Metapod HS

shaymindude

"Insert Funny Subtitle Here"
46-metapod.jpg

I haven't seen this in many decks, even though It is very useful. Without it, all grass decks are auto loss to any fire deck. I use this line in my grass trainer lock named "Forest Trap"(Link is in sig). Post combinations for this card in this thread.

Basically any grass deck should include a 1-1 line of this and a 1-1 or 2-2 line of Sunflora. Landmin Lv.x works well with this as it makes allyour grass pokes have no weakness and have 40 more hp which makes any ofyour pokes good tanks, one inparticular is meganium prime which doesn't see a lot of play.

I was using a 1-1 line in Jumpluff for the longest time. It also does a nice job of making Yanmega PRIME lose its Electric weakness, and makes Vileplume lose its weakness to Psychic.

With Landmin X and Green Shield, you're in the game for the long run yup :)

Well, you have to consider some things before you use this in your deck. If you're running a grass deck with mostly weaknesses to fire, then what decks are there to worry about in your meta? If Charizard is big, sure, run Metapod. If there is a substantial lack of Charizard, then it's not the best idea; it's just taking up space in the deck.
On the other hand, if it's in a Yanmega Prime deck, it is probably worth it to play Metapod, since LuxChomp is in almost every meta to some extent.
So it all depends. My meta has absolutely no Charizard, so I would opt to not run Metapod in a Jumpluff/Jumplume/VilePluff deck if I did have one.

This is useful, but is only effective against Fire types. The only common Fire decks are Charizard and Blaziken FB, but if you know local decks using them then it's worth running Metapod. Also, I would add a Butterfree to decks in case Metapod was targeted using a Crobat G, Gengar LvX or other cards that target the bench.

Fair point. To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of {G} decks, but there are some decent grass-types like Jumpluff or Vileplume that this could go with.

Back