• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metagross and Friends

HEBE

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing this list pre and post rotation and it seems to work pretty well. This deck got my top 4 in my local (small) league cup and few tournament wins on PTCGO.

The problem I see a lot is bricking early which usually ends in a lost and judges killing my Algorithm GX or my Steven Resolve. Is there any way to help with consistency? Any thoughts would love to hear them.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 4 Beldum CES 92
* 3 Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX PR-SM SM102
* 1 Kartana-GX CIN 106
* 2 Registeel CIN 68
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 2 Metang CES 94
* 1 Metagross CES 95
* 3 Metagross-GX GRI 139
* 1 Dhelmise GRI 59
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 1 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 166
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Sophocles BUS 123
* 1 Mt. Coronet UPR 130
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Steven’s Resolve CES 145
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Switch KSS 38
* 1 Max Potion BKP 103
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 9

* 9 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I would say way too many Pokémon. 15 is a good limit if not less, and you have over 20. Your deck seems to be going in multiple directions - you will do better if you pick one. What six Pokémon do you want out at any one time? Have those plus 2-3 more that might tech in for certain roles only.

Next you have 17 supporters. Only one of those can be played per turn; it seems unlikely you’ll last 17 turns. Get that down to 12-15 or less. Think about why you have the supporters. Acerola is good for basics or maybe stage 1s. Not so good for Metagross who’s a stage 2 and you will be losing two turns when you play that.

Try more items that help you get going faster. Nest balls. Acro bikes. That sort of thing.

I'd also go for having 4 rare candy. You could get away with having 3 but having 4 makes it easier to draw into one and also give you more room to get one if you prize any.

I'll post my list for this when I get home tonight. I saw yours and I built something similar the other day. I like it, but the others are right. Too many pokemon and supporters. We can totally fix this, though! :)

Back