• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Metagross/Steelix/Scizor

Jawbit

Aspiring Trainer
This is just a deck for battling my friends, we don't play with weakness or resistance.

4-3-2 Metagross LA/SV
2-1 Scizor Prime
3-1 Steelix Prime
3-1 Fortress (hoping to replace with Dialga G)

Total Pokemon: 20

Lady Outing x1
Interviewer's Questions x1
Fisherman x1
Cynthia's Feelins x1
Celio's Network x2
Professor Elm's Training Method x2
Bebe's Search x2
Great Ball x1
Pokemon Collector x1
Flower Shop Lady x1
Scott x1
Professor Cozmo's Discovery x 1
Luxury Ball x1
Junk Arm x1
VS Seeker x1
Conductive Quarry x1
Expert Belt x1

Total Trainers: 20

Special Metal Energy x6
Metal Energy x12
Rescue Energy x1
Double Colorless x1

Total Energies:20

Strategy: Get Scizor Prime out fast, stack up for quick and heavy damage. Once knocked out, get out Steelix Prime w/ double colorless to suck energies back out discard pile, sweep with expert belt. Metagrosses can be stacked up on bench while Steelix sweeps, just in case.

Help is appreciated! Thanks!

So, let's talk. You have a pretty solid deck here, and with a few changes, you can definitely do good in tournaments(and beat your friends all the time). One question: What does Lady Outing do? I have never seen that card before. Anyway, let's see what to take out and what to put in.

-3-1 Forretress(you won't need Dialga either with the level X you will be hurting yourself by cancelling out Scizor and Steelix's body)

-1 Lady Outing(?)
-1 Cynthia's Feelings(you need to play good Supporters, this is meh)
-2 Celio's Network(once again, ?)
-2 PETM(you should evolve quick anyway)
-1 Great Ball(meh)
-1 Scott(?)
-1 Professor Cozmo's Discovery(?)

-2 Special Metal Energy(you can only use 4 of a special energy in a deck)
-4 Basic Metal Energy(12 is too much)
Total cards Removed:19

You might even want to consider dropping the Metagross line, and make it just Steelix/Scizor. That works pretty well.

+1-2 Scizor Prime
+2 Steelix Prime
+2 Uxie LA
+3 Skarmory UD

+2 Bebe's Search
+2 Expert Belt
+3 Pokemon Collector

+2 DCE

This should help you out. Hope I helped.

Thanks for responding, thought my thread would drop out without a comment.

Lady Outing and Celio's Network are both old cards, not tounament legal. They let you search our deck for three basic energies, and search for any pokemon (exluding EX), respectively. Oh, and Cosmo just draws cards.

Your probably right about the Fortresses, I'd do better with more trainers.

I don't think I'll take out my Metagross line, both of my Metagrosses have done me well (100 damage for 3 energies, and the Magnetic Reversal Pokebody? C'mon.)

Forgot about Dialga G lv. X cancelling out my prime's bodies. That would be bad.

Do you really think I should put in Skarmory UD? It doesn't impress me that much.

Thanks for the info on special energies, only being able to have four... :(

And can you explain the Uxie?

Thanks for the help!

Uxie LA has a Pokepower that lets you draw cards until you have seven cards in your hand. It is really useful for setting up.

Back