has some other bad match-ups besides Greninja decks. For example, one could just Lysandre a benched Jolteon EX (or any other benched EX) and 1HKO it.... The Mew's Ability and copied attack does not prevent attacking your benched Pokémon after its been placed in the Active position...
Every deck runs Lysandre. Which matchup(s) are you implying?

I think once the deck becomes popular, we will see some more rounded decks getting played. Even after ranger comes out, because just like Hex, it can be hard to keep chaining the card for knockout.
I don't think ranger will see much play post XY12. I think Mew Box only gets better post-XY12 thanks to ninja boy.

Last edited:
I don't think ranger will such much play post XY12. I think Mew Box only gets better post-XY12 thanks to ninja boy.
Agree with this x1000! As ninja boy comes to the forefront you will see one awesome turn two blast people because this deck ONLY uses basics for attack and you can simply rock their socks off by switching in and out at will. That also gives the additional threat of running a hard core line with maybe even Manectric for surprise shaymin knockouts and then switch back to another pokemon next turn as needed. Yikes!

Every deck runs Lysandre. Which matchup(s) are you implying?
I've played against this deck with several of mine. Trevenant will be a tough match-up because of Item-lock and damage counter drops, especially once your 2 (not enough) Rough Seas Stadiums are no longer effective. In addition, Garchomp can easily 1HKO any Pokémon in your deck. One other I used was Darkrai-Zoroark - another tough match-up for this deck.

A Poké pal runs a variation of this deck without the Mew and with a 2-2 Garbodor line... very solid deck, IMO.

I've played against this deck with several of mine. Trevenant will be a tough match-up because of Item-lock and damage counter drops, especially once your 2 (not enough) Rough Seas Stadiums are no longer effective. In addition, Garchomp can easily 1HKO any Pokémon in your deck. One other I used was Darkrai-Zoroark - another tough match-up for this deck.

A Poké pal runs a variation of this deck without the Mew and with a 2-2 Garbodor line... very solid deck, IMO.

OK, while Trevenant will give him fits with this matchup, Garchomp is a pansy because if you see Gible you just max power up the Glaceon and roll that matchup. The Darkrai-Zoroark on the other hand is in my opinion the WORST possible matchup because they can make you pick your poison. If you waste time powering up Glaceon with a Jolteon on the bench they just roll you with basics, and vice versa. YZG on the other hand is easier because you just keep the bench small and sweep against Yveltals, but in Darkrai you have WAY more problems because you can't deal with evoloved and basic all at once with the same pokemon. A good strategy against that however is constant AZ to reset and scoop up damage, while also trying to force them to burn any supporters to keep the advantage. A good tech in this deck is actually Ace Trainer as you will almost always be one prize behind in the beginning.

...Garchomp is a pansy because if you see Gible you just max power up the Glaceon and roll that matchup.
Not sure about this since Glaceon at some point may hit the bench... then it's an immediate 1HKO target via Lysandre. Or the Lucario EX, also run in the deck, could counter it. No doubt, it would be an interesting game of match-ups

Not sure about this since Glaceon at some point may hit the bench... then it's an immediate 1HKO target via Lysandre. Or the Lucario EX, also run in the deck, could counter it. No doubt, it would be an interesting game of match-ups

You're right. I forget that you always have the straggler to sit the bench and if they escape rope/Lysandre you're a goner. Truth is that the combo is rare but it does effectively end the effectiveness of that matchup. I have played this deck (a variant actually) multiple times against Garchomp tho and have yet to lose because I AZ the bench and they usually quit at that point.

You're right. I forget that you always have the straggler to sit the bench and if they escape rope/Lysandre you're a goner. Truth is that the combo is rare but it does effectively end the effectiveness of that matchup. I have played this deck (a variant actually) multiple times against Garchomp tho and have yet to lose because I AZ the bench and they usually quit at that point.
Understand. Timing is quite important; and it's a good match-up. Lastly, I've won all of my games against MewBox, as well.

Back