Mega Steelix, Mega Glalie, U.S. OR/AS Demo, and More! [10/14]

It seems like, from that screenshot of Mega Glalie's stats posted a few posts ago, that Mega Glalie gets a boost in special attack and its speed (assuming the poke isn't fully EV trained and such).
I gotta say, I really didn't expect these two to become megas, but hey, maybe we'll see more Steelix and Glalie's in comp battles, it would bring more variety to the pokes that make it on a comp team (for regionals/nationals/worlds/etc).
Glalie looks like it broke its jaw xP
I really can't wait to play the demo though! Hopefully it's a better demo than Smash, that was ehh for me

xayshade said:
Teal said:
Well thank you for spoilering me, I would have liked to discover this myself in the demo to-freaking-morrow.

Hey that's what Pokebeach is for isn't it?

Mega Glalie and Mega Steelix look amazing though. And the soaring thing is something i've wanted since Ruby and sapphire first came out. I wonder how this will affect the flying HM

I think it would be so cool for the HM fly to be kinda like the gummi ship in Kingdom Hearts, where you had to fly the ship to get to the different worlds and such, (sorry if you haven't played that game and have no idea what I'm talking about x)
but it'd be cool to incorporate a trail to fly from each city/town to the other!

Mortal_Zachary said:
Well the demos ruined for me now... But atleast Mega Steelix looks great.

In the US demo, there might be a different release of a mega, because I think Glalie was released in Korean demos, and Steelix in Japanese demos (or vice versa). So we might have a new mega to unveil too! I hope aha.

CuriousCleffa said:
In the US demo, there might be a different release of a mega, because I think Glalie was released in Korean demos, and Steelix in Japanese demos (or vice versa). So we might have a new mega to unveil too! I hope aha.

I do think we'll see more megas, so with the demo coming into America, they may showcase some new Megas that haven't been officially confirmed (I mean that they weren't in other language versions of the demo).

Mega Steelix looks amazing, i love the use of the rainbow crystals. Easily a top 5 mega.

Mega Gaile looks like a fusion between gaile and a bearded rhyperior. It seems to be based off frozen coal which is an intresting concept.

Edit: Anyone else having trouble making a Pokemon Account? On both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome the site will not let me enter a birthday or country (it freezes when i attempt to type in the information)

Stats of the 2 Megas + other Mega starters incase anyone wanted to know

Steel/Ground
Sand Force
HP:75
Atk:125
Def:230
Sp Atk:55
Sp Def: 95
Spd:30

this thing's stats are giving me Mega Aggron vibes, with an emphasis on attack and defence but bleh everything else. Not sure how it will do in comparison to Mega Aggron though.

Ice type
Refrigerate
HP: 80
Atk: 120
Def: 80
Sp Atk: 120
Sp Def: 80
Spd: 100

pretty obvious it's meant to be a mixed sweeper, although I can't help but feel that it would like a bit more speed to pull it off effectively. Refrigerate will give it some nice toys to play with anyhow.

Grass/Dragon
Lightningrod
Hp: 70
Atk: 110
Def: 75
Sp.atk: 145
Sp.def: 85
Spd: 145

this thing is literally built to be a speedy special sweeper, although it does seem to be a bit of a glass cannon.

Water/Ground
Swift Swim
Hp: 100
Atk: 150
Def: 110
Sp.atk: 95
Sp.Def 110.
Spd: 70

good all-rounder, considering it has Swift Swim I can see it doing well on rain teams

His Goominess said:

Steel/Ground
Sand Force

this thing's stats are giving me Mega Aggron vibes, with an emphasis on attack and defence but bleh everything else. Not sure how it will do in comparison to Mega Aggron though.

Ice type
Refrigerate

pretty obvious it's meant to be a mixed sweeper, although I can't help but feel that it would like a bit more speed to pull it off effectively. Refrigerate will give it some nice toys to play with anyhow.

Grass/Dragon
Lightningrod

this thing is literally built to be a speedy special sweeper, although it does seem to be a bit of a glass cannon.

Water/Ground
Swift Swim
Sp.Def 110.

good all-rounder, considering it has Swift Swim I can see it doing well on rain teams

That swampert is gonna be a complete monster

But it's good to know I made a good choice of choosing treecko. Wish he was a tad faster though

xayshade said:
His Goominess said:

Steel/Ground
Sand Force

Ice type
Refrigerate

Grass/Dragon
Lightningrod

Water/Ground
Swift Swim
Sp.Def 110.

But it's good to know I made a good choice of choosing treecko. Wish he was a tad faster though
Deoxys and Ninjask are the only things that outspeed it

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
xayshade said:

Deoxys and Ninjask are the only things that outspeed it

that's not good enough for my sceptile

not. good. enough

Anyone see anything about Masuda saying they wouldn't patch X & Y to include the new megas/primals? I think he means they won't make them obtainable in X & Y, but there's no reason to think that the would make them incompatible in regards to trading and battling. The internet, on the other hand, is blowing up over this. Thoughts?

@AlexanderTheAwesome: You're forgetting Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl...

Well, what if each different language demo has a different Mega? In that case, I doubt they would make them all demo exclusives, so I don't see how does that make the demo any special...

I love the two Megas... They look really cool. I'm a bit diappointed Glalie didn't gain any new type (Dark fits it quite well, despite the double weakness to fight), but it's still nice to have another Ice Mega... It was kind of expected though...
Steelix, on the other hand, was a good surprise, I was wishing for one but wasn't really expecting it for now... I like the shreds of metal around it...
Honestly, even though I like it, it reminds of some fan art I saw a few years ago at deviantart someone made and was supposed to be a Steelix evolution... I wished it looked more like this fan art, specially the coloration...
images

I guess shiny Steelix might be the closest thing

btw, it's been confirmed by another site I shall not name that they won't release a patch for XY to include the new Mega evolutions and primals... which just plain sucks...

Man the pics were amazing. So much like the 3rd gen games that it is not even funny. Everything is so close and they way the do the legendary Pokemon in these games is similar to how they did it in Platinum and HG/SS minus the fact that you needed Arceus to get the Pokemon. Other than that the games look pretty amazing.:)

Well, Europe got Mega Glalie, guess North America is getting Mega Steelix then.

According to a site whose name I shan't mention, Trainer Customization isn't coming back. That seriously sucks, but I hope that just means clothes and not skin tones. That would, frankly, be kind of racist.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Teal said:
Well thank you for spoilering me, I would have liked to discover this myself in the demo to-freaking-morrow.

In times like these you should avoid places like this. That said, at the top of articles there should be written "spoiler" in large size.
Except that I can't avoid this place because I'm running a forum game here. I didn't even go to the front site, the megas are in the freaking thread title.

I finished the demo (and about 20 extra missions; they're endless) and only got Glalie. Perhaps the USA will get something else if it's based on the region/country/language. Greece and the UK also got Glalie.

How are people getting the demo? I know japanese are, unless you are importing it, then how... Also, they said the trainer club newsletter will have ORAS codes. When will it be mailed out?

In Europe they handed out the codes at various events and more events are coming where they will be handed out. We were ale to download them starting at midnight (GMT+2). I don't know when the Trainer Club will send out the codes.

The story on the main site here says 10/15 the codes will be given out by e-mail and the official website says to opt in for the newsletter by 10/20. So the official website doesn't necessarily say when the newsletter will be sent out. However I think it can be assumed that it will be out sometime between 10/15 and 10/20.

Metalizard said:
@AlexanderTheAwesome: You're forgetting Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl...

Well, what if each different language demo has a different Mega? In that case, I doubt they would make them all demo exclusives, so I don't see how does that make the demo any special...

I love the two Megas... They look really cool. I'm a bit diappointed Glalie didn't gain any new type (Dark fits it quite well, despite the double weakness to fight), but it's still nice to have another Ice Mega... It was kind of expected though...
Steelix, on the other hand, was a good surprise, I was wishing for one but wasn't really expecting it for now... I like the shreds of metal around it...
Honestly, even though I like it, it reminds of some fan art I saw a few years ago at deviantart someone made and was supposed to be a Steelix evolution... I wished it looked more like this fan art, specially the coloration...
images

I guess shiny Steelix might be the closest thing

btw, it's been confirmed by another site I shall not name that they won't release a patch for XY to include the new Mega evolutions and primals... which just plain sucks...

That is weirdly similar. Even down to the orbiting gravel. like wow that looks very similar

Back