• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metagross GX Post Rotation

Kyle Busch

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, just updated my Metagross GX list for post rotation and wanted some feedback on the biggest changes I've made

I used to run a 1-of Necrozma GX, but in all my games I haven't really had the opportunity to set him up late game, either because of not getting psychic energy in the discard/not 3 Metagross on the bench/GX attack wasn't used at the right time. Split of energy types didn't seem to give me a lot of consistency.

4 Beldum
2 Metang
4 Metagross GX
3 Tapu Lele GX
1 Alolan Vulpix
1 Genesect EX
1 Magearna EX

4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
1 Brigette
2 Guzma
1 Skyla
1 Professor Kukui
1 Float Stone

4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
3 Max Potion
4 Choice Band
3 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher

10 Metal Energy
1 Psychic Energy

I guess my main question is: Is GenesectEX a viable option? 3 Metal energies for 100+60 for discarded energies plus choice band hits 190 on Ho-oh and Turtonator, so it still helps OHKO in the dreaded Volc matchup.

I've found a good balance with this list with 3 Lele, also having Genesect in there with a choice of item allows me to use 1 float stone. I never use it on Metagross if I can help it. Also not really sold on Magearna but doing some games to see if he's usefull

What do you guys think?

Back