• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Mega Sceptile Deck

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
Decklist
4x Sceptile-EX
3x Mega Sceptile-EX
2x Spinarak
2x Ariados
2x Shaymin-EX
1x Hoopa-EX
4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
2x Guzma
4x Vs Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
4x Trainer's Mail
3x Sceptile Spirit Link
3x Float Stone
2x Super Scoop Up
1x Scoop Up Cyclone
2x Super Rod
1x Parallel City
12xGrass Energy

Controversial Cards and the Reasons Behind Why I Play Them
I decided to play 2x Super Scoop Up and 1x Scoop Up Cyclone to minimize Item count, have another card slot, and still have the same chance of scooping as 4x Super Scoop Up. Another card that might be strange, is the one copy of Parallel City, this is to pressure my opponent and make it harder against Mega Rayquaza, which increases damage due to the amount of pokemon on their bench. The lineup of 4x Sceptile and 3x Mega Sceptile is played to have a better chance of starting with a Sceptile and the logic of having 3x Mega Sceptile is because each one is worth two prize cards. If my opponent knocks out all of them, having a fourth one would be useless because my opponent would have already taken all 6 prize cards. Usually a Mega Sceptile deck would contain 1x Super Rod, but this deck relies on more stalling and better consistency. My final option for this 2x Guzma, some might play 2x Lysandre instead, but this choice was made when testing in a match. My opponent had a Seismitoad on his bench and I had a damaged Mega Sceptile that had no energy as my active pokemon and a Mega Sceptile that had two energy on my bench. Would you rather waste energy to retreat, or play Guzma to save some energy and heal all damage from my damaged Mega Sceptile? This is also why I play 3x Float Stone.

Back