• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Scizor-EX/Dhelmise

Spectre_Makoto

Elon Musk is Steve Jobs' Nobody!
Greetings, all. I come to you today with a decklist with one of my favorite Pokemon: Scizor. Along with the new Dhelmise card from Guardians Rising.

M-Scizor EX - 4-3
Dhelmise (GUR) - 3
Tapu Lele GX - 2
--- 12 Pokemon

Metal Energy - 6
Double Colorless - 2
Shield Energy - 2
--- 10 Energy

Sycamore - 3
N - 3
Lysandre - 2
Kukui - 1
Skyla - 1
Lillie - 1
Pokemon Fan Club - 1
VS Seeker - 4
Ultra Ball - 3
Spirit Link - 3
Choice Band - 2
Field Blower - 2
Switch - 2
Mega Turbo - 2
Skyfield - 3
Trainer's Mail - 3
Rescue Stretcher - 1
Super Rod - 1
--- 38 Tr/Su/St

The idea of the deck is plain to see. With Scizor and Mega Scizor as your main attackers, and Dhelmise for damage boosting, Mega Scizor can run consisent pressure and annoyance with Iron Crusher. Also being able to discard Stadiums and Special Energy isn't bad either. In my experience with this deck it's a good check to Tapu Lele despite resistance being irrelevant before it, and even more so against Garbodor (though this is a bit back at forth for me at the moment). I only run 3 Dhelmise because anymore would clog the deck, and both Scizor and Lele do good damage already. Dhelmise is more meant as a gimmicky bonus, but it works well enough.

A preferable lead would be Scizor EX with a Shield Energy attached, at least 2 Dhelmise on the Bench, and using Steel Wing to mitigate damage to Scizor as much as possible while also dealing increased damage for a bit of pressure. Then hopefully in the next couple of turns, you are further set up with Mega Scizor and all of your Dhelmise on the Bench, leading to a 150 dmg Iron Crusher, possibly dealing KOs via earlier dmg dealt by Steel Wing. Tapu Lele is a self explanatory backup and support. I run 2 Choice Band. 1) for basic Scizor being a decent attacker in it's own right, same goes for Lele, 2) in the golden opportunity you are able to Field Blower your Spirit Link away, as well as whatever else, Mega Scizor with 3 Dhelmise and a Choice Band is throwing 180 dmg Iron Crusher to any EX or GX, which OHKOs a lot of current threats such as Lele, Tauros GX, etc.

This is all, of course in an ideal setting, this deck does currently have problems dealing with decks like Volcanion and Mega Rayquaza, less so with the former in my area's meta. In any case, this deck is mainly for fun but is powerful and certainly throw it's weight around. Also no one is expecting Scizor right now, so it adds a nice surprise.

So what do you guys think? I'm open to suggestions. And I hope you find it interesting.

Have you considered Reverse Valley? It would further your wall against opposing damage along with the shield energy.

One of the deck's I'll be play testing post rotation. The decklist looks good. Can't wait to try it with Guzma.

Back