• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metagross GX / Necrozma GX

Air0z

Aspiring Trainer
I finally got 4 Metagross GXs, so let's make a Metagross GX deck.

I have 2 variations of the deck.

One variation (which is I think the better version of the deck), has Magearna-EX for preventing effect on Pokemon with Metal Energy attached, and the Dhelmise for extra damage when using Magearna-EX or Metagross-GX.

The other Variation (for the Volcanion-EX/Ho-Oh GX matchup) with Octillery (for draw support), Kartana-GX from Crimson Invasion (in place for the Magearna-EX), as well as Tapu Koko promo (for the Ho-Oh GX in the fire decks), and a couple Counter Energy from Crimson Invasion.

----------------------------------------------------------------

BOLDED CARDS ARE CHANGES TO DECK! Changes will be listed below deck

Deck #1: VERSION 1.1
This is my first variation of the deck:

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Beldum GRI 83
* 3 Metang GRI 84
* 4 Metagross-GX GRI 85
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 75
* 1 Dhelmise GRI 59
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 3 N
* 3 Guzma
* 1 Brigette
* 1 Gladion
* 1 Skyla

* 4 Ultra Ball
* 4 Rare Candy
* 3 Choice Band
* 3 Field Blower
* 3 Max Potion
* 1 Rescue Stretcher
* 1 Professor's Letter

##Energy - 10

* 6 Metal Energy
* 4 Psychic Energy

Total Cards - 60

Changes from V1 - V1.1:

(Done Nov. 10, 2017)

- -1 Dhelmise
- -1 Psychic Energy
- +1 Field Blower
- +1 Max Potion

Deck #2: VERSION 1.1

This is the one with Kartana GX, Tapu Koko Promo, and the Counter Energy...

##Pokémon - 20

* 4 Beldum GRI 83
* 3 Metang GRI 84
* 4 Metagross-GX GRI 85
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 1 Kartana-GX CIN 70
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 4 N

* 3 Guzma
* 1 Brigette
* 1 Skyla

* 4 Ultra Ball
* 4 Rare Candy
* 3 Choice Band
* 2 Max Potion
* 1 Field Blower
* 1 Rescue Stretcher

##Energy - 12

* 7 Metal Energy
* 3 Psychic Energy
* 2 Counter Energy

Total Cards - 60

Changes to V1 - V1.1:
(Done on Nov. 8th, 2017)

- -1 Remoraid
- -1 Octillery
- +1 Professor Sycamore
- +1 N

What do you think about each version of the deck, what should I change?

Thanks for the feedback,
-Air0z

Last edited:
First one is better. Second, Counter Energy doesnt work on EX or GX
The counter energy is going to be used for Tapu Koko Promo's and Alolan Ninetales's second attacks, which can knock out Ho-Oh GX and Volcanion-EX out in one shot (with weakness and if Alolan Ninetales has a choice band) respectfully.

Last edited:
The counter energy is going to be used for Tapu Koko Promo's and Alolan Ninetales's second attacks, which can knock out Ho-Oh GX and Volcanion-EX out in one shot (with weakness and if Alolan Ninetails has a choice band) respectfully.
Oh I see, sounds good. Though the 1-1 Octillery line may cause issues.

The counter energy is going to be used for Tapu Koko Promo's and Alolan Ninetales's second attacks, which can knock out Ho-Oh GX and Volcanion-EX out in one shot (with weakness and if Alolan Ninetails has a choice band) respectfully.
Ho-oh is weak to Electric, meaning that baby Ninetales' Choice Banded Aurora Beam can't OHKO it. However, Banded Aurora Beam can OHKO Volcanion EX, while non-Banded can OHKO baby Volcanion.

Ho-oh is weak to Electric, meaning that baby Ninetales' Choice Banded Aurora Beam can't OHKO it. However, Banded Aurora Beam can OHKO Volcanion EX, while non-Banded can OHKO baby Volcanion.
Tapu Koko would be the attacker for Ho-Oh, not Ninetails... I said respectfully in my statement because Tapu Koko would attack and knock out Ho-Oh GX with it's second attack and Alolan Ninetails with Choice Band would knock out Volcanion EX with it's second attack...
"The counter energy is going to be used for Tapu Koko Promo's and Alolan Ninetales's second attacks, which can knock out Ho-Oh GX and Volcanion-EX out in one shot (with weakness and if Alolan Ninetales has a choice band) respectfully."

Last edited:
Tapu Koko would be the attacker for Ho-Oh, not Ninetails... I said respectfully in my statement because Tapu Koko would attack and knock out Ho-Oh GX with it's second attack and Alolan Ninetails with Choice Band would knock out Volcanion EX with it's second attack...
"The counter energy is going to be used for Tapu Koko Promo's and Alolan Ninetales's second attacks, which can knock out Ho-Oh GX and Volcanion-EX out in one shot (with weakness and if Alolan Ninetails has a choice band) respectfully."
Misread; my bad

So I made changes to one of the decks because having 2 evolution lines were difficult to use, even if it was for draw support, so I added more draw support with 2 supporter cards...

DECK #1 - No Changes
DECK #2 -
- -1 Remoraid
- -1 Octillery
- +1 Professor Sycamore
- +1 N

Any feedback on either deck is great!
- Air0z

Dhelmise is not useful, maybe add a 3rd lele, and I suggest at least 3 max potions, I prefer 4 so that meta can keep tanking and keep the engine running.
And having 2 field blowers or more is a must need, because if you run into a garbotoxin, you're completely screwed.

And I think counter energy is straying away from the main point of the deck meta/necrozma.

My current list:

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Zorua
* 1 Zoroark-GX
* 4 Beldum
* 3 Metang
* 4 Metagross
* 1 Necrozma-GX
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 3 N
* 1 Rescue Stretcher
* 3 Choice Band
* 1 Professor's Letter
* 4 Rare Candy
* 2 Brigette
* 3 Professor Sycamore
* 3 Guzma
* 1 Skyla
* 3 Field Blower
* 4 Max Potion
* 4 Ultra Ball

##Energy - 10

* 6 Metal Energy
* 4 Psychic Energy

Total Cards - 60

Dhelmise is not useful, maybe add a 3rd lele, and I suggest at least 3 max potions, I prefer 4 so that meta can keep tanking and keep the engine running.
And having 2 field blowers or more is a must need, because if you run into a garbotoxin, you're completely screwed.

And I think counter energy is straying away from the main point of the deck meta/necrozma.

Dhelmise is great to have because it can get you the knock-outs you need versus:
- Turtornator GX, Lapras GX, Ho-Oh GX, (1 Dhelmise and w/ Choice Band) (190HP)
- Salazzle GX, Espeon GX and Umbreon GX (2 Dhelmise and w/ Choice Band) (200HP)
But I do agree that it isn't useful in most cases but above tells you that it could make a difference.
Also using Necrozma GX's Gx attack to weaken the EX/GXs could be a better option but if only it hits at least 3 EX/GXs (in my opinion) and the only decks I think that are doing that are Gardevoir GX/Sylveon GX, Volcanion EX/Friends, Ho-Oh GX/Salazzle GX, and possibly Golisopod GX/Garbordor.

I don't have 3 Leles so 2 I think is still great for the deck, use one for Brigette early game and use one for a finisher in the late game if needed.
I might add at least 1 Max Potion to the deck and see if it keeps the Metagross on the board.
I agree with having 2+ field blowers for garbotoxin, might add atleast 1 Field Blower.

The second deck involves using Counter Energy for Tapu Koko Promo's second attack to knock out Ho-Oh GX in the Fire Deck Matchups, and Ninetale's attack (with a Choice Band) to knock out the other fire Pokemon in the Fire Decks (Volcanion EX, Turtornator GX, etc.), but I do agree that Counter Energy isn't that great otherwise.

Last edited:
So changes as of Nov. 10, 2017 include the following:

DECK #1:
- -1 Dhelmise
- -1 Psychic Energy
- +1 Field Blower
- +1 Max Potion

DECK#2:
No changes!

Back